Horde to Alliance as Guild Master

As the GM of a horde guild. If I want to be alliance what is the proper path.

Do I race change and the guild changes with me.

Do I faction change the guild.

Do I have to re-invite everyone if I do faction change the guild.

I haven’t been able to find any information on this in my searches. Hopefully someone else will have more insight.

1 Like

You would need to give guild leader to someone else and then leave the guild and faction change. Then you would need to be reinvited to the guild by someone with permissions to do so, that you are in the same community with or battlenet friends with, and then see if the new GM would give you guild lead back.

2 Likes

Perhaps one of our SFAs can offer more insight in the morning when they get into the office, but since this all is really only a couple of days old - I know I’ve not seen anyone else ask these things here on CS.

Take this with a large grain of salt, but personally - I would create a placeholder Horde alt you can temporarily pass guild leadership to, then make perhaps a second rank that is essentially a co-GM for your soon-to-be Alliance person. That way you can make sure the guild remains intact while you’re doing your faction-change. Once it’s done, then pass guild leadership back to your original character. If for some reason something borks out, you’ve still got your character as GM either way.

4 Likes

My concern us how the achievements and whatnot will work, or if they can swap or not without faction changing the guild. I wonder if the game will let you. :thinking:

1 Like

From the Faction Change support information.

• You cannot faction change a character that is a Guild Master. You can either give the leadership to another member of the guild or buy a Guild Master Faction Change service.

And that link then states that the GM must still meet the requirements from the page I just linked.

2 Likes

My concern is the new cross faction stuff and if guilds are stuck as that faction until a guild faction change is used. That service still exists. So I wonder if it’s necessary in order to change the achievements and perks.

1 Like

The guild’s faction is based on the faction of the guild leader, but you cannot transfer leadership between factions so you would need to use the Guild Faction Change service to convert the Guild Leader and Guild to the opposite faction.

That service still works the same, a placeholder guild is left behind and the original guild becomes the new faction along with it’s leader.

Guild members would need to be reinvited to the “new” guild.

9 Likes

That’s what I figured. Thanks for that clarification, Vrak! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

same but i needed to check before i commited

1 Like