NordVPNdrassil.
Ragnarock’n’ros. (Kinda)
Cthun.
Naxximum Carnage.
Illidaniel and Kael’thas.
Molly’s Ghost.
Yoggy-Sharon.
Arthouse.
Ragnarock’n’ros AGAIN via NordVPNdrassil AGAIN.
Derpwing.
The Dark Iron Horde.
The Legion, like a lot.
No’Sloth.
More Scourges.
Too Sexy for His Death Shirt.

And those are just the greatest hits.

I know night elf druids are sleepy, but did you really nap through most of those??

6 Likes

Wha! How dare you madam. How dare you I say! How can you suggest I am not the peak, nay, the EPITOME of wakefulness?!

5 Likes

I slept like a bear through all them I admit.

I will shamefully walk myself out now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah I skimmed over the arguments in this thread and think it’s all dumb.

I’m a vulpera primalist and I’m walking straight into Bel’ameth.

I’m hugging all of the big cats and blowing kisses at all the sentinels.

And none of you can stop me.

:dracthyr_uwu:

11 Likes

There’s literally no way for Horde to get there other than fly there manually, so there’s really no actual problem as it’s a Sanctuary in function only. You, the player, are just a guest. You can’t partake in most amenities. It doesn’t matter.

If some Horde wants to leave the setting of TWW, fly to Bel’Ameth, and hang out there, so be it.

… it’s very unrelated but this still bugs me lol. I understand BfA was like 14-17 years past when most of this stuff was written, but there was a strong point that their imperialistic shift caused the Night Elves and Cenarius to lose mutual interest and split. He’s descended from Elune, and Elune’s own presence in society was a fairly waning thing in the Empire.

Like it was them as materialists losing their spiritual values and just trying to take junk in a way that it just makes no sense for Elune herself to get involved with…

3 Likes

Given Zekhan’s comments on his people being on the recieving end and the nature of the Night Warrior being about wrath, it is likely someone wronged the ancient Night Elves which to a byproduct of the Night Elves gaining territory rather than it being their intention to.

It also doesn’t make a lot of sense, because as per Chronicles (and likely previous sources) it was Azshara herself who expanded the night elves’ territory against the trolls in ancient Kalimdor.

There was never a mention of the night warrior doing so, until Maiev used the vague term “to secure Kalimdor”. Elune herself was not considered to be a goddess who actively participates in wars until really necessary.

1 Like

Elune and the Night Warrior were first mentioned in the War of the Ancients book series:

In contrast to the previous times that they had met, the novice priestess of Elune-the Mother Moon-wore an outfit more befitting the way of war than the peace of the temple… To Malfurion, she looked more like the priestess of a war god and evidently Tyrande could read such in his expression. With a bit of defensiveness, she admonished him, “You may excel at your new calling, Malfurion, but you seem to have forgotten the elements of Mother Moon! Do you not recall her aspect as the Night Warrior, she who takes the courageous dead from the field and sets them riding across the evening sky as stars for their reward?”

Warriors astride night sabers charged into the battle from all sides, their beasts mauling some of the demons before the latter realized they were under assault. As the newcomers attacked, they sang. Malfurion gaped at them, only belatedly realizing that they were not the soldiers of Jarod Shadowsong. Their armor was more silver and-he looked twice-shaped for more feminine figures. The song he heard was in praise of the Night Warrior, the fearsome battle incarnation of the Mother Moon.

8 Likes

I do remember Maiev mentioning others that had undergone the ritual.

I"M AWAKE! I’M AWAKE!

6 Likes

Yeah, I know this, but the Night warrior aspect was never before used in reference to conquering/securing Kalimdor.

Elune herself, despite the Night Warrior aspect, was never seen as a goddess involved in conquest. She was a compassionate goddess, showing mercy and healing even to those who the night elves saw as their enemy:

“But are not all the children of Elune?”

~ Tyrande with regard to Broxigar

For the night elves to use the warrior aspect of Elune to conquer Kalimdor should’ve required devastation to their people of the likes of Teldrassil or even worse. And we already know that it was Azshara and her forces, and not the night warrior, who gave the deathblow to the ancient trolls at war with the night elves.

