Holy Power, is anyone for it?

I have to say I am in a complete disagreement with switching over holy/prot to builder spender as I remember how crappy it used to be on ret when it first started.

We have so many builder spenders can we please leave these alone. I literally skipped 2 expansions when they did this to my main class.

6 Likes

I’m for it (Mainspec prot). I like the thematics of it, and the gameplay always felt better to me. This was the change I was hoping for!

against holy power in general. if i wanted combo points id play a rogue. hence why im posting as a DH

8 Likes

I despise holy power and might be benching my paladin again like I did in Cata. There’s quite literally no reason to add this mechanic in other then to make the class feel like it has more buttons to push. More buttons =/= more fun. Add more abilities so those buttons we press actually mean something.

4 Likes

I’m not really sure, I mean, it wasn’t really useful but not completely useless, as Hpaladin you could still cast powerful heals without mana, because Word of Glory only worked with HoPo but I don’t really remember it fondly.

For Prot was… Sigh :man_facepalming:t4:

Why couldn’t just get rid of it and bring back the WoTLk Ret Paladin…

2 Likes

I think it could be done right but I don’t think blizzard will.

A lot of good ideas, but it seems like the general consensus is at least “No for Holy”.

2 Likes

Then I want to be on record saying to take me out of that consensus. I was more excited about my paladin yesterday than I have been for a while and so we’re the other 2 paladins I talked to in game.

1 Like

I don’t mind it at all for Ret, don’t like for Prot, and absolutely hate it for Holy.

I main Prot, and I’m generally pretty happy with how Prot has been the past two expansions. While I’m open to the idea of reintroducing holy power for Prot… it definitely was not a change I was looking to happen in Shadowlands.

I definitely prefer the BC, WotLK, Legion, and BfA style of Prot Paladin over the Cata/MoP/WoD style. If I wanted a combo point system I’d play Rogue.

2 Likes

Yeah but you’ll just flip flopping to whatever class tickles your fancy, like most people here who want holy power gone.

1 Like

Presumptuous, stupid and irrelevant.

5 Likes

Its not, because it doesn’t matter what happens to the paladin. You’ll just play something else if it doesn’t work out for you. But for players like me who strictly play a paladin only, we’ll have to live with it.

1 Like

Man your post is the weirdest mix of martyrdom and snobbery. I think it’s safe to say that everyone who cares to post here has some affection for the class so to treat it as if it’s just a wash unless one passes some arbitrary allegiance threshold to the class is bizarre and not productive.

But for players like me who strictly play a paladin only, we’ll have to live with it.

Sounds like a you problem - if you can even call it that. I legit don’t even know how to respond to this.

5 Likes

Yeah, for Prot, not too big of a fan since you had to build Holy power to use SotR and couldn’t use it right off the bat. I rather like Prot pally the way it is right now, just make HotP base and Bulwark of Light as a talent.

I’m not against it. I remember back in Cata, when WoG and Holy Power became baseline for Holy, it felt really strong. I was mainly doing PvP back then, but I really enjoyed it. I wouldn’t really mind seeing it make a come back as WoG may be an instant cast of Holy rather than a cast like it is for Ret.

Holy Power on Prot, however, sounds miserable.

For Prot I’m hoping we get increased armor to compensate. The game has changed drastically since the last time HP was on all paladins. Mythic + as it currently plays is going to be a nightmare on certain affixes and mob types.

1 Like

Very much FOR Holy Power for Retribution.

Cataclysm sucked, but Ret was a mess before Holy Power added structure. Keep it.

The overall model of Ret was been good since Mists. It’s had a few bumps (Legion mastery and blessing of might were bad, but both got scrapped quick), but overall, our model is solid. I agree with the voices saying Empyrean Power should be baseline (since it should always be chosen), and especially that auto-attacks should proc it (it’s a gap filler).

Otherwise, Ret doesn’t need a lot. It has a solid niche of survivability, strong baseline AoE, and good Single target with CDs. That’s the model by which Ret is at it’s strongest (7.0, DI and Crusade made us arguably the best melee in the game).

Mobility is supposed to be a weakness, and something you have to play around (Engineering Rocket Boots, Speed-sets before they got banned, Shooting Divine Storm with Ashbringer, the lists goes on) . As long as the strengths are actually strong, we’re in a good spot. Not much change needed.

4 Likes

Hmm not really, unless you just ignore everyone who disagrees with you there doesn’t seem to be any consensus. A lot of players, like myself really liked the MOP version of Holy Paladin with HP and Eternal Flame.

From reading the comments there’s no consensus, some players like it and some don’t, doesn’t seem to be an overwhelming majority on either side.

2 Likes

Prot and Holy nope. For ret, its fine, or I’m so accustomed to it now, It doesn’t matter.

1 Like

What? Wrath ret spec was 2nd to none the best melee dps spec in game, with icc set divine storm procs we were walking blenders.

4 Likes