Honor Rate Increase with Content Unlock -- Thur. Jan 27 at 3:00 p.m. PST

@Kaivax

Why do changes like this that severely impact player planning around gameplay time investment and decision making get announced with less than 24h warning? Why are the announcements so delayed that they retroactively affect current season/phase gear prices?

These are great changes that are completely marred by awful communication.

12 Likes

This is stupid…I just spent HOURS AND HOURS farming s3 off pieces and NOW you give casuals free gear??? Where’s my refund?? What a stupid time to do this.

4 Likes

Yup, there’s zero people running it right now, not fast queues. Totally.

Casuals won’t have S2 or 3 gear. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Based on the appetite for PvP and PvE, has there been any discussion about the introduction of dual talent specialization. Based on the gold required for respecing, it would cut down on the time people spend farming resources to participate in both content and PvP related material.

2 Likes

there are dozens of pugs clearing ssc/tk on my server weekly, plenty of these tokens go to offspec or minimum bid in a gdkp.
absolutely casuals will have access to very easy S2 sets, especially now t6 is available.

But are people gonna run gdkp T5 now that T6 is out? I doubt. It’s not as easy as you think. Gdkp groups move on.

Only one more thing is needed in this list:
Season 2 gear should be available for Honor rather than Season 1.

If you’re gonna give PvE players free Season 2 gear with T5 tokens, then it is only fair if you give PvP players a way to get Season 2 gear without wasting their arena points.
Either that or you make T5 tokens give Season 1 gear.

11 Likes

Thanks for listening again Blizzard!

You guys have really been knocking it out of the park recently.

We really appreciate it.

:blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

There will be a couple weeks pause while people prog T6 but there will absolutely still be T5 pugs. Plenty of P3 bis items still in those raids, attunements needed for alts ect.

T4 pugs still go very strongly here.

There will be A LOT of extra interest in T5 now that the tokens can be handed in for free S2 gear.

1 Like

yeah i did absolutely not make hundreds of gold running ZG gdkps back when naxx was out…
On tuesday and thursday groups move on, on offnights its alt runs and people will definitely run it all over specialy for pvp gear, buying it off new players that would actualy use it for pve

The vindicator halfmarks and the S1 no marks is a week late, and they shouldnt have introduced t5 tokens for s2. I would’ve been fine with t4 tokens for S1.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe S2 but not S3 which is the current gear. Still gotta arena for that.

Well I am talking about tbc and what I see is most groups ignore T4 unlike gruul so I would assume they doing the same but kt/vashj /fathomlord and maybe alar for obvious reasons but I can be wrong. Never done a gdkp.

And that’s the problem.

Another barrier to entry for new players, now they have to compete with PVPers for tokens as well.

Bad changes all around?

SURELY you’re kidding?

Honor gain was not even remotely fine. Even winning consistently, you could spend 5 hours PvPing and not have enough honor to buy an off-piece. Given their mentality behind these changes (which is that gear from other sources is vastly quicker to acquire and not in line with PvP when comparing time investment), these changes are incredibly QOL boosting.

I believe in working for your rewards, but people shouldn’t have to spend a hundred hours to get a full honor set. If you think this is going to reduce PvP participation, I think you’re wrong and it will have the opposite effect as the rewards are now much more obtainable.

1 Like

I think this will balance itself, new players will get a ‘free carry’ by T6 geared players seeking S2 tokens, they can soak everything else that drops.
I know I’ll be doing T5 content still in GDKPs purely for the cut from people buying these S2 tokens.

Thats why in wotlk its super quick to farm the gear lol. Sure it is rating gated (offpieces) but it’s entry level gear right now in tbc and its good that its been increased now as most reason is arena and not doing bgs all season ^^

Lemonfont is a very active funposter on these forums, just go take a look at post history.

I am a long time player and believe this is the first time I’ve felt the need to reply to one of these. I can appreciate the desire to lower the barrier of entry for pvp, especially on an alt or someone just picking up the game ,however I am appalled that Tier tokens can now be turned into arena gear. I do not enjoy pvp. In my 15 years playing the game I have never liked it. I adore raiding and have had some of my most fun playing the game these past few months in TBC. I play protection warrior and arena gear has proven to be a key element in our gearing. In order to improve my pve performance I spent weeks grinding arena points so I can play the part of the game I like at the highest level. I did not enjoy this grind. I did not have fun doing this grind. This change feels like a massive f you to myself and others like me. Maybe I am just being dramatic but up to today I felt I earned my glad set through a grind i did not enjoy and that set me apart from others. Tomorrow anyone can accomplish what took me months of grinding in one or two raids. I implore you to reconsider allowing tier tokens to be exchanged for glad gear.

4 Likes