Holy Pally Still DPS' like a wet noodle after TWW prepatch

What is that one? I don’t remember

It was back in cata pre holy power. It would heal everyone around you like current priest halo. It did less healing the further players were from you and more the closer they were. Idk I think making something like that a spender rather than a cone would be better for aoe healing.

1 Like

One of the biggest issues with LoD is that it’s a stupid cone and it’s abysmal range.

Nobody wastes 2 talent points to make it useful, and the incredibly high likelihood you’ll miss some people is always there…because it’s a bloody cone.

Like with Divine Steed being an absolute mess requiring 3 talents to be worth it, LoD is just a terrible spell that only gets brought up to bad spell when you waste 2 talent points to increase it’s range. And just like Divine Steed, Blizzard absolutely refuses to budge on it.

1 Like

What’s wrong with divine steed? I like it lol. Actually I wish they brought back the ability to make it a tank ability again. I used to love that as prot.

1. It’s a talented active movement ability that doesn’t really stop or prevent you from still being slowed after its use.
  2. Without the additional talents, its a 3 second duration 45 second cooldown. Which is insane considering the fantasy they keep trying to push for Paladins is that they are the mounted Calvery.
  3. Then it costs 2 talent points to make bump it up to just a bad ability, increasing it’s duration, giving it a second charge. You are still not immune to CCs and Slow Effects and you still have to manually move towards a target.

I’ve seen it compared to say, Death’s Advance. Death’s Advance is also on 45 second cooldown and is only 35% movement. However;

1. It’s a baseline ability, with a 10 second duration, cannot be slowed below 100% during activation, and it passively prevents you from going below 70%, and it protects you from forced movement and knockbacks.
  2. It requires 2 additional talents that makes an already good ability better by adding the second charge and increasing the initial speed boost by another 25%.

When you compare the two abilities, the only benefit of Divine Steed is that it’s faster. Aside from that, it’s a functionally worse spell in every conceivable way that also forces us to use 2 additional talents to STILL be a terrible spell in every conceivable way.

People wouldn’t hate Divine Steed if it was just a better spell baseline. Cut the movement speed but increase the baseline duration and add that it breaks CC or something like that and it would actually be a decent spell. Because right now it’s only benefit is that it looks nice.

1 Like

Fistweavers are gross.
Evokers are gross.

I ain’t worried about NO DPS. I can level up in ret, FIX MY DANG HEALS. FIX MY OOM ISSUES.

Good, because they’ve nerfed it even more, now h pal do no dps