Horde controlled Darkshore

So on the PTR the Darkshore Zone flipped, and now we can see the Horde version of the area, I spent two hours taking notes.

• When a side wins Darkshore it seems a lot more lopsided then Arathi Highlands. The main force of each army is completely driven off land into the sea and their base sacked, Auberdine is torched in this case and the Night Elves are pushed onto the boats, the Horde base is actually built around the Dark Moonwell. Buildings are going to have unique models, as such they aren’t in yet. There’s Forsaken and Goblins ALL OVER the place, like hundreds, and the only pockets of resistance are Worgen in the mines and on a nearby island. There’s also some Night Elves who have secured a shrine far south and are trying to regrow the forest.

• The local wildlife is going crazy, Thistlebears are freaking out and just running around in circles. The moon appears to also be driving the local murlocs insane, at least a few of them have become mooncrazed.
    -There is a small force of Blackwood Furblogs trying to push the orcs out of their home, the Shatterspear completely dominate the north side of the shore. The goblins also have a aircraft carrier loaded with Hellions on the southern side of the island that’s battling with the remaining Gilnean saboteurs.

• The Forsaken are at this point not just harvesting the lumber, we were joking about the Blight being napalm on the discord but right now you could actually play Fortunate Son over what is happening. They HATE the forest and are actively going out of their way to kill it, apothecaries are dumpling blight on the trees through hoses and lobbing canisters. Not even at enemy targets, the woods itself, our World Boss is of course Ivus the Forest Lord. The goblins have actually gone crazy with power, unloading explosives everywhere and drenching everything in flames as if to add insult to injury. Shredders are being equipped with flamethrowers just to torch the woods while they hack it apart, gas balloons filled with bombs are dumping explosives randomly into the earth, sappers are strapping bombs to their backs and blowing everything up, goblins are sucking fuel out of the blazing strand to power their weapons and turrets with mini-flamethrowers are being planted in the ground.

In conclusion: DEATH TO THE SCOURGE, AND DEATH TO THE TREES.

27 Likes

Huh, not sure Night Elves needed to feel like the Horde is even more of a threat. But it does sound like the art department had a fun time here so, that’s something.

11 Likes

I can’t really say I’m surprised, although I do feel disappointed. Did we really need to quadruple down on pathos?

23 Likes

:neutral_face:

:rage:

:rage:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

/sigh…
MoRaLlY gReY…

32 Likes

It’s the unfortunate nature of Warfronts.

On the plus side, whenever we get to Lordaeron you can have Calia lightforge us or something until the expansion ends, and then we can just load up on booze and try to drink the pain away.

7 Likes

I guess I was just hoping, ever so slightly, that the Horde would stop being WC1 monsters. Even just a bit. Anytime, now.

Though now I do wonder what the perpetually lumber-obsessed Orcs have to say, now that the resources of Darkshore arw being outright blighted and burned.

30 Likes

I think that plot point got dropped the moment Blizzard changed rationalizations for the war.

So I guess we’re, accounting for the timeline, getting Orgrimmar’s lumber needs filled by Jade Forrest?

3 Likes

So when the alliance wins the warfront its the same darkshore we’ve been seeing so far right?

Or there will be phase when the horde forces are also pushed into the sea or something?

1 Like

Oh, this is definitely Saturday morning cartoon evil right there. We just need someone to twirl their moustache and laugh evilly.

14 Likes

/sigh…

Does it always have to be the scenic places? Are Orcs racist against Lordaeronian lumber, or something?

8 Likes

The gnomes also drilled some kind of machine control panel in the ground, they call it the buzzbox and there’s four of them.

They produce electrified robots that screech, it’s unpleasant.

2 Likes

Buzzboxes have been there since Cata. There were quests to take the remains of the local crabs and bear to them for analysis, to pinpoint the source of their corruption. (It was a satyr. Though, there was an unexplained Forsaken Apothecary in his cave.)

3 Likes

Bozzboxes have been there since Classic. They were communication devices back then.

6 Likes

The Horde wants you to destroy them for literally being there, since the Goblins see gnomish technology as an affront to…existence.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t remember much of Classic Kalimdor. The little bit I played, I levelled in the EK (even as a Night Elf), because that’s where my ex led me to believe the Alliance had to go.

what a bunch of drama queens

2 Likes

Boy, I can’t wait until 8.3 has the horde engaged in an Iraq war that spans several expansions.

2 Likes

Have we ever considered that the forsaken might be brain rotted a little too much now and it could be affecting their judgement.

9 Likes

Remember that time Orcs invaded the Night Elves for lumber? Blizzard doesn’t.

17 Likes

Aggramar would be so proud of us. The Horde truly has become the plant-killing machine it was meant to be.

27 Likes