Honeyback Harvester Still Faction Locked

Thank you for proving my points for me.

So wait, if I made zandalari and belf pallies, it’d count as having 6 pally mounts and not just the two racial ones each could use?

Was that supposed to mean something? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You quoted me telling you that you’re getting worse with insults, then quote yourself where you insulted me (thereby proving that you know you’re insulting people)… and then quote yourself saying something that doesn’t even apply.

???

4 Likes

Why can’t the Alliance just have something nice for them for once?

7 Likes

No those old class specific mounts count as two but there is a pally specific mount from the trial of the crusader dailies. As of right now technically I could also have an alliance warlock or DK and do the same thing since I do not have that pally specific mount but from what I can recall as of right now Pally has the most in total.

1 Like

They do. I got one of the mount achievs because I logged onto my pally. They also have four Legion class mounts.

Ah, yeah, I was just pointing out that at least on the warcraft mounts list, the Alliance is a bit bigger because they have more pally races, and if you adjust for that prior to this patch it was basically even or +1 horde on the faction specific mounts.

I think it’s a bit unfair that the bee is alliance only. Not game changing, but still…

Luckily those add to the total regardless of what character you are on.

Yeah you have to take out mounts that would be race specific for the pally ones since they overlap. I think the Bee mount elevates the Alliance higher by 1 now.

I kinda wanna see what a tauren looks like on one, and hopefully they’ll release more mounts that aren’t as locked down as this. But the important thing is that they make more of the actual hippo mounts as opposed to whatever the river beasts are.

They’re Pally specific. That seems weird.

All the Legion class mounts add to the overall total, this is the only time I have seen this happen but it is why I unlocked all the class mounts in Legion.

Huh. Interesting.

Can you stop spamming this nonsense as your response to every thread like this.

Bam, your argument instantly becomes invalid.

The Hyena and Bloodfeaster, both “unique” Horde skins. Have recolors available to the Alliance.

Kua’fon and Child of Torcali, Horde questlines, usable by the Alliance once earned.

Big difference.

If we can’t use the bee, fine. Restrict Kua’fon and Child of Torcali to Horde only, even though those are just reskins that have existed since Pandaria.

All the Alliance complaints literally can be summed up as “It’s okay for Horde to get unique models as long as Alliance has access to them via recolors or reskins. But it’s not okay for Alliance to have unique models and Horde want the same treatment.”

7 Likes

don’t forget Kua’fon is a recolor of the meta mount from ToT and how many direhorn mounts are out there for both sides.

1 Like

https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9fv4tk/im_world_of_warcraft_game_director_ion/e5zwapk/?context=3

When we make a new expansion, we look at the broader ecologies of the new zones and identify which creatures would make cool mounts. However, at the start of recent expansions before flying can be earned, we also avoid giving out mount models that really work best when flying. As it turned out, the Horde bestiary had a lot more ground-based models which led to the first wave of rep mounts being skewed. But we plan on rectifying that as the expansion unfolds. Speaking of which, that Bee is pretty wonderful, isn’t it?

sounds like it’s intended to be alliance only.

8 Likes

Yep. But Alliance still like to claim ignorance on that.

Pterodactyl’s have multiple models available to Alliance, as do Direhorn’s. Have since Pandaria. Meanwhile, our only two unique mounts this expansion have recolors available to the Alliance. Regardless if they are too stubborn or lazy to go get them or buy them. They are available.

Alliance are whooping the Horde’s butt when it comes to having access to mounts and unique models. The PvP Hippo(100% unique), whilst Horde got a Clefthoof or Kodo or something(reskin). Now, this bee. Of course, it’s literally obtained by a questline mixed with rep(so basically Kua’fon, minus having to grind 3283773 Pterodactyl’s to actually get the egg to start the questline).

Quoting myself because it basically sums everything up perfectly.

3 Likes

Have to agree here.

My two dino-mounts are available for my alliance spy to use and yet the bee will be for his use, only.

The process on obtaining all of these mounts is the same.

Seems odd for the bee to be exclusive UNLESS it was a character-specific mount. Then I’d be like, “Okay, yeah. That makes sense. My troll befriended ku’fan. Only he can mount him.”

But that’s not how it works.

It’s not a bug but it IS a very strange setup for, “working as intended.”

3 Likes

The only positive that can come from the bee staying Alliance only is that the derpy Horde bias threads can be easily bulldozed for at least two expansions now.

Other than that, the bee being faction locked is utter tosh.

3 Likes

Oh, I can’t believe that. The people who make those threads will tell you that Vanilla was horde biased. I’m half expecting someone to tell us how the alliance getting multiple completely unique mounts is proof of the Horde Bias.

2 Likes