Horde Server

Stealth, like everything, is trumped by level. I feel ya. If it’s just one person, spam Sap if they approach, possibly while Sprinting to limit their reaction time. You can even do it between DoTs sometimes.

I know the situation is garbage. Just trying to help. Maybe take Improved Gouge and reduced Blind and Vanish CD to further up your odds of escape. Engineering, too, is great for this.

1 Like

Silthus is a great zone to go to for grinding and certain parts of winterspring hidden away from most players if you want to grind Azshara as well, just avoid the common quest hubs etc. It’s doable.

1 Like

Bgs cannot come soon enough. I love a good 1v1, even if I lose, but running around and suddenly a 15 man squad rolls up, pretty lame.

5 Likes

Even as a rogue doing fine, I’m ready for a change. It’s basically incentivized griefing. People hearthing with res sickness are camped until they unsubscribe.

it’s definitely gotten noticeably better without spy giving everyone wallhacks

3 Likes

Nice 1v1, forgot I had trinket to get rid of rocket helm stun, doh. Don’t think I would have won either way.

1 Like

did they finally break spy?

Hiding in a cave or instance to level is lame. Seeing and questing in the old world is what I was most excited about for Classic.

Phase 1 was awesome. Yes, PVP still happened and I sometimes got ganked by higher levels. The difference is there weren’t gank squads roaming every major zone. I’ve played on Emerald Dream since MoP and it was never this bad. Even if one zone was locked down, there were other zones that weren’t. Now everything is locked down during prime time.

yes thankfully. still works for targeting but the auto detect feature based on combat log is mostly ineffectual

Agree with you.

For many players, 1vMultiple on a regular basis is pretty frustrating. I don’t mind personally, but it’s a really intense environment that’s far beyond what’s typical of the WPVP scene. Most servers aren’t even as balanced as Grob is, so it’s even worse.

I got chased halfway across Feralas yesterday before getting killed by a group of Kindred and it was pretty hilarious.
I threw myself off a cliff and they dove down after me and took huge fall damage to ensure they killed me. I thought it was pretty awesome, and didn’t mind getting killed again subsequently, but a lot of players (especially if your sub 60 or fresh 60 trying to do stuff) probably find it maddening

I don’t understand the argument point that battlegrounds are too early, because it’s not “vanilla”. Part of the reason wpvp is so crazy is due to the fact that way more people are playing today than back then. Vanilla was not designed for 10,000 players per server.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean…it’s a very different game for many reasons.

The character talents are those used prior to TBC (not at the onset of the game).
The server populations are in many cases far larger than Vanilla servers were.

There are higher concentrations of ultra rabid PvP enthusiasts on the mega servers…it’s like living in Judge Dredd’s mega city 1 as opposed to living in contemporary day cities.

Then you’ve got players who know a lot more about how to play…so your just dealing with concentrated high populations of people…but also ppl who know that ‘Engineering is THE profession’ and ‘Of course you should use consumes’

2 Likes

2-4 rogues with near-perfect invisibility camping every flight path at all times - rogues that just come back the second you kill them to start picking off people again because there is no death penalty and they can crutch stealth to avoid any counter-ganks (unless you bait or trick them) - is an exceptionally ridiculous set of mechanics for a world pvp game. It wasn’t this bad in Vanilla because there weren’t 900,000,000 people per server playing easymode undead rogues in order to grief people with little to no effort. As Wristless said, the game wasn’t designed for this population.

Subs 60’s die instantly to rogues. We can’t counter-gank them because they just wait us out and come back. Nobody is going to sit at a quest hub or flight path for 30 minutes making sure the rogues stay gone. There is no incentive to defend your territory unless there is a steady stream of kills, so people just leave after a few minutes and questers/levellers go back to getting globalled by no-lifers that need their honour.

There’s “hardcore” pvp and then there’s helplessness. Sub-60s can’t do anything and us 60s aren’t properly incentivized to protect them. They aren’t going to change the way the game works, so rushing out BGs is their only real option at thi point.

(PS - Excellent mind control cap use, Wristless).

4 Likes

We were minding our own business murdering people in Ironforge and would have people literally run directly to where we were stealthed inside a random building.

So glad they nerfed spy.

1 Like

I wasn’t too sure what exactly happened, did your raid kill you? I was trying to find someone close enough and it happened to be you. Haha

1 Like

Yeah, they pretty much instantly killed me.

1 Like

Feels good, man.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: might transfer over here I heard ally were looking for someone to unite them? A … PvP guild? :wink:

Oh wait what was that? A pvp realm?? This is an RP realm with the world pvp ruleset.

Many of the guilds are not RP guilds. They are mainly pvp bros. Why they roll on an RP realm? No idea. They dont care about RP.

No, we are not lookong for someone to unite us. We are looking for RP

1 Like