Holy Paladin is a bad Design

In almost every mmo, Even the one we are currently playing ALL past expansions healers have been ranged including the paladin. Now in shadowlands we have some melee spam garbage build that takes 0 skill to heal with. I’ve never played a mmo where im playing a healer IN MELEE RANGE SPAMMING ABILTIES lol, It’s actually so bad. I’ve played FF, ESO, GW2 and all expansions on wow and I’ve never felt so bad playing a healer.

9 Likes

the Disciples of Khaine and Warrior Priests from Warhammer online.

Mistweaver monks, strongly so when they came out, and while its diminished now it’s still there as a playstyle.

11 Likes

Mistweaver monks definitely arent melee, and you listed 1 thing from 1 game that is dead. Thank you.

Yes they kinda are. The Fistweaving build is more then viable nowadays and Rising Mist is still the go to pick for Mythic + even if you’re just bobbing back and forth with RSK.

5 Likes

They are kinda not, lmao please show me a video of someone melee healing theyre ENTIRE ROTATION in retail… Please my 60 monk is waiting.

Clearly you’re not good on your Monk if you don’t know that Fistweaving with the ATOM leggo is probably the highest throughout for MW Monks right now.

Mistweavers have had some form of melee healing since they were introduced in MoP. They were practically built around it.

12 Likes

Clearly Don’t care because its at 210 ilvl and I dont touch it because MW monks are trash. GGWP

https://youtu.be/uWIgYrvRINE Mythic Huntsman

https://youtu.be/-2KxFaoJSkg Mytjic Artificer Xy’mox

Literally any mythic +footage will show monks melee dpsing as much as they can my dude.

5 Likes

You do not do your entire rotation Meleeing TO GET HEALS OUT, im watching the vid right now

Lol. So you get called out for not knowing your facts and respond with, “I don’t play that class anyways because it sucks.”

You’re either a troll or just really bad at this game. I’m hoping it’s the former, but I highly suspect it’s the latter.

8 Likes

Literally has casted multiple times and does hots, So if I melee attack while hotting with druids am I a melee healer? Lol

They are still meleeing to heal and maintain their hots on targets to reduce the amount. of direct healing they do. They are still meleeing to heal they’re just doing it in a different way. Hpally melee heals with a build/spend system. Mistweaver monks melee heal to maintain their hots and spot heal efficiently.

6 Likes

still bottom of healers, Glad mine is only at 210 its trash asf, Maybe ill bring my resto druid in and hot heal while I staff

How people want all the healers to be ranged? I’d rather they mix it up like this. Give me as many weird options as possible. Give me a ranged tank.

9 Likes

Hunter tank would be sick tbh

6 Likes

Mistweavers are flagged as melee for fights like Sludgefist, so they are in fact required to do the entire fight in melee range and even move with the melee stack, because they get chained to other melee.

Look, I agree that Holy barely wanting to use FoL or HL is weird, both compared to past iterations of the spec and compared to typical healing design. But the fact that different healing specs work in different ways is a good thing, and a significant fraction of paladins have always thought it was bad when Holy played like a pure caster.

I sympathize with someone who liked Paladin as it actually was for many years and now wants that back, and it would be nice if there was a more competitive way to build it as a ranged/caster approach. But there’s no inherent reason that healers should not be in or near melee range, and the fact you’ve never seen this before says more about which games you’ve played than about design principles.

6 Likes

No you know what would be GOOD? FOR EVERYONE? AND BUSINESS? is if we had choice… IF I wanna play ranged make a Viable good ranged build if i wanna play melee make a melee build but with current talent system goodluck

4 Likes

Yeah I mean it would be cool if I could play a healer that can tank, stealth, have a combat drop, can lust, have pets, and uses combo points. But that’s what classes are for.

3 Likes

Are you high? Just because something gives you choice doesn’t mean a class has to be specific to said choice, Look at path of exile… Isn’t it amazing how many choices you have. Terrible argument

Not an argument. Just my opinion. You seem upset. I think you made this thread just to fight with people.

7 Likes