Honor system isn't defensible

Where were you when during the past 10 years, poll after poll and thread after thread showed overwhelming support for early AV? And no, a specific patch number is not needed. We made it abundantly clear what elements of early AV were missed and were essential to the experience and gameplay. Hell, they could call it AV 1.13.

For you to take blizzard’s seemingly lackadaisical decision and prance around with it with glee is what annoys people, but you know that. It is a sore spot that you are more than happy to stick your fingers in and annoy people. It has the same stench of another one of the L120 Druid superstars here on the forum.

Some people seem to want the most convenient version of Classic possible. They will hide behind “it was part of vanilla, therefore it MUST be part of Classic”, while they completely ignore the fact that the “less convenient” version was also part of vanilla.

Some people think that Blizzard adding loot trading gives them an excuse to pick and choose a version of the game that never existed. It doesn’t.

Blizzard has not said they are recreating a franken-Vanilla, they are recreating Vanilla as it stood in 2006 after the 1.12 patch.

Personally I think they should do the CP3 AV 1.5, CP6 AV1.12 version, but that’s not what people wanting 1.5 will accept.

Glad to see this troll thread is still alive and kicking.

Haven’t you heard “Don’t feed the trolls”? They’ll curse hex of weakness on you…

/popcorn

Some (most?) who fought for classic, long before loot trading was a twinkle in Ion’s eye, were perfectly fine if not welcoming of a frankenpatch of vanilla aspects. Do not imply that we only want frankenpatch as some sort of slippery slope.

They never said they weren’t frankenpatching. In fact the earlier Brack posts show that it was something that was being considered back prior to january 2018.

Also this part that flies in the face of your gleeful dance:

I think my starting place is, the compass heading should be to try to re-create the original 2004, 2005 experience.

So while yeah, they have forsaken for the moment the compass that Brack spoke of, it does not prevent them reconsidering things prior to release.

1 Like

I think the players interested in the game being older could potentially make it less brutal. Potentially.

In those final ranks you are competing for bracket spots. It might be that 650k honor gets you a bracket spot where in 2005 it was closer to 900k or more for example.

As for the most recent argument taking place in this thread. First of all, Blizzard has a history of stating boldly that something will not happen, then doing it. Second the game we are getting is a replica, and one Blizzard insisted they had no way to do.

We’re lucky to be getting it at all. From their point of view, a lot of Vanilla was bad. Players want to experience things that were dumb like 2k ambushes with a dagger that is solo farmable by a level 60. That’s weird, but okay. I’m just glad they didn’t dump the whole game on a few servers and say here ya go nerds.

Actually you did have some money in PVP with Alterac Valley 1.5 and turning in items.

I have to ask, what dagger is that? Just curious, as I never really went far on my rogue back then, but plan to make an alt rogue this time around.

Fact: PvP was secondary when Vanilla came out.

Instanced pvp and pvp rewards*

We’re fast running out of time to turn everything they’ve said on its head…

What J Allen Brack said back in at the start of 2018 to a reporter has proven to hold little weight. Ion and Brian are saying very different things, and all the stuff they’ve put out since then has held true to the 1.12 model.

Does that “decimate” your counter-argument enough?

Goal meet Reality, Reality Wins.

Who is asking for everything to be turned on it’s head?

Which no doubt brings you trollish joy, judging by your continual harping.

Who is Brian?

It decimates nothing. I posted actual quotes, while you’ve simply repeated the same nothingburger.

Don’t break an ankle dancing around.

As I said, IMO, those currently in charge seem to be making their decisions based upon trying to cater to those with a retail, convenience oriented mindset.

IMO, this is a mistake.

Uh… Brian Birmingham, the Lead Software Developer for the Classic team?

As I said earlier, some people seem to eantbthe most convenient version of Classic possible. Not surprisingly, many of these people are retail players.

1.12 is not catering for convenience. They chose a baseline they had complete content for. They’re attempting to make the most accurate representation of the system at the time they had accurate data for, instead of guessing.

1 Like

Barman Shanker.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12791/barman-shanker#comments
1 Like

Ahh, ok. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

1.12 most certainly is catering to convenience, IMO.

I am not surprised to see a retail player attempting to defend that choice, though.

This is your latest go-to isn’t it? 1.12 is now “Convenience” because every other argument you’ve presented as to why 1.5 is “better” has been destroyed by the fact that they said they’re providing 1.12 and they have consistently applied that logic to everything they’ve been doing.

Again, please provide any example where they’ve taken an element of Vanilla not in 1.12 which will be present after CP6. Your mailbox concept failed because you overextended what the 1hr cooldown for mail meant, and there’s no other examples anyone has even tried to use.

1 Like