Horde already has 70% of the "active" player base

DISCLAIMER: This is not about what faction is the best, but more about how concerning is the game situation, since we’re losing so many players that one faction is becoming unplayable.

If you’re looking for anything closer to progressing through the game, then the Horde is the place where to go.

Right now, only 30% of the total amount of players who manage to get above 1800 in any Rated PVP bracket or at least 6/8M Mythic kills at Uldir, are Alliance players.

As the Alliance gets more close to their demise, we’re going to see the first casualty of this game, one of his factions actually dying.

Source: https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/

Here’s some images if you’re a bit lazy.

I can’t speak for anyone, but I found those numbers really disturbing.

98 Likes

As long as one person is left standing, the faction is not dead.

I’m still here.

48 Likes

If it’s any consolation I’ll probably be quitting soon.

51 Likes

I don’t know this site. How accurate is it compared to like WoWprogress and those other ones?

4 Likes

From the FAQ:

What is the goal of that website ?

The goal of that website is to provide you PvE & PvP statistics as you have never seen before.

Where do those stats come from ?

Those stats come from an exploration of the World of Warcraft Official website (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/).

Has this website any link with Blizzard Entertainment ?

No.

How often do you gather those data ?

Those stats are gathered about every day.

What character sheets do you analyze ?

Every players from EU, US realms, with :

• a 1800+ rating are analyzed (pvp)
  • at least 6 bosses killed in mythic mode (pve)

Source: https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/faq#global_stats

7 Likes

According to realm pop.
US servers are 50-50 when compare all characters.
This includes all 1 to 120 characters.
https://realmpop.com/us.html

You check out all 120 characters that figure drops to 45% but again you have no idea how many of these are actually played often and not just some Alt that sits there doing nothing.

8 Likes

Well, I was looking at some of their PvE numbers and it does look pretty grim.

7 Likes

I’m not talking about leveled characters here. I’m talking about people who are actively playing the game, doing all the PVE and PVP stuff this game has to offer.

That’s why the active word is under " quotes ".

35 Likes

I highly doubt its 50-50
I would say 20% of all players are blood elves atleast lol.

24 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me, not in the slightest.
Log-in a max level Alliance character and then a Horde one, just check the amount of groups in LFG and you will see how painful the difference is.

65 Likes

Best* players and *Active playerbase are not the same

It means you are ignoring every other player who isn’t trying to be the best and thereby making an ignorant claim :rofl:

31 Likes

Remember this based on competency levels and only one group. It does not reflect a large portion. The math can be good if done right. What I was reading and how they come about the numbers. I say it questionable due to limiting them to one rating. It might reflect that rating. Not later rating or brackets. Do to it not say what bracket or test pool.

This is not an should not be a political response. Just look at Trump and all pools said he was losing and he won. the reason why is not an exact science. It a guess based on samples. They take a small group a dose a formula to say it applies to all. It can be very accurate or inaccurate.
Looking at wow sight and pvp leader board I have some questions. As if it was 70/30 then the board should be heavy horde and it is not. Here an example: 59 alliance and 41 hordes. That date indicated 70 horde percentage. yet wow sight indicted 59% alliance. Just saying take it and learn. It can be accurate or not.

4 Likes

Both sources, Realm Pop and the World of Wargraphs show the same results for characters at 120.

H 54% / A 46%

But again, I’m not talking about players who’re 120 and have their accounts frozen.

4 Likes

I feel like this is really skewed. To say something about the top tier of players is fine. Which is what this is talking about. The “best” players in a certain field. I’m a 2300 player and a heroic raider. Which means I’m not included in that list of people. If I’m not included, many other people aren’t included either.

That said, we know from other websites the player base is much closer to being 50-50 based on numbers. So, this seems more doom-and-gloom than anything else.

9 Likes

They have other stats for other things. Have you looked at those and found something that didn’t follow the trend from the OP?

1 Like

It’s 55-45 at max level (actually think it shifted to 56-44 last I saw, can’t check now). But that doesn’t count active players, and I think it’s reasonable to believe more Alliance have quit than Horde.

12 Likes

Alliance out number horde by a tiny margin actually :rofl::rofl: , the majority just don’t give two copper about nerd points

5 Likes

source? I can guess what you are referencing because I already mentioned it.

1 Like

Also, all of those “even player base” arguments are based on characters, not players.

7 Likes

I dunno. I play both sides. And playing both sides, I see a lot more Alliance than I do Horde on both my toons. The problem is with sharding and all the other nonsense, we don’t know much anything concrete. Could be luck, could be bad juju. I don’t particularly care either way.

3 Likes