Horde morale is low

The new model for the guy was what made him look facially dumpy, as the character is far more visually appealing in graphic depictions. It’s obvious they were going for a strong jaw, but with 3D they got a little more grog instead.

Unrelated, but I’m actually hoping they write Anduin as a failed king. It’s so easy to give the guy a sword and call him a paladin, but they’ve already set the stage of the initial ‘I’ll never be as good as my father’. We see Simbas so often in this genre, writing something that goes the other way around would be a nice change of pace.

4 Likes

Nothing you read on the general forum is a reliable indicator of anything.

There’s some edgelords and trolls that love the Horde story because it’s grimdark and metal as frick, and saying I like that will get me reactions. But there are articles in legit magazines and websites about how betrayed and pooped on MANY Horde players feel.

6 Likes

I read the general forums when I want to experience the exciting, pulse-pounding sensation of Draino Liquid hurled into my eyes without actually having to get up.

10 Likes

Lear would be hilarious, and tragic.

1 Like

Faction pride isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

Every alcoholic thinks they’re a social drinker.

7 Likes

I enjoy the horde’s story and it’s characters. Right now the quality of said story is bad and so is the characters.

1 Like

What I mean by that saying, is that faction pride IS allowed. Obviously. Just like people are allowed to drink. But people who overdo it seldom acknowledge it. They just think people are telling them they’re not allowed to drink.

6 Likes

I miss having Horde pride. I don’t think I’ve felt that since… …

Wrath, maybe?

7 Likes

See, this expansion has been a bit of an odd one for me in the opposite effect. My Alliance main has ZERO faction pride due to being bitter about Alterac and similar actions. Meanwhile my Horde main finally has a TON of faction pride since he’s the furthest thing from remorseful about being former Scourge. So, it’s kinda crazy seeing everyone ELSE be the odd man out for a change! XD

Still, I can see where others come from on their complaints regarding the Horde story thus far as well as Wrynn bias. Honestly, if they want to keep him squeaky clean that’s fine, but there’s other ways to go about it. One of life’s biggest hurdles is that of unintended consequences. Show him giving orders that get misinterperted, resulting in disaster or slaughter. Show him paralyzied by fear of what future commands might result in and other advisors or nobles stepping in to try and take advantage of his indecisiveness. There’s all sorts of stories that could be told.

2 Likes

Look at the bright side, with everyone hating the story we can now safely ignore it as RPers! This means no Kor’Kron nonsense this time.

Really, there are perks to everyone checking out story wise.

3 Likes

I sure hope that becomes the case because I’m scared of people following the story given the horror stories I heard about the Kor’kron thing. I’m endeavoring to keep out of Orgrimmar as much as possible if I cna’t avoid being there entirely. I got cross-faction RP I’d rather do, as well as adventures…

1 Like

Forgive me for quibbling, but all Blizzard’s writers chose was to keep their paychecks. The story was drafted by programmers, which explains what’s wrong with it in a nutshell.

7 Likes

Horde morale is low

this is our chance soldiers, assemble for one final cavalry charge and time it to crash into the lines as the volley of arrows finishes and then we’ll end the Horde threat once and for all

I also order Dominos when I want health food.:pizza:

1 Like

Mmmmh …pizza…

Makes Homer drooling noises

I live within walking distance of a Pizza Hut now. So, at least I know what’ll ultimately kill me, which is nice.

3 Likes

Kiiinda where I’m at on this one. So I’m gonna comment solely on the story component.

Hell, I miss Thrall. I want him back IMMEDIATE. That says a lot, I think, about how I feel about the state of the Horde. I haven’t really liked a Horde leader SINCE Thrall, so despite his sudden deification in Cataclysm, I want him back as Warchief Thrall, which to be honest, was when his character was at his best.

1 Like

Faction pride is totally allowed.

But when the story bends so that one faction is a gang of murderous, genocidal cartoon villains and the other is a cadre of morally unimpeachable do-nothings, you might be asked to elaborate.

7 Likes

Basically.

Pride means you’re proud of something. I have to wonder what anyone is actually proud of currently. The Horde has accomplished nothing, but killing. And they gained nothing from it all. Teldrassil was to send a message. No tangible results.

The Alliance chose to kill the man who would affect the Horde the least. A victory? Yes. But Rastakhan already has a replacement, and basically the Horde lost nothing.

The Alliance is full of kind people, the Horde is full of strong ones. Those are the only two angles I can find.

1 Like