Horde 8.1.5 war campaign part 1

As if “English speaking culture” is all one thing.

First off I find it weird that sylvanas’s prison ship was not filled to the brim with pure loyalists. Second off it’s not like what she did with derek was any kind of secret. Third it’s still not the issue. The issue is that the forsaken are saying things that have a connection to them being complicit in evil actions because its just following orders.

The perception they are presenting is that forsaken soldiers are doing things they know are bad enough they have to give an excuse for supporting.

I don’t even think brainwashing derek is the worst thing she has done either. I am kinda surprised they didn’t have orcs saying this at teldrassil.

1 Like

“Me only fallowing orderz!” -Orc Grunt, as he pulls the lever on the unlimited range catapults.

Don’t you worry, I’m sure the Alliance will forgive the rest of the Horde before we’re forced to explain,

"The Quests forced me to, I don’t have control! I was only following the Quest Text!"

2 Likes

Or maybe they just mean that they are following orders by defending the ship and have no personal ill-will towards Baine, and they don’t want him to stomp them into oblivion with his gigantic totem.

Is this worse or better then orcs supporting Garrosh and his racewar?

That’s not the issue. It doesn’t really matter if they know derek is on the ship being brainwashed or if they are just trying to get baine to stop killing them. The issue is that they are portraying it to the player in a way that suggests otherwise.

If this is just an oversight then they need to change it. Because it looks like they are trying to portray people who side with sylvanas as pure evil.

bfa is the worst expansion

11 Likes

We are told that those aboard are loyal to the Warchief, as expected, she’s the got dangit Warchief. I’m not sure what you’re trying to squeeze out of them saying “I’m just following orders,” you can “just follow orders” and be loyal.

4 Likes

The thing is though, the PC didn’t actually have anything to do with Sylvanas’ trigger finger burning down the tree.

We’ve been constantly force fed the entire expansion so far the idea that the Horde sucks and we’ve lost our honor and don’t know what we stand for anymore.

The old Horde is dying along with Baine, slowly stripped out of the narrative.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to watch the entire video, and something just dawned on me. Baine has killed more Horde soldiers than the quillboar who were slaughtering his people left and right and Alliance soldiers who attacked TJ eventho it was a “legitimate military target” according to Baine.

7 Likes

I’m mostly baffled that this is the part of the BfA storyline where Baine actually decides to do anything. Not the leveling / questing zones - gotta make sure the map doesn’t fall off the table. Not any part of the war campaign. Not even helping in BoD in some capacity or another. Nope, gotta decide to help Jaina almost immediately after the raid where she assists in killing Rastakhan and makes a concerted effort to kill the Horde player in the process.

Putting the stuff with Sylvanas aside, why would anyone want to actually help Baine at this point in time?

8 Likes

Is it just me or is Baine now responsible for killing more Horde soldiers than Alliance ones?

11 Likes
  • For the simple fact that he’s anti Sylvanas, ignoring his pro Alliance, pro Anduin, pro Jaina agenda.

• He’s a pacifist

It can’t be because he represent the “Western” Horde because they are all about destroying the Alliance.

5 Likes

Figures he’d be a teamkiller
/votekick baine-bloodhoof
<reason: teamkilling>
like this post to vote yes

16 Likes

Mate, i was memeing. It was a twist on the “laughs in russian” thing.

And now the joke is dead :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh shizzle, you’re right! i was thinking, did he fight with us during BfL, no he ran off because Blightcaller wouldn’t tell him “the Warchief’s strategy”(and for good reason).

1 Like

Well, Nathanos sent him to Sylvanas to protect her, and he came out onto the field when she joined the battle as well.

Ah, he came back, so its possible that he was willing to dirty his hands by killing Alliance soldiers, but not confirmed?

Well… he tells us to retreat. I remember that part.
(actually he warstomps a footman to the ground when he calls for the retreat)

No no, he would never. Only non lethal blows. He even thew some tauren into the way of sylvanas’s arrows.