Honor Rate Increase with Content Unlock -- Thur. Jan 27 at 3:00 p.m. PST

There’s no fair time to do it - I too grinded all s1 main set / weaps and vindicator’s offpieces in the last few weeks but am still happy with the changes for new players

9 Likes

No, it isn’t. They’re increasing the rate at which you may receive honor, and they outlined the various ways.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

yeah thank god i just bought a vindicator piece about an hour ago

2 Likes

This hurts particularily bad as they’re also increasing the honor award for the ‘for great honor’ mark hand ins…so we not only lose current marks but also future honor gains.

weeks of pre-grind for S3 gear has been punished, feels bad man.

2 Likes

Good news: it’ll now be easier to gear an alt.

8 Likes

these changes seem to cater to alt / new PVPers. It’s good change

Thank Bill Gate :x

9 Likes

I really like these changes and agree it helps alts/new players but they shouldn’t be reducing the cost on current season gear 1 week after it’s released and purchased for full price by mains.

Yes there was. They could have announced and implemented this at the end of the arena season before everyone spent all their marks/points and arena point rollover. It would have been fair to everyone, the people that farmed and the people that would be wanting in with a lower barrier of entry. Doing this after reset and all those points spent only punished the people that farmed for weeks or months

3 Likes

Atleast pve players (tanks mostly) dont need to spend too much time for the offpieces in content they dont like doing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

as oppose to zero people running it instead

2 Likes

youre definitely right, but it was obvious everyone interested in pvp would be farming like crazy and spending points, no warning was given, no speculation, nothing, 9 days into season 3… like me and my partners did over 400 games in season 2, i turned in hundreds of marks, and bought for 60k honor worth of gear, and now its worth half of that .

im all for getting more players into pvp but its a solid slap in the face, not even 2 weeks after a reset, i couldve got my WHOLE vindicator set and battlemaster trinket and season 2 weapons from arena points would i have know 9 days ago this was gonna happen

now im 3/5 s2 and guess what, i just passed on tier 5 tokens to offspec on alts

6 Likes

Honestly good changes. Better late than never, good job.

1 Like

I literally farmed 100k honor to buy S1 helm and pants + all the season 3 offpieces. Why was this put in a week after the gear was released?

2 Likes

stay salty then. This is a really good change. This makes me want to pvp.

5 Likes

You need to look at each season in a complete bubble. If you have S2 gear during S2 then you’re stronger than most people.
Giving people ‘free’ S2 during S3 closes the gap but it doesn’t give any advantage, annoying to S2 vets yes but I wouldn’t class it as punishing or ripping them.

However, the cost reduction on Vindicator items 1 week after they are available is really dumb. They’re current season items that got purchased for full price by people like you and me who pre-grinded for weeks to be able to buy them early. This particular change really feels terrible.

Overall, I am a big fan of these changes, I just wish they were announced before the new season start. As usual, blizzards communication is their biggest failure and smears poop over good changes.

9 Likes

I agree with this now that I think about it. The token change is decent but this would be better imo.

1 Like

Ye. About 10 hours ago, we did a SSC run, the LM vendored all the unwanted tokens :frowning: I understand that feeling. BUt we should be happy that PVP scene is more alive thanks to the change. I also bought S2 with conquest. I should have gone for the weapon :frowning:

So did I. Still, making honor gear more accessible is good for the game. I’m usually #nochanges but am ok with this.

4 Likes

I understand the frustration of people who did the grind, and it does suck. Can’t tell the future. It is still a good thing Blizzard is doing this.

6 Likes

Good thing i farmed a bunch of honor and marks for glad weapons prior to this… I’m sure we’ll get refunds too.

1 Like