Hostile Skies quest in Townlong Steppes

Cannot shoot mantid down after picking up cannon, only one wave of mantid show up also. Cannon shots explode immediately after firing, does not reach mantid flying.

Likewise - just got to the quest and the same thing is happening to me.

So i just tried a bunch of stuff and found something that works.

1. to shoot the mantids, target the 3-4 that spawn to the most right you can point your cannon, you should be able to take out 3-4 at a time and the rounds won’t explode immediately (they will everywhere else though)
  2. When the BIG mantid dude spawns next, you’ll find that nothing you can do will target it no matter where you point the cannon (like the original problem).
  3. To fix this, refresh your screen (I believe its called ReloadUI - I see this option using the add-on “addon control panel” but I think you can do this by just typing “/reload” in the chat window.
  4. When you do this, the quest will load you in the 3rd person instead of the 1st person view, but you’ll still have access to the cannon. All you have to do now is target the big baddy and fire. This will complete the mission and continue the chain of quests

This worked for me, and there might be an easier way or better way, but it worked for me so yay! Good luck!

1 Like