Honor calculations

i gained 50k honor is this a visual bug or is everything messed up now?

Anyone else just gain a stupid amount of honor? over 100k just showed up in my display…blizz better hope their promises that this is a visual bug are true bc if the brackets are out of whack they will have a riot on their hands

No, this job will not affect any of the results in previous weeks.

The steps to fully resolve an issue like this are:

1. Identify the source of the problem
  2. Stop it from getting worse
  3. Determine the scope of the damage done
  4. Repair the damage if possible.

While we’re at step 4 for this week’s data, we’re really at step 2 for the problem at large (repairing this week’s summaries keep the problem at large from getting worse).

While we’ve seen anecdotal reports of lost honor, it’s only now that we know the source of the problem that we can identify how widespread the damage from it was, and that investigation is still ongoing.

I want to thank everybody that provided constructive feedback, and detailed information that helped us identify the issue here.

1 Like

I just gained way more honor than I actually got this week. This fix is bugged and way too much honor is being given out, possibly the honor from the last weeks or the honor is being duplicated and added multiple times.

Can you just remove estimated honor and actually show the amount of honor you get after each kill? And also add the amount of honor you have earned today after every kill.

I don’t understand why we have to use these addons to track our diminishing returns on honor throughout the day, when private servers were able to do this and make it a lot more transparent for everyone.

2 Likes

Can we have a post when you have finished this process so those of us repeatedly logging in and out will know when we can stop doing that? :smiley:

Well that really stinks losing about a 1/4th of my total honor gains for the first two weeks all while being told the kills were still “accounted for”.

But thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, we do have the kills logged (for previous weeks as well).

What I said is that this action doesn’t affect previous weeks’ results, and we’re still investigating the scope of the damage, now that the cause has been identified.

2 Likes

Waaaay too much honor is being added. Looks like previous weeks are getting lumped in or an error in calculation/refund.

To clarify for Vallentine and Ed, we’re not asking about changing the previous weeks results in terms of RP or Position on ladder, but about whether or not Honor that went into the ether from previous weeks is being added to this week’s total, as that is what it feel like to us.

Ah okay, my apologies I mistook that as you guys were only looking past weeks 1 and 2!

There may be hope after all!

People have gained 20k-100k honor added to their this week tab. This is horrendous if true for this week because it breaks the standings.

This is horrible to be implemented on a Monday.

1 Like

The honor amounts we’re getting now are MASSIVELY inflated.

People that avg 150k honor per week are over 190k when they took days off.

Damn by the sounds of things they could do with more time off the GAME

Just relogged again and gained another 35,000 honor. Hotfix is a hotbreak

Most of those same people are over 210k now.

Has to be something with calculating last weeks/other previous weeks honor for this week right?

That would be too easy

Is this something that has been done multiple times? I understand that the daily tab is going to get cleared but when I logged in at 5pm server, my daily tab was reset from all the kills I got that day and my weekly honor display added what I can assume is a large portion of what I was missing. But when I relogged 15 minutes later after getting a few more kills, my daily tally was wiped AGAIN and my weekly honor added more than what I had gotten in those 15 minutes.
If this is all just a display issue stemming from the attempted fixes to the large issue than I understand but is this something that is going to be fixed for Tuesday and following weeks? Once people start getting closer toward r13, these display issues will be very frustrating for people that are trying to finish their push.

The “This week” showed 0 Honor and 0 Kills
Then, after reset, it became 5800 Honor and 1900 Kills.

The server time was UTC +1, and I never played after 11 PM.

Please stop this. I just got ~100k honor since the fix.

There is no way I got 100,000 honor in the few broken hours of this honor week.

I’m sorry, but something is wrong.