Horde Civil War

Looking at some of the upcoming Baine scenario I can say that I’m getting a bit tired of “playing along” with the traitors. Narratively speaking there comes a time where a character “pretends” to be a traitor so long that the difference is irrelevant. While it might be more work to do separate quests for Loyalists, Rebels, and the Alliance in regards to scenarios, I feel like an explicit, dynamic separation between at least the Loyalist and Rebel versions of this quest are worth whatever additional resources are necessary.

Tl;dr: For good or ill it’s time for the Horde Civil War. Make us choose.

17 Likes

As much as I agree with it, there is no choice, not really. Alex said it himself, there will be a right side and a wrong side in this, and they won’t let us be the wrong side, not for real.

17 Likes

I’d like the option to stay out of the Horde’s internal disputes and let them grind themselves into oblivion while we watch from afar on a beach with some cold drinks. But dreams are dreams.

23 Likes

during the sylvanas raid she will tell all loyalist players “go ahead and play along with the traitors and kill me, its all apart of my plan”

34 Likes

“I will not let these fools take my life Champion. But I cannot defeat them in the field today…”

“Go and join their assault, witness the escape/false death I have planned, and then play along for the two-three expansions before I’m ready to come back.”

30 Likes

It’s disgusting how that sounds so spot on.

20 Likes

Sylvanas: “Nathanos… have you been telling people loyal to me to ‘play along’ and actually help those plotting against me?”

Nathanos: “Yes, its my brilliant covert stra-”

Sylvanas: “Stop it.”

Sylvanas: “… idiot.

16 Likes

Nathanos throws more onions at birds while Crawling in my Skin plays loudly in the back ground

20 Likes

Honestly, I’d be fine with this if they payed it off.

Imagine she comes back three years from now and everyone who chose the loyalist path gets a totally different experience.

I have a different idea: they stop writing the Horde into corners that force us to have a civil war or coup every other expansion.

28 Likes

I’m really excited to kill Garrosh 2.0 in this expansion that definitely isn’t MoP 2.0. Weeeeeeeee

1 Like

The Horde?

More like the Bored!

A~hah! :heart:

3 Likes

My idea was a pvp scenario between the two horde factions called “riots of orgrimmar” where we duke it out in the streets of orgrimmar, capturing the different valleys.

2 Likes

1 Like

Maybe with all that freetime you can see a barber about that monstrosity on the lower half of your face.

4 Likes

Take comfort in knowing the Orcs are probably gonna win the civil war this time.

It’s even stranger that their idea is to represent the horde as a family.

Oh no, I don’t. Sylvanas all the way baby. But only out of spite because she was a cool character that got done dirty, just like Garrosh. Forsaken and Orcs seem to have the same villain-batting problem.

I wonder why :thinking: couldn’t possibly be :thinking: because they aren’t pretty, vanilla fantasy races :thinking: :thinking: who exist almost exclusively in the narrative as either a Good One stereotype or a Bad One stereotype :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

17 Likes

So woke bro.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, you don’t know the half of it. The frothing never stops.

2 Likes