Horde needs to change its culture

how do you even do that?

the horde commited genocide, the alliance is basically forever justified in anything baring genocide themselves

SO HAS THE ALLIANCE, TROLLBANE.
Quit being such a massive hypocrite. You don’t care about genocide, you just care that you got hit with it for a change.

1 Like

What the trolls wars? The wars that where started by the trolls lol haha

The trolls who started to genocide the high elves, cause they dont know how to speak words and then while they where at it, they attacked the humans who where living there for thousands of years like seriously

Reading this thread hurts my head enough to distract me from cramping pain. Good job everyone!

4 Likes

It might be just me, but personally I kinda want the Alliance to be a dark shade of grey, let them do some morally questionable stuff that allows people to discuss if said action was ultimately good or evil.

And the horde definitely needs to go back to it’s shamantistic roots. Where they only really attacked because they were defending their lands/family from outsiders. When one side, the horde, keeps comitting astrocities even after they keep promising not too…well, no one takes the story seriously anymore.

How about any shade of Grey? Blizzard says the world (story) is shades of grey but writes everything black and white (and inconsistent).

:cactus:

17 Likes

To many ally players want to remain perfect and peaceful and hold hands while singing Kumbayah around the campfire.

I agree completely though. Humans in this game are shown to be flawless 9/10 times which is the farthest thing from the truth from actual humans. Show them screwing up now and then or doing something that would most likely be frowned upon, show some actual human traits. It doesn’t need to result in an Alliance Civil War or the Siege of Stormwind, but I mean god forbid some good story telling take place for once.

I realize there are tensions between Tyrande and Anduin right now but we all know as soon as Shadowlands comes out she will be kissing his boots acting like Teldrassil didn’t even matter.

Also look at the current alliance, Void Elves and Dark Irons should be raising a lot more eyebrows than they are.

1 Like

I agree with you. The alliance being these perfect, can do no wrong group of people, is just soo BORING. Where’s the tension between the Dark Irons, Void Elves, Lightforged, ally demon hunters/death knights? I really find the alliance super boring and the reason I stopped playing the horde was because, and I’m not the only one, I got tired of being told I’m a terrible person by blizzard for wanting to play the horde(I’m a huge forsaken fan)

3 Likes

What? Did you level by picking flowers or something?

1 Like

If you’re justifiable and sympathetic, you’re not villain batted.

15 Likes

I’m personally tired of the alliance being sympathetic and justifiable. I seriously want them to do seriously morally questionable stuff. Let the villian bat swing away baby!

If some of the replies here and in other threads are indicative, Blizzard actually knows their Alliance audience quite well. Many of them seem to be completely unable to handle any instance in which they were not fully justified or correct, and bend themselves into rhetorical pretzels trying to explain away the few instances Blizzard had the balls to show the Alliance being less than perfect.

24 Likes

If Blizzard drastically changes the culture of the Horde to be more like the Alliance, why even keep the Horde?

Just dissolve the Horde, take down all their banners, pave their streets with cobblestone and have WoW be one big faction, one big Alliance.

Hell, you could even go a step further by explaining the new lore for pvp with once two bloodthirsty factions going to war that now compete in more like a war games scenario, even better, both teams can have a mix of races with orcs and humans being on the same team!

Personally that would be boring, Horde should be Horde and Alliance should be Alliance. Without the Horde it would be very difficult for Alliance players to justify their self righteousness. Ally players NEED the Horde to be the bad guys. Although it does make me smile thinking what would happen if Blizz wrote the Alliance to be even worse than the Horde ever was, visiting these forums on that day would be a must.

2 Likes

And horde players can handle being good they spent all of bfa crying and screaming about being villains and now when alliance players even suggest that the horde be good now and not be villains more kicking and screaming

You know for the alliance to even be villains to you to even get to question themselves for attacking the horde the horde actually need to be good

Sometimes I wonder if you read these forums after running each post through google translate a few times.

18 Likes

Not me, is entirely possible to have morally gray characters that maybe can make mistakes or get a little emotional in the name of revenge because is a total human thing to do. but problem with blizz is that they go from one extreme to another. like jaina. to me, she is a good person who made a few mistakes and maybe gets a little emotional in the name of justice, that is the alliance that i want, morally gray, flawed not always being “perfect”.

We don’t need need to be bad guys, we just need to be gray.
i bet that everyone would have a far more enjoyable experience, the horde can have fun hating the other faction and the ally can have fun hating the other faction.

and everyone can enjoy the story a little more.
sadly, the horde went to extreme dark that makes it difficult to have the alliance be “gray” when after things like teldrassil they are pretty much justified to do almost anything.

2 Likes