It could have been a Night Warrior loyal to Azshara and conquering in her name. Remember everyone loved her before the WotA, and I doubt Azshara was personally out on the battlefield her whole thing was lounging around in extravagance.

The Night warrior aspect isn’t given to anyone. It would kill a person who attempted the ritual without a cause favored by Elune.
I doubt Elune would have approved of Azshara’s or the Highborne’s pursuits.

1 Like

But she did represent aspects of war when it was necessary. She did not get involved in the War of the Ancients, but the Night Elf Priestesses still followed Elune’s ways when going into battle.

There wasn’t really any war between Azshara and the Trolls, from Azshara’s perspective. They were a nuisance at her borders at most, and posed no threat against the arcane powers her forces could draw from the Well.

But while Azshara expanded the empire, she was not the one who founded it or established the borders the Trolls found themselves at before Azshara’s reign.

1 Like

I would surmise the following events:

• Based on Elun’alor and the Crumbling Ceremonial Vestments, Elune already had an influence on the dark trolls, who possibly exchanged views with some of the Zandalari and saw her as a loa. The dark trolls discover the well of eternity and settle around it.

• They mutate into night elves, while retaining devotion to Elune who they theorise sleeps within it, all while becoming increasingly interested in its arcane magic.

• The Zandalari and other tribes observe this and declare war on the increasingly powerful hybrids, who are still at a nascent stage. The wars and skirmishes with the newly formed night elves continue for years and they are overwhelmed by the number of other trolls, leading to their decline.

• The night elves call on Elune to save them, who grants one of them the power of the Night warrior. The night warrior quickly turns the tide against the other trolls, securing their holdings around the well of eternity, Hyjal and other areas previously tied to the dark trolls, and expanding outward. These events solidify their faith in Elune and replace their worship of loa with only a passing interest in the wild gods.

• In response to this the Zandalari declare followers of Elune as heretics, with only a small sect retaining her teachings in secret and having to represent her as Lun’al, the moon loa instead of the moon goddess.

• With the night warrior drained/killed and the night elven holdings secure, the night elves can continue training their magic with the Well, surpassing their previous power and decreasing their reliance on Elune.
  • The sisterhood retains its influence and turns to the Mother Moon’s teachings instead, and the Highborne become more powerful as they hold out against the troll empires surrounding them.

• Centuries pass and eventually Azshara comes into power and decides to put an end to the troll threat, expanding further outward and crushing the other tribes besides Zandalari, eventually leading to the treaty signed by Azshara and the Zandalari.

• The night warrior’s power becomes a legend while the Highborne rise, leading to the casteism and division seen in night elf society.
  • Because of Elune’s role in protecting them, the night elves still retain their faith in her, save for many Highborne.
3 Likes

She did in an indirect way, as when Azashara had Tyrande as a captive the highborne could do nothing to cause her harm. Then they tried starving her and Elune made it so she needed no food nor water.

Which being fair is how she usually intervenes; in a highly focused but indirect manner.

2 Likes

Hardly.
Again.
Amadis confuses new lore being introduced in the game, such as the titan facility in nazmir, with Maiev not knowing he name of a night warrior that did not ever exist.

Maiev is legitimately one of the oldest entities on the entire planet.

Maiev doesn’t know her name because the night warrior legend is a story conferred by Elune, likely of her many other planets.

You seem oddly fixated on this. Anyways, all we can say for sure is Maiev belonged to the Sisterhood of Elune as a senior priestess by the time the WotA broke out. We really cannot say how long she had been around or much of anything before that, but the way she framed it, it was ‘Long Ago’ even for her. So who even knows how far back it be if even to her it is quasi-mythic. Like I said there is a vast blank with Kaldorei lore before Azashara.

…plus, I mean they invented a new first-er world tree in 10.2 and also made Elune into Eonar’s lover so I guess anything goes now.

3 Likes
    Ra-den says: Such a magnificent facility! It looks to be of Archaedas's make.
    Ra-den says: Odd that I was unaware of its existence.

Ra-den is a lot older than Maiev.

1 Like