Hot take, BFA was better then Shadowlands

Yea idk why people think SL is better than BFA. BFA was definitely better than SL. Sure BFA had way more RNG. But BFA had far fewer systems of borrowed power and what systems it did have were far less annoying. Hello??? AP didn’t go into my bags! LOL. Have fun with all that anima clutter! LOL!

3 Likes

You’re missing the point: most players would rather just fly over all the nuisance trash and pesky elites littering the ground

Korthia is a tiny zone, but the Maw is still a massive zone with a high trash density. WTB flying in the Maw :-1:

1 Like

Here’s a funny for you.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/who-here-thinks-burning-crusade-killed-wow-25902237/

This is my favorite: “However it will be officially dead when Warhammer rolls in. Maybe even Age of Conan.”

1 Like

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/749338020565483613/853743286274752542/Screenshot_20210613-161012.jpg

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/749338020565483613/853739362663399444/Screenshot_20210613-155118.jpg

An archive of the old forums, a couple of many

3 Likes

I like BfA waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than SLs but I’m not speaking for everyone.

I really hate what Blizzard did to mount collecting this xpac, which is my main activity in this game.

2 Likes

SL with the way content is being so delayed makes it the worst expansion of all time. WoD will have more content than SL at this rate.

2 Likes

Shadowlands?

Oh you mean Delayedlands.

2 Likes

List of WOW expansions besides Shadowlands, during a supposed pandemic and lockdowns.

1. n/a
1 Like

Naw. BFA is probably the second worst expansion of all time beside the absolute worst, Cataclysm.

Hot take, BFA was better then Shadowlands

Yes, it was.

Yup. Game play is lame the story blows. Sad times

I never thought BFA was the worse thing ever even back when.

Compared to WOD it was a saint.

ew no. grinding pathfinder was a nightmare. artifact power was a nightmare.

This. 8.3 was unironically a really fun patch once you got past all the roadblocks Blizz put in front of you.

It’s also insane how the quality of the dungeons has dipped in one xpack. There isn’t a single dungeon in this expansion that’s as good as Mechagon and most keys give me the King’s Rest or Tol Dagor reaction of “oh god I have to run this garbage dungeon.”

Can you say “metrics?” /sarcastic

They are both crap, but SL is indeed crappier

as far as my gameplay style is concerned, yes bfa was better. there was nothing that stopped me from changing specs and gimped myself. grinding for gear was great.

I agree BfA is better than SLs so far but my opinion is a bit different because I am one of the few who actually loved BfA. I pretty much loved everything about it. From leveling to raiding to them utilizing previous expansion zones. I loved how they tried new things like IE and Warfronts. Which granted might not have been perfect but 2 things they could improve on and re-use. First raid also where factions got to switch to play as the other faction for a few bosses. That was awesome.

Also LOVED Drustvar and the story and imo has had one of the best dungeons since quite awhile in Waycrest Manor.

But I still laugh at those who continue to complain about grinds now and in BfA and in Legion etc. because all of these grinds today are nothing at all compared to Vanilla, BC and MoP grinds.

SLs I like both raids so far but yeah leveling, albeit it the fastest leveling expansion to date time wise, wasn’t that fun. The intro and the maw in the beginning wasn’t much fun imo. But once you get out of it the rest isn’t too terrible. I have a few lvl 60 alts but with flying unlocked now I plan to do a couple more to 60 as well.

BFA was better for casuals who enjoy world content and being able to get a chance of a gear upgrade. However, Mythic raiders complain about being force into doing World Content that Blizzard listen and nuke all world content to the ground. Anima was a complete failure as a replacement for the AP grind.

Crafting was much better because it had explusom and marks of honor for Uncanny gear. Now the only ones making gold are the uber goblins who could afford leveling up leggo recipes. I have sold maybe 50 contracts this whole expansion. In BFA I sold over 2K. Same with vantus runes.

Hot take, both are literal trash and having one pile of trash be slightly less stinky than the other doesnt make it better.

1 Like