Horde or Alliance for PvP?

Faction doesn’t affect queue times. When you’re picking a server, look on the right of each server name and don’t pick one that says High or Full if you’re wanting to avoid queues.

Honestly, faction doesn’t make a huge difference when it comes to PvP. Horde racials are marginally better than alliance racials in PvP encounters but they aren’t broken nor does it make PvP “EZ mode for horde” as you’ll find several whining alliance claim.
No matter what faction, race, class, or spec you pick, you’ll have good and bad matchups, but know that you can make any spec work if you play it well and know your limits. Don’t expect to be an enhancement shaman and get windfury procs all the time, and don’t expect to be an arms warrior who avoids kiting by a mage or hunter.
Find a class you enjoy and have fun.

Oh, and every class will have a role to play in BGs so all are welcome (especially AOE mages lol)

1 Like

Horde queue times are much longer than Alliance. As in, dont plan on playing more than one AV per day unless you are non-life.

Do we have any reasonably reliable data sources available?

I know there are issues* with https://wowclassicpopulation.com/ and https://ironforge.pro/servers/, but they seem to be better than nothing.

They also seem to suggest that overall, Alliance has more people than Horde.

BG Queues beg to differ…

EDIT:

I’m not trying to disparage those sites. Let me clarify precisely what I mean by issues:

• *WoWClassicPopulation relies on a consensus addon, that uses /who to see the population on a given server. It then requires that data to be uploaded to their servers. The more people using this addon, and logging in at various times, the more reliable the data can be. Naturally, the reverse is also true.

• *Ironforge.pro uses WarcraftLogs’ data, which relies on raid logs being gathered and uploaded to the WarcraftLogs site. If every raid group had at least 1 person logging this way (which they don’t), then the most accurate this can possibly be is to show the number of raiders. This has no knowledge of leveling characters, etc. which obviously have impact on queue times, among other things.

Gnomes have escape artist, which is pretty helpful in this situation.

Not to mention that Alliance have Paladins with Blessing of Freedom :slight_smile:

Good lord with this…

I wish you had to fight a warrior with escape artist and a fap/grenade ready…

back to reality

Alliance will have better q times and more healers, more premades.

Horde will have a faction advantage on most servers (not mine).

Horde have better pvp racials, but escaper artist is amazing.