Holy Paladin Wish List for TWW

Light of the Martyr as a Spell

Reinstate LotM as a spell. Buff LotM by 50 to 100%. Reduce its mana cost by 50%.

Crusader’s Might - Crusader Strike reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1.5 seconds.

LotM reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by .5 seconds.

Untempered Dedication - LotM retains the full benefit of Mastery: Lightbringer regardless of distance to target.

Mastery: Lightbringer increases your damage based on proximity to the target.

Maraad’s Dying Breath - Divine Storm increases your next LotM by 10% for each ally healed and allows that LotM to heal through your Beacons.

LotM increases the damage of your next Judgment by 50% of the damage it dealt to you, stacking up to 10% of your maximum health.

Holy Light as a Product of Infusion of Light

Remove Holy Light as a spell. Infusion of Light transforms Flash of Light into Holy Light, reducing its mana cost and increasing the amount healed.

Tower of Radiance - Every other cast of LotM generates 1 Holy Power, Flash of Light generates 1 Holy Power, and Holy Light generates 2 Holy Power.

Light of Dawn a CD, Divine Storm for Radial AoE

Change Light of Dawn to a 30 second cooldown that generates 3 Holy Power, acting as a healing version of Wake of Ashes.

Replace Shield of the Righteous with Divine Storm.

Lightforged Blessing - Divine Storm heals you and up to 4 nearby allies by 2% of your maximum health.

Breaking Dawn - Increase the range of Light of Dawn to 40 yards.

If Lightforged Blessing is known, increase the range of its effect to 40 yards.

Miscellaneous

Become the Light - You ascend to the heavens and strike down at your target as a bolt of Light. Targeting an enemy will deal X Holy damage and radiate Y healing to 5 allies within 30 yrds. Targeting an ally will heal for X and radiate Y Holy damage to 5 enemies within 30 yrds. (Merge Holy Prism with D3 Falling Sword.)

Crusader’s Judgment - Judgment has 2 charges and (Infusion of Light / Grand Crusader / Art of War) also reduces the cooldown of Judgment by 3 seconds.

Choice Node
Grace of the Justicar - Judgment heals up to 5 allies within 40 yrds of the target.

or

Indomitable Justice - Judgment deals up to X additional damage when your health percentage exceeds the target’s.

Faith’s Armor - While wielding a 2h weapon your armor is increased by 30%.

Your Holy Power spenders increase your armor by an additional 20% for 4.5 seconds.

Replace Obduracy with:

Pursuit of Justice - Your movement speed is increased by 5% for each Holy Power you have.

Rename Crusader’s Reprieve to Seal of Light.

Remove the Holy Power and Mana Cost of Avenging Crusader. Avenging Wrath has neither of these.

Seal of the Crusader - Your auto attacks heal a nearby ally for X and restore .5% of your maximum mana. Wielding a 2H weapon increases these effects by 33%.

2 Likes

I agree with most of your suggestions. I would have other more general things on my wish list like …

A Redesigned Capstone Section of The Spec Tree

Our capstone section is a little too locked in. With the new positioning of Reclamation you have to take Tyr’s. I don’t see how our capstones won’t be Tyr’s, Daybreak, Awakening (because of synergies with Hearld of the Sun) and then the remaining 2 points put into Infusions or something else depending on tuning and the build.

That’s really bad.

Power Taken Out of Dusk & Dawn

Having our spenders vary anywhere from +0-80% more powerful if you have Dawn + Consecration buff is terrible. Healing needs to be responsive and having 60% power variation with crits on top of that makes it near impossible to understand how much a WoG will do relative to your last WoG and your next. Having 60% variation also means the base spell needs to be tuned down overwise it would be a Lay on Hands kind of heal if it were fully juiced up.

Nerfing Dusk & Dawn might also have the effect of making the right-hand side of the class tree more appealing to certain hpal builds. Which is also a goal Blizzard should have.

Redesigned underutilized talents

Hpal have a number of talents on our tree that are completely dead on arrival. Power of the Silver Hand, Crusader’s Might, Relentless Inquisitor, LoTM (although this is already being reworked), Unending Light, Tirion’s Devotion (this was taken on some fights for mostly mana IIRC).

I think Blizzard should be constantly refreshing these unappealing talents across the entire game honestly.

Mana

HPal has a serious issue with Mana. Most healers can do their damage rotation completely for free or in a mana neutral way (they generate more passively than it would cost to cast the spell).

HPal go oom doing their damage rotation.

There are 2 key things that I think they need to do to fix that:

1. Holy Shock refunds mana when used on an enemy. Presovkers already have this so they clearly understood this is an issue for what is essentially the same sort of spell.
  2. SotR should return some mana. This is based on the understanding that it cost a lot of mana to generate the HoPO to cast that SotR.

