Honor system isn't defensible

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

9 Likes

not broken, I know someone who did the grind, it worked as intended.

1 Like

The premise of the post is that its broken. Iā€™m not even claiming its broken or not, just the heā€™s arguing that Blizzard should ā€˜fix broken systemsā€™.

Stopped reading here because you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about

8 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying reading this thread. This is a bit of fun on an otherwise boring work day. Thanks guys. Classic is gonna be great.

13 Likes

Youā€™ve proven your ignorance in your second point. Good job :clap:

For most hybrid classes the epic PvP set is best in slot for the associated spec; at least for PvP and in some cases PvE as well.

Shadow Priest BiS: PvP set

Arms Warrior PvP BiS: PvP set

Feral Druid PvP BiS: PvP set

Enhancement Shaman PvP BiS: PvP set

Even some pure DPS classes might consider mixing in some of the epic PvP set with t3 to boost their stamina to the max.

Nope. Not going to happen. And we donā€™t need to defend it. Itā€™s how it was in vanilla and thatā€™s the only thing that matters.

Your complaints are irrelevant. Your ā€œundeniableā€ points are irrelevant.

:robot: You will be assimilated into the vanilla collective. Resistance is futile. :robot:

5 Likes

Im not sure I agree. If we are to look at PvP gearing system objectively as a whole, and compare it to PvE - itā€™s a whole lot inferior and unequal in terms of accessibility as well as the actual item slots covered.

Thatā€™s a completely unjstifiable viewpoint. Thereā€™s no reason why a person who has a job and social commitments, like family, should not be able to reach R14, provided they work hard enough.

PvE gear is unlimited as long as you have enough people to do Naxx. R14 weapons are limited to just one person per week per server.

Thatā€™s seems more of an argument for PvE gearing system than anything.

The fact is that itā€™s statistically likely to get a good weapon from PvE as long as you do it for long enough. However, is not statistically possible for more than 1 person to get Rank 14 per week, no matter how hard they try. I donā€™t think you understand just how limited PvP gearing is in compared to PvE.

In PvE, you can, and more than likely will have 11% of people doing BWL getting Askhandi doing BWL on the server on a weekly basis. However, you wonā€™t have more than 1 person reaching R14 in PvP per week ever, no matter how many people there are on the server, greatly limiting PvP gearing.

Whatā€™s more is that in terms of hours, PvP takes far more time and commitment than Naxx, all for a weapon that is still worse than Naxx epics. You can get a comparative PvE weapon much easily and much earlier than PvP, starting as early as BWL which everyone can steamroll.

I think you are making a bigger deal from PvP weapons than we have to. PvP weapons arenā€™t even that good, they are just needed to give a long-term motivation and goal for PvPā€™rs, as they are intended as an option to gear for PvPā€™rs ( = people who donā€™t PvE).

1 Like

Then raid and get PVE gear.

Only in the case of PVE, in PVP the PVP gear is better.

PVP trinket is only obtainable in PVP and is actually needed by some classes in PVE. I am not complaining about the requirement to get the PVP trinket.

Stop playing solo.

Play with a team, this is the design of the gameā€¦ This is no different than raiding Molten Core.

Who cares, itā€™s a pretigious item and should remain soā€¦ Does everyone have Ashkandi or Dark Edge of Insanity?

Blue PVP gear is equal to and better than T2 raid gear for PVP useā€¦ Think about that for a moment.

You can get Rank 14 by playing in a raid group and doing BGā€™s like youā€™re intended too.

Should I be able to solo Cā€™thun?

No I should not be able to solo Cā€™thun nor should I be able to solo my way to Rank 14.

Sorry.

2 Likes

To be fair, these specs wonā€™t be no where near serious raid guilds, so they only have PvP option and some scraps from alt runs

4 Likes

My impression was that top shelf pvp AND pve gear is more or less just as hard to get, you just have to make social connections in different ways to get them. Iā€™m kind of looking forward to possibly no-lifeing some PvP while my future wife is at work (Iā€™m on disability, so Iā€™ll have that time). Itā€™s a shame in retail the only thing that really rewards you based solely on hours put in without a time gate is leveling.

1 Like

I think weā€™ve successfully defended Vanilla PVP.

/thread

2 Likes

Sure, but theyā€™re also associated to builds that are suited for PvP. So to get PvP gear you PvP.

In vanilla builds that work for PvP and PvE well are few and far between. Even within the same tree youā€™ll have a PvP and PvE spec.

Wth? The high prestige items has always commanded a high time-investment and grouping up. This sounds like welfare epics. No thank you!

1 Like

I seem to remember BC had a pretty decent gearing system, anyone remember the details of that? My memory may be off since it was a long time ago and I was still a newb in those days, but I was able to get a full set just by casually doing BGs. Probably not BiS lol, but it was something? Anyone remember how it worked?

Its the rambling of a bitter person who wants something but doesnā€™t want to earn it so they complain about how it should be easier for them to get.

1 Like
3 Likes

MMORPGs as a genre have always been about time investment.

There are games out there where if you play enough youā€™re literally in god mode due to your gear.

Iā€™ll use your example of someone with a job and a family. They play 5 hours a day. They pvp. Why should they get better rewards than someone who plays double or triple them?

That makes zero sense in an MMORPG.

PVP gear was harder to get when pvp was ranked, pve geared people wrecked bgs. Once honor became a currency, rather than a metric for determining ladder position, pvp became welfare epics. The right answer would have been somewhere in between, but Classic is not supposed to be a time machine to let you go back and change the past. Itā€™s supposed to be a museum piece to let you go back and see the past.

1 Like

I think itā€™s more of a rant from someone who thinks it should be accessible to everyone, not that they donā€™t want to put in work, they just donā€™t have the ability to nolife to R14 and that shouldnā€™t hinder them.

Iā€™m not saying anything should change, just what I see here. I, for one, liked the ranking system, except for the cheating that was done to get to the top.