Horde 8.1.5 war campaign part 1

Opinions?

Oh this thread is going to be so much fun.

1 Like
8 Likes

im sorry…

2 Likes

Killing more loyal Horde soldiers to assist Baine out of all people betray the Horde, yeah that’s a nice dump on faction pride.

23 Likes

to be fair if you snitch on baine to nathanos, nathanos tells you to play along, even if it means killing loyalists

2 Likes

I would rather gut or capture Baine, but we know that’s out of the picture.

8 Likes

i mean, he still goes to jail, if you report on him, you can say that he goes to jail because of you (even though it happens anyways)

1 Like

Yeah AFTER we go on a loyal Horde soldier killing spree party. So much pride tho.

18 Likes

im sorry…

3 Likes

At least you’re a rogue who can non lethally sap people.

I didn’t like.

2 Likes

I’m getting a bad feeling the Alliance is going to rescue Baine and this expansion is heading towards the end of factions as we know them. (Sylvanas clearly did this in Stormsong so the Alliance would see it. Jaina might reciprocate Baine’s favor by saving him.)

From a gameplay perspective, it’d make sense. Blizzard doesn’t have large sub numbers, so allowing Horde and Alliance players to raid/arena together has real value.

But I love the faction conflict. I don’t want this expansion to end in more hand-holding.

Also, why would Sylvanas send Derek’s body out of Zandalar/Orgrimmar? Why bring him to enemy territory? Maybe he’s already corrupted and she wanted to get him back to Jaina in a way that seemed “oragnic,” so she gave Baine an opportunity to send him back to Jaina. Or maybe this is more “rule of cool, don’t think about it” from Blizzard.

7 Likes

the alliance believes baine is gonna die. i cant see her wasting man power for a dead man

What if Sylvanas keeps him alive to use as bait in a trap, in hopes of someone coming to rescue him?

They weren’t even loyal. They were literally “just following orders.”

-u-

Btw, Baine still killed less soldiers on that single ship than Sylvanas’ did blighting her own forces in Lordaeron. :rofl:

3 Likes

its possible, just as its possible zelling and baine are made into examples to keep the other leaders in line, lor’themar is getting cold feet and worries the horde is going on a ruinous path due to baines imprisonment

This is hardly the worst thing Sylvanas has asked us to do this expansion. What’s a few dead or battered soldiers if it means we have an excuse to remove Baine from the story for a few weeks so he stops hissing “dishonorable” at us?

It’s not like we aren’t going to help the Alliance murder a bunch of Horde soldiers later once we beg them to help us take down Sylvanas. Might as well get used to it now.

7 Likes

What, did you think there was going to be any faction pride for us to begin with?

10 Likes

Lol, I’m gonna let you think about what you just said.

We(as in the Horde player) directly killed more loyal soldiers this expansion than all the other expansions combined.

This feels more like Battle for the Horde than Battle for Azeroth, the Alliance feels like a minor issue.

20 Likes