Horde only tranfer results?

Do you guys think enough horde will transfer to even out faction sizes on servers? Has there already been a noticable change for some of you on either faction?

Also to any alliance players stuck without half their guild due to the faction lock mishap, take a look at the blue posts and contact support about reversing your transfer.

2 Likes

Considering most horde prefer to be the dominant faction because it plays into their RL character fantasy, the motivation for faction restricted migration wasn’t for them to transfer, but to stop alliance from transferring so that they would have props on their server for the aforementioned fantasies. I’d expect very few horde to transfer, considering that they had that option before and that for them, nothing has changed. The solution was already simple and possible - Mass horde transfer to the few alliance dominated servers. Good luck for that happening now.

11 Likes

Heartseeker Alliance here, yeah I notice a lot more horde in Tanaris, BRM, and Badlands. It’s pretty nice and bad but I keep hearing horror stories that horde and bashing each other trying to get each other to leave, is that true?

I see a lot more Horde max level not many more leveling.

3 Likes

Everyone should just do what’s good for me while I do nothing

2 Likes

That’s a big reach, bud. Might as well just suggest that Alliance prefer to be the beta option.

2 Likes

Horde bashing each other to make them leave? Hmmm, maybe some horde guilds thinking it will be easier to get rank 14 with fewer rivals in the brackets.

Wowwwww, what’s the even supposed to mean?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with being the little spoons sometimes.

(I figured I would get responses like horde this and alliance that so just ignored em.)

It’ll be interesting to see if Blizzard will eventually open the free transfer to both factions again when there number of transfers are too few to solve the queue issues because players don’t want to ‘leave a populated server to move to a dead server’.

Why would horde want to transfer off a server they are dominating?

5 Likes

You mean forced transfer? Sounds like a big pr fail.

Since you don’t seem to be aware of this, in fact there are overall more horde playing on pvp servers than alliance. It doesn’t matter how they try to “balance” it. It can’t be done.

3 Likes

Horde: "Alliance transferring off Whitemane* (Insert horde dominated server here) are chit players with weak stomachs, they should suck it up and stay for us to beat on

Also Horde: “I’m not going to Heartseeker, its dominated by alliance, ill be camped non stop.”

14 Likes

/10char

1 Like

I haven’t seen that anywhere o.o it’s all been really positive in chat and disc.

Maybe some fringe people, but it’s probably very isolated.

It can actually. Set population size limit by faction, set it low enough that Alliance will fill their allotment, and implement faction based queue. Then there wont be more horde than alliance in game. The overflow can just wait in queue or reroll.

2 Likes

Faction queues: problem solved.

Why should the much lower faction have to share a queue with the dominating faction?

2 Likes

What is this word “can” you are using to describe an untested hypothesis, given that pvp queue times have never worked in the past to have any effect on population balance?

You are of course omitting the third and most likely alternative. Large numbers of players who have paid to play the game and now find they will no longer be permitted to will quit entirely.

1 Like

Lets be honest. If they haven’t quit yet after the stellar launch, multitude of layering exploits, questionable free transfers and 0 launch population control measures, they arent quitting.

They’ll just wait their turn to play like they did when the queue was 8 hours long on launch day.

No, you be honest. You wouldn’t change faction and/or server if someone reassigned you arbitrarily after you were promised you could play with your friends. Now expected to throw away all the work you put into your characters, you would quit too.

I hate people who think the solution to all problems in the game is forcing other players to do something they wouldn’t do themselves, imagining that those other players would gladly kneel in front of you and say, “Thank you sir. May I have another?”

Yeah. Sure they’re going to throw away all the work they’ve done to reroll on another server which will be even more imbalanced. No, wait, they won’t be permitted to play there either! Because the number of horde on pvp realms is so much larger than the number of alliance that the only way to get any sort of balance is to remove large numbers of paid subscribers from the game.

Great business plan you have there.

5 Likes

Good thing we’re not doing that then. I waited in queue just like everyone else did, and would do so again if it meant more balanced servers.

Unbalanced servers simply aren’t worth playing on.