Honor System Decay Equation

If I could post pictures here, a fella named “tipsy” was standing one second week when the honor system was at 20% decay.

His previous RP was 11726, with decay 9380.8. His RP after reset was rank 6.485 which puts him at 20000 + .485*5000 = 22425. 22425 - 9380.8 = 13044.2

QED.

Yeah post a link to the picture cause you probably just made up those numbers. You can’t get over max RP.

i.imgur .com/MpjiMeh.png

You calculated decay wrong, or his addon told him a wrong value for his actual RP.

Anyway, multiple standing 1 players posted they all got 13000 RP week 1 before the change to double RP and decay.

The max possible progress is Rank 6.4762 week 2.

And again, I did not calculate anything wrong. I have provided the work above. I’m done arguing with mathematically inept individuals.

This is a simple decay application. At 20% decay →
F = 0.8(P). P = 11726, F = 9380.8

Like I said you earn more than 13K Rp, by a small margin.

the RP value was obtained directly from WoW’s LUA API.

He probably got his RP value from the addon which is wrong.

This is a simple decay application. At 20% decay →
F = 0.8(P). P = 11726, F = 9380.8

Like I said you earn more than 13K Rp, by a small margin.

the RP value was obtained directly from WoW’s LUA API.

Ok agree to disagree. You can’t get more than max honor, that is why it is called the max for the bracket.

You posted an image where someone wrote numbers at the bottom that can not be confirmed and expect people to believe it.

You can, I have.
If you understood the honor system you’d realise it’s a possibility. WoW doesn’t apply a ceiling factor to the RP, it’s MAX because of the linear relationship between standings, brackets, and the coefficient factor for each bracket.

Each bracket’s RP earned can be estimated using linear interpolation. Since honor and RP are linearly related. (can be rather, if you analyze data from the honor system and graph the honor vs RP gained you will notice a slight non-linear curve but you can curve-fit to estimate and it’s pretty accurate)

They don’t award more than the max for the bracket. It simply doesn’t happen.

It does, and it has. Keep on repeating yourself, however.

It doesn’t though…

I mean you were wrong about everything else in this thread so why would this be different.

• Didn’t know RP and decay were doubled
  • Claim it takes 5 weeks to R12 when it is 6
  • Claim you can’t get R12 in 3 weeks when you def can
  • Said people were wrong about the 1 week error, when they weren’t

I wasn’t wrong about anything. You made a claim to “brush up my maths”. But you didn’t know how to use the equation (LOL.)

You claim it’s 40% and double RP with absolutely no data.

I claimed you couldn’t get R12 in 3 weeks using the 10% decay.

Keep strawmanning, everyone reading this thread knows you’re an idiot.

It is double RP and decay. Wow head even posted it is. But you are some big ranking expert.

Then where’s the source? I’ve asked you for this multiple times.

There is a search function on this forum and google exists. Figure out the basics of how the system works before claiming you know it.

You were probably a D student in maths, weren’t ya?

You can easily derive it from blizzards post.

Passed Diff EQ with an A

Didn’t bother this is rudimentary mathematics. Anyone should be able to derive the summation of a decaying or exponential model.