Horde controlled Darkshore

The Alliance literally has “Purge Squads” burning the Vulpera in Vol’dun because they’re tangentially related to the Horde.

Granted I think the name was changed a bit later, but it’s still just as cartoonishly evil.

2 Likes

Yeah, they stole evidence the Forsaken were researching Old Gods because they were terrified. Had to keep a lid on that and call your Horde meat shields in asap! Heaven forbid Humanity accept you and then ask you kindly to stop researching unspeakable evils.

Despoiler Squads now, which…actually sounds more evil

1 Like

I appreciate your concern, and i am not offended at all. I recognize I have a lot to learn about WoW lore, and will accept being called out when wrong. Honestly, I’m just frustrated by the way BFA’s story is going, and I’m trying to work that out by discussing the story with people on the internet. don’t worry, you’re not upsetting me at all.

That being said, I do think it is legitimate to invade another country if that country initiated the aggression with an invasion of their own. I would say the Alliance was justified in attacking Silverpine, and in expanding in Andorhal, because the Forsaken and the Horde initiated the war by invading Gilneas, Ashenvale, etc.

Don’t you guys constantly research unspeakable evils?

Come to think of it, doesn’t Netherblight Temple have an entire section devoted to borderline old god worship?

1 Like

not exactly, is void lord worship.

Yeah the story just keeps getting worse and worse. I wish we could go back to the time when the Alliance was described as sanctimonious because they didn’t condone dark magics like fel and shadow being used. Which was the motivation for the Forsaken and Blood Elves entering into their alliances of convenience. Now we welcome DKs, warlocks, void elves, the whole nine yards!

We need a reset. I hope the Bronze Dragons go Infinite and wipe this timeline out.

2 Likes

Gilneas at the time was a third party, unaffiliated nation. The Alliance may as well have gone to war over the Horde fighting the Centaur.

The Alliance also invaded before the Horde attacked Ashenvale in Cata.

Absolultey. The actions are absolutely not equal. But, the Alliance had already shown it had no problem attacking the Horde for imagined sleights, so the Horde was going to war to eliminate that threat. And the Nelves had already shown who’s side the they would take in that war. So, that made them eligible to be dealt with as if they were the closest threat in that war.

Keep in mind, the plan was to hold the city hostage, not to kill the children. The plan to burn the city didn’t come until Saurfang suddenly refused to kill the Nelves greatest living god champion. It’s a case of “Wow, that escalated quickly”

My mistake, I thought you were referring to something in Silverpine. My Apologies.

When have we attacked the Horde for “imagined slights?” Even in Stormheim, Greymane’s grievances against Sylvanas were anything but imagined.

1 Like

On the topic that was being brought up about the forsaken, this could just be another example of the problem, tbh. it is a common point in forsaken lore that the living humans will not ever accept them, but it is never actually demonstrated or shown, except by fringe groups. it starts to defeat its own point.

For whatever reason, they dont seem to want to show the alliance as having prejudiced or bigoted views towards horde races based on what they are, but that idea is pretty important in horde lore and stories. By not having it exist, it damages them.

1 Like

I don’t want to come off as an armchair politician, but to be candid I don’t think that is valid justification. There are rules in place with international wars(Some which we blatantly ignore depending on how much power we have, from time to time.) in real life about what we do and do not engage with. When the Forsaken went to war with Gilneas, the Alliance did not know the reasons for that war.

That reason is really important, you need to know why wars are happening and react appropriately. If you don’t know why you’re getting involved then it is…mostly…okay to defend a nation, maybe even secure some of the areas around for defense, but there are serious consequences to going full on invasion on another nation.

It’s not just Sylvanas’s vision that gives us knowledge that Varian was likely going to kill us all, anyone with eyes could tell. At that point you started a war with US, we did not start a war with YOU, and you are now taking this war to justify the mass slaughter of Forsaken people and the taking of their land. That’s really shady behavior, and a dark shade of grey at best.

The “abandoning the Alliance to die” bit.

Blame blizzard for focusing on Humans and assuming we all think Anduin is the neatest thing since sliced bread just because you play alliance.

I don’t relate to Stormwind, Anduin, or the precious moral high ground. Nor do I care for being assumed to be a hippie because Blizzard is trying to forget WC3 ever happened. Take a number, sweetheart. Because the alliance story has always had a human paladin’s slant.

1 Like

That wasn’t imagined. It was mistaken, but it was a perception born out of a somewhat reasonable interpretation of what had actually happened. And when did we attack for that? Genn wanted revenge against Sylvanas for invading his country, and murdering his son. That was his main motivation in Stormheim.

1 Like

I say this exact thing, like, a LOT. The Alliance DID get their nose into people’s business a lot back a decade ago but I legit can not think of a time after BC where it was overt as the Blood Elf starting zone. We used to be Team America levels of obnoxious, in a time when the faction conflict was more or less benign compared to now, no less. We could REALLY USE Team Alliance: World Police right now. It’d lend so much to what’s being asserted by the plot.

2 Likes

I’d say Cata was that in degrees, but the blow of it was dampened by the orcs being aggressive in Ashenvale. Varian was the embodiment of the Alliances World Police aspect, and unfortunately he kinda…exploded.

Which is why BfA has so much less weight, the actual threat to the Horde is currently a green pile of molten sludge.

When did the Alliance commit a “mass slaughter” of the Forsaken people?

if that’s the case, the Alliance put an man like that in power and gave him use of their military resources. The onus goes back to them because he is now part of the team. Everyone knew he was carrying his pre Alliance baggage into the Alliance. They empowered him to drag the Alliance into it.

Forsaken attack him > Alliance jumps to his side and says “We got his back”. The Alliance invited the war.