Holy Power, is anyone for it?

I’m very for Holy Power, specifically for Holy Paladins, I feel the spec has never been fun since they removed it. I do think all specializations should have it, as much as Ret mains disagree, it’s just a good way to keep all specializations as a class.

Though when I look at most of the player driven feedback a lot of negativity towards it is practically entirely Ret Paladins that just want to go back to the face-roll days of Wotlk, and knowing Blizzard I can’t say I’d trust them to make Ret not just a scuffed Arms warrior at the end of the day if they did make that change.

Still though, even if all the Retribution Paladins in the world don’t want Holy Power, I want it myself for Holy Paladins because the play-style, I feel, is much more enjoyable than we’ve had in the last two expansions.

2 Likes

I played paladin with holy power, I played paladin without holy power. I think it has been done well both ways.

I actually do disagree with the re-implementation of holy power but only for the reason that since its not strictly necessary it is extra work Blizzard designers are making for themselves, again.
I’d rather they focus on improving the designs they already have, since they dont feel done.

Standard Blizzard reinvent the wheel mindset, but they’ve degenerated to the point where they dont even finish with the first wheel before trying to start over.

2 Likes

rogue combo points are great!

… when there’s also energy to manage.

but combo points on paladins does not feel good.

2 Likes

I could disagree with “when there’s energy to manage”, as it depends on how they implement the combo points to work, since you could have other things to manage just as important as managing energy (one might say we could have to manage mana, but mana has not been an issue for awhile).

To me holy power does not have the kind of depth even that the more shallow rogue combo point abilities have. If the abilities had some variation to them it might be different, since right now you just use your ability at the holy power cost. Now if you had two or three different holy power costs, which had different affects an so could have different usage potential that would make it much more interesting having combo points on paladins.

Here is something interesting that could lead to more of a interesting back and forth over holy power. How about we translate over the holy power spenders into true combo point spender concept that has a variety of effect between how many points you spend on the ability to activate it. Like consecrate, exorcism, and even seals being holy power spender. What do you all think they could have for variety of effects at different holy power point totals?

2 Likes

At least this looks like they’re done trying to work on the forth wheel and going back to work on the second one.

1 Like