Honor System should be released in Phase 1

Nice alt…

You act as though the honor system and gear can be mutually exclusive… The answer is no… they can’t. You’re getting into remastering vanilla territory.

1 Like

This is not practical. The rank rewards must be in the game at the same time as the honor system.

Every player loses 20% of their rank points every Tuesday reset. Rank 8+ is where it becomes competitive, you need to earn enough honor that week to place in the next bracket to have any chance of seeing the next rank.

While you may only need 100k honor for the week to reach rank 8, you may need 200k to reach rank 9, 400k to reach rank 10, 600k to reach rank 11. Beyond that you need to be in the top 20 players for your faction to advance 11-12, then top 5 12-13 and top 1 or 2 for 14.

There are some variables there like server size and what the top honor earners are actually getting each week.

There is no point in doing that much work for rewards you can’t buy because you can only buy them while you are that rank.

2 Likes

To be fair, it wasn’t hard to find. :stuck_out_tongue: Unless they unpinned it again…

The Blue PVP set is actually comparable to T2 for PvP.

I can say this with confidence because I know that the PVP sets have the primary and secondary stats you actually need for killing other players.

The T2 and T1 items both have a good portion of their stat allocation given to +Resist, this reduces the output potential of these items in favor of raid damage reduction.

People love to point out T3 armor as the be all end all of PVP gear, but it’s not. The T3 is good for healers, but only healers and mages / locks… Hunters and rogues were given attack power in place of AGI on most of the parts. Because of this Hunters / rogues are missing the AGI they need for suitability in PVP.

T3 for warriors is built for tanks, and does not suit PVP use either, nor does the T3 armor set work out for Shadow priests, Paladin’s who don’t heal, and Elemental / enhancement shaman, balance druids or feral druids.

When I am talking about T3 armor however I am specifically talking about Tier 3 armor, not offset Naxx items or Naxx weapons. This is a totally different category, and should be excluded for the sake of this discussion, because weapons and offset items that are crazy good can be found in all raids.

So unless you’re a healer, warlock or a mage, the AQ set or the R14 set is the best possible solution for your PVP needs.

If you cant get into AQ40, or a Rank 14 capable group then your next best solution in Blue PVP set or BWL.

1 Like

BLUE POST!

Honor System in Content Patch 2
Battle Grounds in Content Patch 3

Just like Vanilla.

2 Likes

Look at who was right here <----

Phase 2 is going to be an interesting period, with an honor system and honor rewards but no BGs. Throw in DHKs, and you’ll see a rise in roaming gank squads that will refuse to go anywhere near faction hubs to avoid tagging civilian npcs.

STV will become a war zone in the truest sense.

2 Likes

So you got to maybe rank 10 overall. I asked what you were at during T1. You indicated the pvp gear was both easy to get and subpar. It was neither. I get that you feel strongly about your opinions and that you are going to believe you are right no matter what. Unfortunately, you just arent.

Don’t need to be R11 depending on the class however.

Druid has a rank 3 reward that’s like halfway up their tanking BIS - beating out gear from instances and raids.

It takes some serious time unless you are part of a rank 14 group that is dedicated to getting there. Solo play, for example, will take quite a while.

You mean me? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes u too!

Patch 1.4.0 was a hectic month or two. So its authentic.

It’s been many years for me to remember this, but does anyone know if patch 1.12 was the one where they made all PVP weapons available to people? I recall a patch rolling out just before BC where higher ranks could buy the rank 14 weapons (but you didn’t need to be Grand Marshal or High Warlord).

No. That was the TBC prepatch.

I remember it fondly because the gear was so, so cheap honor wise and it carried me through a good portion of TBC.

1 Like

This set up is perfect. We all get time to practice before the competition kicks off.

2 Likes

Ok, yeah I think you’re right. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Oh woah, looks like the content release schedule for pvp ended up being the same thing I been saying.

Phase 2 PvP
Phase 3 WSG/AV
Phase 4 AB

Woah, its like I used logic to rationalize this and blizzard official said the same.

Shocker.

Sorry, Blizzard officially announced your idea was bad.

I agree 100%! Phase 1 is going to be the only time when world pvp is being done completely for the enjoyment of world pvp. Not for gear or rank.

2 Likes