Horde Server

The game literally caters to boat camping, why wouldn’t they?

Would seem I spoke to soon.
Over the last few days since my first post, I’ve been spending all my time wpvping. In searing gorge at least, it feels like there is no shortage of alliance. It’s a lot of back and forth of horde and alliance domination.Sometimes it even feels like one faction dominates for a whole night, then it switches the following night.
I will say that horde tend to stick around longer than alliance, though.
All in all the wpvp on this server feels pretty healthy and I’m happy I rolled grob :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree I’ve noticed this as well. Horde seem content to lock down one spot for a while even if it’s not good honor/hour. Alliance on the other hand will leave an area if things start to get quiet, not good honor gains, or if we just get bored. Groups/raids of Alliance tend to move around to different spots and zones pretty quickly and aren’t as concerned about keeping one spot clear for hours. And you generally won’t see Alliance hanging around other groups/raids of Alliance outside of Hillsbrad.

2 Likes

Exactly this. Alliance zergs about, and everywhere they’re not, Horde is. Gives us an omnipresent feel even though we don’t always win.

Like in SG, if they own TP, we tend to own mid and BRM. If they rush to BRM and oust us, we try to take mid, TP, and/or the areas around the cauldron. There’s no relief.

Yes very much this. We wiped a group camping the Theramore-Menethil boat several times last night around maybe 8:30ish ET, but then we left to go to BRM and I heard they came right back and continued to camp the boat for hours.

So while to regular Alliance trying to get on the boat it seems like Horde are everywhere and can’t be beat. But the fact is Alliance just don’t care enough to counter-camp.

1 Like

Idk, whenever I go to EPL or Thorium Point I’m usually ambushed by 15 Alliance so can’t say I agree there 🤷

My experience from hiding in stealth is that:

• There are horde players on this server. Sometimes they group.
  • There are alliance players on this server. Sometimes they group.
3 Likes

Sir, this is not a forum for logic and rationale.

We needed some Zirp in this thread!

Just stop playing after midnight when the rest of Alliance players are asleep. Duh.

Reroll a new character, make a rogue and park it somewhere it can farm mats safely.

Or quit and reroll on a blueflag server.

Alliance dominated in wpvp pre phase 2. I remember reading a lot of horde complaining on this forum and sub reddit on that matter. Post phase 2 - it was like paranoia for what’s to come was obliterated by the performance horde has out in wpvp. From what I gathered, it’s pretty balanced. Back and forth battles, death squads, camping, geared/undergeared, etc. All equal. I spend most of my time after work pvping (so 4-6 hours a night) and those are my honest observations.

Most ally guilds are raid logging ATM, they’re also the default PVE faction much less into pvp. (Though to be fair comparing to most server it’s good) and since Enclave disbanded, it’s noticeable how less active they are in harrishing horde.

1 Like

At least the 60s are having fun. Us 50s can’t quest anywhere. :sob:

3 Likes

god bless the spy nerf. i can finally pvp without turbonerd greenskins zerging me constantly because of a sound alert

1 Like

@shadows: But like… you’re a stealth class?

60s can see through my stealth.

1 Like

Stay further away.

I’ve gone 3 levels since phase 2, and spent a good amount of time pvping, utilizing stealth.

Maybe you need to consider spending 5 points in subtlety to get Master of Deception.

I try, but it’s hard when 60s are camping every major quest area.

The horde are just very excitable.

1 Like