Horde leaders power level

I’m not sure we will ever have a balanced faction dynamic. Pretty much all of our leaders seem to be regular people compared to many characters of the Alliance who might as well be gods.

4 Likes

Realistically their is no amount of grooming you can give to a being who lives 40-70 years in the face of those with 10,000 years of experience.

It litterally will never be a “grooming” issue, it is a Monarchy plain and simple, well a Monarchy and writer favoritism.

1 Like

Guys, High King is just a military position. Ignore that the current one is the son of the last guy.

This really is a “the themes won out over all logic” which I wouldn’t mind if the Sylvanas/Anduin dynamic wasn’t terrible and Anduin was better written in general.

1 Like

Even if all of this were true (which I don’t believe it is), it doesn’t mean the Horde should welcome back Cairne’s murderer. I resented her becoming an ally in the Shaman Order Hall. She’s a villain, and supposedly we’re trying to purge those kinds of characters from the Horde, not invite them back in.

This is ridiculous. Were that the case, orcs could never have killed even one single draenei.

Pretty much, if the alliance power-levels were more grounded they would get more stories and more believable trials if Blizzard stopped for a moment to buff them to no end to just throw them away like yesterday’s garbage

Now if only they could show more of the strength and inherent physical capabilities from each race that would be perfect like Baine showing his Tauren strength capable to even lift pillars.

Killing and leading are two different qualities especially when all technological advantages are even.

Anduin is not asked to kill he is asked to lead.

But more importantly yes no Draeni should die to an Orc in a War when one side has the option available to send in Mechs, Nuke from space and terraform the planet.

Honestly if we see Grom again, he’s likely a brain-washed meat puppet of the Light. I think Blizzard is too found of the undead-like mind control being used by their evil Warlords

Honestly I kinda like that the Horde leaders are basically still completely within realms of mortals. it makes them at least somewhat relatable, while the Alliance is over there with with its JRPG Deity-level NPC protagonists who eclipse everything the player character could hope to do.

if Baine’s dumb self tells me he needs my help, I believe him. He clearly can barely manage to install his nose ring in the morning.

If Jaina tells me she needs my help I go “What happened to your dragon boyfriend and your flying magical ghost ship with arcane cannons and all the water elementals you singlehandedly control and all your other bullcrap, jaina? Huh? WHERE?”

19 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Varian Wrynn would like to speak with you about that.

1 Like

He is just a warrior now, i do not think he cast a single spell in shadowlands.

hopefully they put his mom so she can spank him into shape.

Thalyssra is weird to me because not once has she ever been displayed as weak, just not as strong as Jaina (whom is very broken).

Her biggest crimes was her showing interests in others application of magic, which I always found odd to use against her because it’s not like that’s been an uncommon thing in wow. A blood elf in Azshara noted that the highborne was using old outdated magic due to their isolation. Of course Thalyssra would be interested in a flying boat. How often would you use one under Suramar’s bubble?

2 Likes

There is lore to be tied down there. Thrall went back in time dragon aspect book and saw his parents get murdered in front of him. He didn’t help as he didn’t want to change the timeline but it did scar him. Draka gave him a cold stare as she died, but I really do not think blizzard remembers. It would be great if they revisited it and gave my guy Thrall some peace.

He does get his powers back, actually.

Does he really?

Thread about it here.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/thrall-got-his-mojo-back/600456

Thank you, this is good to hear.

He blasts the mawsworn with lightning when you show up to rescue him.