Horde in terror of darkshore cinematic came off as LOTR orc levels evil

Was watching terror of darkshore and the horde tokens just reminded me of LOTR Orc levels of evil. Did anyone else get these vibes? Even the belf seemed bad

5 Likes

Well the Horde in BfA is pretty much as evil as the germans in WW2, maybe even worse…

The Darkshore warfront loading screen also shows a lot about who is evil, and the forsaken are by far the worst.

Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9w7xma/wow_this_darkshore_loading_screen_shows_so/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

9 Likes

No, in the Terror of Darkshore cinematic the Horde does nothing evil, and the only mildly threatening thing they do is refuse to retreat in the face of superior numbers. Taken by itself, Terror of Darkshore actually presents the Horde in the traditionally heroic role of being outnumbered, outclassed, and picked off by a monster.

If you think it makes them look “LOTR orc levels evil” than this is something you’re bringing to the cinematic, not something that’s there.

33 Likes

Oh please 1) anyone even interested in WoW lore will not “take it by itself”. 2) you have a bunch of orcs, trolls and an undead, traditionally not good guys, fighting against a druid and someone who is illuminated by the moon, the moon and nature generally being symbols of “good”. 3) the husk of Teldrassil can be seen burning in the distance, anyone can easily guess it was the Horde’a fault!

8 Likes

The Horde was outnumbered one-fifth to one.

3 Likes

What was the point of this post other than another “haha, Horde BAD!!” thread? Yeah, we get it, the Horde was painted as cartoonishly bad in BFA, Terror of Darkshore included. I don’t think it came off as anymore “LOTR Orc levels of evil” than any other part. You think the Blood Elf looked bad? Literally all she did was question what was in the woods and then get killed. I fail to see how that was “LOTR Orc levels of evil.”

40 Likes

Okay Zerde, I get that you’re easily triggered by anyone presenting any situation where the Horde look positive. But you’re going to want to start actually thinking about your posts. Because this post was nonsense.

Literally, that is what this thread is about. All you’re telling me is that you, like the original poster, are not able to judge the cinematic objectively. Fine, I know objectivity isn’t something you strive for but without trying, that makes your contributions useless.

Although I am always amused by arguments that boil down to “we should judge them for how they look.”

“The husk of Teldrassil” that can be seen is neither clearly a tree, clearly a husk, or clearly burning. Without knowing what it was originally, I wouldn’t know what that shape was, but would believe it was shrouded in mist and clouds based on the coloring.

Information not present in the cinematic. In the cinematic what we do see is a smaller number of cooperating races being hunted down and killed by a large homogeneous group, but refusing to back down.

Should I take some time to explain how popular culture generally presents small groups of diverse underdogs as heroes, while large homogeneous groups are portrayed as threatening?

23 Likes

That was my favorite part.

8 Likes

Belfs have been asking for a belf in a cinematic for years, I’m happy they got their wish.

9 Likes

Oh please anyone invested in wow lore knows some of the most heroic and honorable characters are orc, troll and undead the greatest evils in wows history have been human and dwarf as for your druids and the moon are symbols of good you clearly know nothing of the lore as druids have been super evil and maybe read the story of elune and her two sons before claiming the moon is good

5 Likes

Demon bear ambushes and kills a group of couriers = lotr orc evil?
:yawning_face:

30 Likes

Yes it was really heroic how the five hordies were outnumbered by one night elf.

2 Likes

Malfurion Stormrage. That’s like watching Bruce Lee whoop three guys and go “Pfft couldn’t even beat up one 5’8 tall dude”. He basically just ganks some randos.

10 Likes

If Night Elves taught me anything, crying often and loudly will get me what I want.

Bad comparison.

Malfurion is closer to Dragonball Super Vegeta. The Horde are the farmers that Raditz kills in the beginning of DBZ.

4 Likes

besides that they got absolutely nothing even though people complained a lot and they won’t even be featured in the book that is supposed to conclude BfA.

12 Likes

What does any of that have to do with being outnumbered? Outclassed perhaps. Outnumbered, no.

Objectively? You are the on making a wild assumption of what you think people will see. We saw on the cinematic a green woman talking to a guy with glowing red eyes. Which later ends of fighting elves. Not exactly tradition good guys.

Your entire arguement is based on judging something by how it looks with little to no context. Like it or not Orcs/undead/trolls are bad guys in general in most stories.

Leave it to Roghter to take the Horde, who is occupying the land of a people they literally burned alive in mass, for the explicit purpose of raising said victims into undeath, and spin that into “Noble heroes standing defiantly against evil!”

This is how the holocaust happened, people.

11 Likes

The only line she got off was a cut off scream as Malfurion one shot her.

3 Likes

Don’t forget, she also asked “What is it?”

The absolute monster. Utter LOTR Orc levels of evil.

14 Likes