Honor Your Legacy with New Forsaken and Night Elf Heritage Armor

It’s the version I plan on using too.

I will be very irate if it just rots in the game files like some of the alternate armor tints for allied races.

8 Likes

Or like the white cheetah form we were supposed to get! I’m still salty about that.

6 Likes

The true heritage armor for nelves should have been fixing jetpack shoulders

Anyone know what title night elves get?

The designs for both heritage sets are awesome. Some thoughts:

I do wish that the Night Elf set worked a little better with the warfront sets. Not a dealbreaker, but I generally have the same comment for any of the heritage sets where the race served as the inspiration for the associated warfront set. Just gives you more to work with.

I find it interesting that the two races are technically coded to the alternate faction, with Forsaken being a cool, blue and purple aesthetic and the main Night Elf set being maroon and gold. If we are to draw inspiration from the RTS, you would think that the Night Elf schema would have been green and purple with gold and the Forsaken violet, black and gold.

Looking at the cinematic, which is the inspiration of the Night Elf set, it seems like the schema is black (feathers), dark leather and silver - so I would assume a cool brown, but maybe even indigo. But the Forsaken is just a guy in rags, so not much to run with. I would have liked to have seen a black, indigo and silver version of the set, truth be told.

Again, not nitpicking, I just find it odd that these two racial factions’ color schemes are coded to the opposing faction, especially as the Night Elves are not narratively near a reconciliation point (nor should they be as long as Blizzard keeps trying to whitewash the narrative of the War of Thorns).

3 Likes

The maroon is actually accurate to the RTS

The colors are washed out in the cinematic but it does look like more of a brownish shade closer to the the heritage armor to me

and matches the armor they put in BFA to resemble it

9 Likes

Upright Forsaken or bust

3 Likes

So is there only 1 variation of the Night Elf Heritage Armor? If there were more variations I thought they would show it. The night elf heritage armor is the only one I’m interested in and it looks awesome.

3 Likes

omg

night elves got it MADE!

that sets looks awesome. cannot wait to use it.

night elves getting the last laugh though. so our tree got burned look at what undead got for heritage armor LOL.

Can we add a straight spine option in the mix?

10 Likes

Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever.

11 Likes

the communication with the player base has been similar to pre Shadowlands…We’re providing TONS of feedback and there’s a Community Council being ignored.
PTR

Council

Can we get some Animators/Devs time and a brief response?

Community Managers you can just provide some info why this kind of customization is not ready, there’s a problem with the player model compared to NPCs using upright models, It’ll required more time to do some spell/attack animations…etc

The silence when there’s multiple threads for years about a specific issue/request is a common problem with this game

11 Likes

nobody who plays forsaken wants this

1 Like

THIS!!! They legit ignore it lol

1 Like

Somehow, i feel that the BfA armor is more faithful toward the cinematic.

Even if the current NE HA is great, i fear that there is no variation unlike the Orc, human and Forsaken.

Another color was datamined and i would like to have this one for my DK:

Also it was datamined the spell for Traditionalist’s Kaldorei Blades and i see nothing about them.

The Forsaken HA will get two tabards as additional items and has variations.

If the Night elves have nothing more than this single set and not even the alternate color, i would find it insulting toward the NE community.

Think about it: The Orc HA has variations, the human and Forsaken ones too.
But not the Night elves?

i hope that there will be more at the release.

17 Likes

Where is the silver/blue variation? The maroon one is kinda boring and ugly. We also need purple and green colors and moonglaives please.

11 Likes

Question: do you have to complete the Return to Lordaeron quest as a Forsaken to do the heritage quest?

Because that seems…unnecessarily long if you also gotta do the whole Shadowlands crap again…

1 Like

Please call us The Forsaken and stop referring to us as undead. Technically speaking, all things living are undead. This stereotype leaves a bad taste in our rotting mouths.

And Forsaken druids please and thank you!

6 Likes

Yes you do.

uuuuuugggghhhh.

Guess I won’t be getting their heritage armor any time soon. I do not want to do the Shadowlands questline again.