Honor cap from rank 13 to 14 is 419000 not 500000

419k honor is the amount required for 1667 CP in rank 13. Takes 5k CP from 13-14. 500k at any other lower rank increases progression by multiple brackets.

It’s just the way they designed it. I’m not saying it’s not poorly designed - mathematically they can’t just arbitrarily make the CP amount required equal 500k honor.

Heck, even look at the blue post, we’re not even clear if rank 14 requires 60k or 65k CP. the SAME post has two different numbers.

The calculators are based on what the real time numbers are telling us.

We can sit here and argue all we want about intent, but the numbers don’t lie.

If 419k honor gives the same amount of contribution as 500k while rank 13 - then the cap is 419k not 500k as stated by blizzard.

That sounds like a bug / unintended, I’m not sure what you’re trying to justify or explain.

1 Like

Sounds like they just need to fix/decrease the CP factors for rank 13 then to make 500k be the cap.
please don’t shoot me.

They could just remove the minimum and force 500k or nothing for rank 13-14.

1 Like

Yup, people just don’t read the blue post, the CP conversion factors are clearly spelled out.

Don’t claim it’s unintended, we don’t have an answer on that. Does it seem wonky? Yeah.

But no matter how you spin it, 81k honor doesn’t get you close to the next break point.

Well since its not possible to get 250K honor past Thursday seems fair to me! there is way more important fixes needed that need to be addressed before this. the fact you can leave a match and still get all the honor from the match before its over needs to be fixed before this that way people just don’t play for the first 5 min of a game dip and then since the ques are 15+ min just wait there for the next game pretty much. Thats 1,000,000x more important!!!

I personally wouldn’t have designed it that way. But R13 requires 3 consecutive weeks which the other ranks don’t. R12 only requires 2. All other ranks can be done in a single week’s push.

So, there is a world where the devs accounted for the significantly higher 3 week time commitment by allowing for less honor per week.

I wouldn’t have done it that way and I still lean towards unintended consequence of a poorly designed system, but it IS possible this is what they wanted and are fine with it.

1 Like

Yes, I am sure you can rock up with a fresh 60, and then in 9 weeks acquire better gear than R12-14 gear. Very likely. >.>

If you’re talking about pulling out your credit card, then sure, you can buy your way to a Gressil on a fresh 60 if you’re that kind of scum that needs instant gratification to be able to function.

Can be done in 2 if you hit the cap for all 8 weeks.

i.imgur .com/Eme03mR.png

I think that could be considered 3 weeks in the sense that:

• week 1 rank 12.6 - 13.3
  • week 2 rank 13.3 - 13.6
  • week 3 rank 13.6 - 14

That’s kinda how it went for my rogue but I was like 12.7 and it brought me to 13.33

Ya. I guess it’s how you view it.

Yeah, but you have to be above the correct breakpoint in R12 to achieve this and it requires 500k in that week, followed by two 419k weeks. So it’s not as clear cut as simply “two weeks of 419k at R13”. Regardless, It’s good that you posted; hopefully, this gets the attention of Blizzard. It’d be nice to get some communication about whether this 419k cap at R13 is intended, unintended etc. So we know 100%.

They kinda slighshot the rank 12 into 13, because whether you are rank 12.7+ or 13.0 it ends up about the same at 13.33

Edit: It seems like below rank 12 60% you will end up at lower than rank 13 33% but above that it is basically the same as being rank 13 0%

Question for those familiar with the old system, if you got CP equal to your rank of the previous week (the equivalent of getting minimum honour to not decay in this system) did you make progress or did you simply not decay?

I would say that might influence whether its intended or a bug, but that’s just postulation

https://jakeswork.github.io/ranker/

You can play around with it

Bracket 14 was generally very hard to get only top few players on the server would get (if they are stacking)

Edit: from rank 0 if someone were to get bracket 14 every week (lots of people would be very angry at you) it took 12 weeks total, with 4 brutal weeks spent from 13 - 14

“harder” != take less time

Can we still get R15 for City Prorector title or does that no longer come to us in this version.

More time actually.

This isn’t actually true i hope some of you didnt stop at 419k and miss your rank

It is confirmed to be true unfortunately. I was telling my guild the same thing. GO FOR 500K JUST IN CASE BLIZZARD CHANGES THIS MID-WEEK.

It is 100% true though.