Fix Blessed Focus Anti Synergies

This talent completely renders mandatory talents like Daybreak and Rising Sunlight completely useless. Daybreak, Rising Sunlight and Glorious Dawn all make having 8 Glimmers necessary to get the full benefit making the whole decision around 1, 3 or 8 glimmers not interesting at all.

4 Likes

A redesign of Blessed Focus should sort this out.

Blessed Focus - Your Glimmer of Light can no longer affect multiple targets and instead stacks on a single target up to 5 times. Casting Holy Shock on a new target transfers the stack to the new target.

Adjust Glimmer of Light so that it’s total damage and healing is increased by 4% for each active Glimmer instead of how many targets are affected.

Illumination would still have the stronger synergy with Daybreak and Glorious Dawn, but the difference would be much more reasonable and the loss for picking Blessed Focus would be a fair trade for the focused healing and lack of management.

There’s not a single point here I dont agree with.

Specially if others issues like mana management are fixed. Change being reliant on Inflouresence of the Sunwell to mitigate the mana issue, and give an additional incentive for those who wants to play caster Hpal instead, while not penalizing melee Hpals that are not speccing into this.

Dusk and Dawn is a terrible talent, and makes balancing/making Spenders feel good harder for no reason. It has no place in its current iteration in Hpal. Either redesigned or replace it with something else for Hpal.

Also overflowing light. Even with S2 tier set, whats the point of a overhealing shield if its so minor of our overall thats basically unimpactful. Yeah its a passive, but its still a boring talent anyway. Barrier of Faith its better for the same niche. None of these taletns are ever, ever picked no matter what, with the exception of Overflowing light just because its a very small amount of free healing.

This is exactly the fix Holy shock needs. There are many instance when we wont dps because we are the only healer that needs mana to dps and has at the same time a broken mana management/regeneration. This is currently one of the most frustating aspects of the subclass since most healers dont even have to deal with these issues at all, and ties to our low dps overall, which, let me remind you, is around 30% below all the other healers atm in m+ at least.

Whoever put this talent in our tree was clueless abot the spec.

There’s still a couple more of things that could be fixed, be it Avenging Crusader playstyle (look at how much people love MW fistweaving) and our DPS, but DPS is mostly related to tuning.

1 Like

Another idea for LotM, albeit an unorthox approach:

Light of the Martyr - Sacrifice your own health to instantly heal an ally to full health. You take damage equal to 50% of the healing done. 6 second cooldown.
Replaces Lay on Hands.

This design would bypass poor tuning and would ensure the spell would be able to effectively move health bars at the cost of giving up Lay on Hands. The 50% backlash would serve to regulate basic usage well enough, but I felt a modest cd might be necessary to prevent the player from being able to spam the spell at no risk during Divine Shield.

I like the level of control the design would give the player, being able to choose whether to play it safe and only use the spell on relatively low risk targets or risk living up to the spell’s namesake by choosing to pull an ally back from the brink of death and then fighting to survive the next few crucial moments.

Another benefit is that this design allows LotM to accomplish everything it needs to do without the need of supporting talents, which would allow the spell to act as a stand alone talent that could be placed unintrusively on the tree for those interested.

I think being placed as a choice node with or as a replacement for Power of the Silver Hand would be ideal. This would also free up 3 talent slots on the right side of the tree for more conventional tools, such as increased damage, reduced mana consumption, or improved Auras.

no, they only need to add 1 and it is very dirty

[ILLUMINATED HEALING] - Mastery

Mastery: Illuminated Healing was the Mastery for Holy paladins, improved by the mastery secondary stat. It causes direct heals and their multistrikes cast by the paladins to also grant an absorb shield effect on the target.

If a paladin refreshes an existing copy of their own Illuminated Healing on a target, the new absorption amount will be added into the old absorption amount and the duration will be reset. The total absorption created can never exceed 1/3 of the casting paladin’s health.

or… make holy shock crit to regenerate mana again. DO IT!

1 Like

I want recalmation to be back where it was. Not locked behind Tyr’s deliverance. I hate it

2 Likes

I literally just want Avenging Crusader to be a viable playstyle. That’s it.

2 Likes

The more the season goes on, the more I think we really needs this changes be it for TWW or for S4 (extremely unlikely they even do even just plain numbers tuning this season).

This should be its own post and be somehow be pinned into this forum until they address it. For the time TWW comes, Hpal would have been almost 1 year in a poor, borderline broken state.

Blessed focus should remove glimmer entirely and transfer all that power back into holy shock itself.