Horde players showing up neutrally on Amirdrassil

The reason your continued arguments look exactly the opposite of what you’re trying to say now is that:

• The whole Horde is not, by any argument, being given permission to just hang out on Amirdrassil. Even the Horde leaders who showed up at the final stages of the big fight are gone post-victory party.
  • The only Horde presence will be the Horde hero (represented by the player) who did just fight to save Amirdrassil and had been there to fight the threats as soon as they appeared. They cannot be “only fighting to save the world” because when they arrived, there wasn’t a known threat to the world.
  • In spite of both of the above being true, you have repeatedly dismissed them both with claims such as “they only even came to save Azeroth” and “well later lore might edit the Horde player out”. The former is debunked, the latter is disingenuous because we don’t know what later lore will even look like.
  • And your argument simply amounts to “Horde players should not be present at all”. This in particular looks like an atempt to punish Horde players with less content because there will be new transmog appearances scattered across the tree, and nowadays transmog and cosmetics are pretty much the biggest draw when it comes to content.

So yeah, it kinda does look exactly like your endgoal is as much about ensuring the Horde players get less content as it is about some nonesense argument that flies in the face of facts and reasoning.

6 Likes

There is also the whole diplomacy thing, being KOS on horde is less realistic than them being able to visit with proper supervision.

1 Like

In the end, blizz simply isn’t going to give horde players less content because a few night elf players are throwing a fit about them being in Amidrissal

5 Likes

To be fair, considering a scattering of transmog pieces as content is pretty generous. Unlike the Reclamation of Gilneas for patch 10.2.5, Bel’ameth and Amirdrassil aren’t even mentioned on Blizzard’s patch roadmap announcement. Don’t really know what much there will be to do that would take more than a quick fly through the zone.

1 Like

I was an active player during Warlords of Draenor.

A few peices of cosmetic rewards is more than a selfie camera.

Plus, again, it’s hard to deny that cosmetics are the new coveted reward system. Eleven new items to collect and probably not use is nothing to snort at.

2 Likes

Dragonflight is the first expansion that I did not actively play in until almost its second major patch. I have a fully fleshed out Garrison and painstakingly clicked the Inn recruiter week after week to accomplish this:

So I have to agree with you and say I don’t remember Warlords of Draenor having any end game content, no.

1 Like

Amadis, why do you have a full harem of female night elves?

Or is it a violation of the TOS to tell me?

3 Likes

You just damn near killed me, Amadis. I was sipping coffe, dang it!!

I approve of that answer and love that someone else asked it before me.

2 Likes

are those all npcs that appear at some point?

They made cameos in the Legion starting quests in Stormwind, but haven’t seen them since then I don’t think.

At least let them have a ceasefire, FFS. This happens all the time in border conflicts and disputed territories.

To be fair, it was the Night Elves that turned down the ceasefire and armistice in general.

Yeah, at the time, it made sense (though it makes me wonder how or why they weren’t already wiped out by the Night Warrior). Well, after DF, it doesn’t make sense for them to not have a ceasefire…
The armistice ofcourse, is more official, but it was pointless anyway since Shadowlands, when Tyrande and Shandris started working with the Horde again.

1 Like

True. Exploring Kalimdor was set before Shadowlands, so we don’t really know what’s been going on in Ashenvale since then.

At the very least, the Warsong are still active, recently got a new chieftain and were featured in the Orc Heritage where they made no mention of leaving (or remaining in) Ashenvale, so it’s up in the air whether the Horde ouposts in Ashenvale are still standing

If they were to relocate, I’d have them settle either Mulgore or Stonetalon (or maybe Un’goro but I’m saving this one for the AU Mag’har LMAO)

1 Like

Gorgonna was opposed to her sister’s view of invading the Night Elves’ lands, but, yeah, besides her traveling to Ashenvale (though we don’t know when it was that she did so) the Orc Heritage questline didn’t make it clear what the Warsong are currently up to, only adding further to the sticking point left by Exploring Kalimdor.

The Horde has always had a hard time reigning in the Warsong, be it in Warcraft III, vanilla WoW, or Garrosh in general. In such a way, one ideal way to handle this situation would be to say that the Horde was having a hard time regulating the Warsong at Splintertree Outpost after Sylvanas abandoning the Horde, and that it was not until Gorgonna was able to claim chieftainhood that the Horde managed to get the Warsong to pull out of Ashenvale to end hostilities with the Night Elves.

1 Like

This is just me and my personal feelings regarding Ashenvale and the Horde.

The Warsong lumber camp is so close to Orgrimmar that I just don’t see them leaving it. But that should be the sole extent of the Horde’s lore presence in the zone. Let them stay there, on the border, preferably not lumbering, as a counter-point to the Alliance (Stormwind presumably) keeping outposts in Durotar (per Exploring Kalimdor), but in my perfect world it’s more of a watch post or trading post.

That said, if some revised (with fewer errors) Exploring Kalimdor said the Horde totally pulled out of Ashenvale, I’m fine with that too.

4 Likes

To be fair, Valormok is much closer to Orgrimmar, and as per Exploring Kalimdor the Night Elves were attacking it, too. The Horde withdrawing from the Warsong Lumber Camp in exchange for the Night Elves no longer attacking Orgrimmar’s back gate would resolve the hostilities.

1 Like

It’s like we say in ffxiv. Glamour is the REAL endgame!

3 Likes