Holy Pally Still DPS' like a wet noodle after TWW prepatch

According to sites like u.gg, average DPS of Hpal is still 33%ish behind. Even with LS in Beta, this doesn’t become much better.

1 Like

Prevoker is still doing at least 2x HPal dps at 80, tuning is still definitely all over the place.

More damage is required for hpal, it’s really bad rn.

Light of dawn could become a dps ability since its so bad healing and no one uses it anyway.

A new dps spell who requires a two-handed to be used, could be Templar’s Verdict or something new who looks cool and fits the holy paladin theme.

And make denounce a baseline ability, there’s no reason for it to be a pvp talent.

And buff holy shock damage at least 15%.

1 Like

Buff it by 100% , it’s a GCD sacrificed for and, as well as a healing cd

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from The War Within Beta Development Notes:

Upcoming beta patch notes, I pruned all non-dps-related changes. I don’t know how these changes compare to other current healers, but numbers-wise there are some very significant flat damage buffs, with the tradeoff being fading light/seal of order buffing much less.

• Shield of the Righteous damage increased by 25%. It menas denounce is also buffed or nah? Since blessing of dawn got a huge nerf if denounce remains unbuffed (considering buffing SotR does not increase denounce damage) it will become pretty weak.

I’m a huge fan of moving power away from passives.

However, I’m wary of the DPS increases. Without any further tuning, Avenging Crusader will be meta for both Herald and Lightsmith.

AC is clunky as hell and goes against all the design elements of the spec so far (holy shock and spenders). It doesn’t interact with our tier set either.

We’re in a very unique position where buffs to DPS is an indirect buff to AC and it needs to be turned accordingly.

2 Likes

Yeah bro, i was waiting for some holy shock damage buffs and maybe make denounce baseline or a non-pvp talent. The veneration buff was nice tho, but the blessing of dawn nerf was a bit too much

Well yeah but that’s just a matter of tunning Avenging Crusader’s numbers, once damage is where they want it to be then it should be pretty simple to just change a couple of coeffients there.

That said I’m not sure if those buffs are enough to make AC meta, seem like pretty signifficant buffs but AC was pretty weak to and not worth taking not even as Lightsmith, so idk maybe, in any case it would still be just a matter of tunning AC itself.

They need to change consecration for holy pally. Either remove it or make it larger and provide some healing.

1 Like

Would love Consecration to be passive with a talent or something (for example, removed breaking dawn).

Passive Jade wind rush and healing rain for MW and Rshammy worked great so far. Well, at least there’s also the Righteous Judgement buff.

1 Like

It can provide some healing over time if talented (usually need a raid group with low to moderate movement to take advantage of it)

Edit: I like them increasing the chance to drop a consecration from 30% to 50% when judging with the talent. Having double consecrations up is significant

Sad but true

2 Likes

Over 24wipes on mythic sark, LoD only did 6% of my healing, it’s such a worthless aoe healing ability, and Im not convinced buffing it is right, it’s just such a bad spell

But I want a more affective replacement, or AOE is falling short

1 Like

Yeah maybe rework the old holy radiance as a spender.

What is that one? I don’t remember

It was back in cata pre holy power. It would heal everyone around you like current priest halo. It did less healing the further players were from you and more the closer they were. Idk I think making something like that a spender rather than a cone would be better for aoe healing.

1 Like

One of the biggest issues with LoD is that it’s a stupid cone and it’s abysmal range.

Nobody wastes 2 talent points to make it useful, and the incredibly high likelihood you’ll miss some people is always there…because it’s a bloody cone.

Like with Divine Steed being an absolute mess requiring 3 talents to be worth it, LoD is just a terrible spell that only gets brought up to bad spell when you waste 2 talent points to increase it’s range. And just like Divine Steed, Blizzard absolutely refuses to budge on it.

1 Like

What’s wrong with divine steed? I like it lol. Actually I wish they brought back the ability to make it a tank ability again. I used to love that as prot.

1. It’s a talented active movement ability that doesn’t really stop or prevent you from still being slowed after its use.
  2. Without the additional talents, its a 3 second duration 45 second cooldown. Which is insane considering the fantasy they keep trying to push for Paladins is that they are the mounted Calvery.
  3. Then it costs 2 talent points to make bump it up to just a bad ability, increasing it’s duration, giving it a second charge. You are still not immune to CCs and Slow Effects and you still have to manually move towards a target.

I’ve seen it compared to say, Death’s Advance. Death’s Advance is also on 45 second cooldown and is only 35% movement. However;

1. It’s a baseline ability, with a 10 second duration, cannot be slowed below 100% during activation, and it passively prevents you from going below 70%, and it protects you from forced movement and knockbacks.
  2. It requires 2 additional talents that makes an already good ability better by adding the second charge and increasing the initial speed boost by another 25%.

When you compare the two abilities, the only benefit of Divine Steed is that it’s faster. Aside from that, it’s a functionally worse spell in every conceivable way that also forces us to use 2 additional talents to STILL be a terrible spell in every conceivable way.

People wouldn’t hate Divine Steed if it was just a better spell baseline. Cut the movement speed but increase the baseline duration and add that it breaks CC or something like that and it would actually be a decent spell. Because right now it’s only benefit is that it looks nice.

1 Like