Holy hell torghast sucks as frost

holy hell torghast sucks as frost.
these animas powers…who came up with them?
they bloody suck.
half of them are built around DND and DC ??? FOR FROST ?!?
Wtf is this garbage?

Sounds like you just got really bad luck.

There are 3 different powers that revolved around Death and Decay (if you are not playing NF). One is an epic power which you can only acquire one of. The other two are a common and uncommon. The common gives it a bigger radius and additional charges. It is really only any good if you get the Epic power combined with it. The Uncommon gives you haste while standing in DnD. I have never gotten more then 3 of ether the common or uncommon per run so I believe that is the max number you can get before you don’t see it for the rest of the run.

If you haven’t already make sure you have the Torghast Ve’nari upgrade that gives you a better change at high level powers.
Some of the best powers you can combine are the Crown of the Undertaker, Lich Robes, Bone Borrower, Exterminator, and the death coil gives your minions attack speed. DK has some not great powers but it also has some of the strongest regardless of spec or covenant.
Over all DK is one of the strongest specs in Torghast due to there bonkers power pool creating some of the strongest synergies among powers of any class. That doesn’t mean you can’t still have bad runs but compared to some classes like Hunters they are far better off.

Because anima powers werent created based on spec, they were created based on shared abilities.

Skull Bloomer didnt initially increase Frost Strike and Death Strike damage like it does now and was only Death Coil, something that is shared across all 3 specs.

Frost DK is insanely powerful in torghast.

There is some rng with powers but dark succor is enough to carry in it. Just make sure you track when you get a proc.

We are gods.

1 Like

Go blood and find a group you can take 2-3 groups at a time and just never die.

Unholy works better. Meshes better with the Lichborne Deathcoil spam, because of the Mastery.

Otherwise frost is OK, just no real good Frost Powers per say. I did all my Flawless runs of 12s with Frost though, solo.

If going for Flawless runs, going in groups is the worst idea. People are bad, get hit with a trap (there goes trapmaster) and then drain your score to 0 by dying to easy to dodge stuff.

Def not recommended without blood pressure medication.

The one that increases your strength and stamina by 50% is insanely strong. You can pair that with icecap and gg.

The ibf on interrupt and ibf does the dragon is a super strong combo too.

Epic though IIRC, dead in the water for no epic runs.

Other epic too, and that one isn’t exclusive to Frost. Add Tomes of swordplay to reduce the cooldown of Mind freeze to that one for hilarious results (in Twisting Corridors, 3 Sword plays + IBF on interrupt + Dragon = gg).

They added a mode where you can’t get epic powers? That’s super lame.

No, it’s just worth +10 points towards Flawless. If you’re in a habit of doing 220+ runs, you can probably take epic powers and go for 210 instead.

Oh…
Not sure what 220+ runs are.

I always got the flawless bonus floor once unlocked just by clearing everything and taking the best powers.

frost dk is much much better than frost mage for torghast haha

bad runs happen so you just gotta try again

you may even find a horseman

Haven’t done it in awhile, but Frost Chipper was the one that waaaaaay overshadowed everything else I did damage wise (about 90% or so) as enemy health kept creeping up, especially in Twisted Corridors. IBF Dragon, COI chaining together enemies, and IBF activation on a successful interrupt combo did tons of damage too.

Not sure what you mean.
I have run that place many times and yeah sometimes RNG is stingy but I still wreck the place. Frost is yummy in there.

I actually did Layer 8 in TC on release on sub 200 ilvl.

It’s uhm… a ride for sure. But Torghast for Dks are strong even though there are not a lot of anima powers that don’t synergize with your kit.

I certainly prefer Torghast on my DK (as any spec) vs. playing my Shadow Priest in there. Blek

They’re all lying, the best combination for Frost is just straight up better Unholy because it’s shadow damage

Just did my first flawless layer 12 (1/6) wings run as frost. I dunno, I liked it. Wasn’t too demanding even without epic powers. Though I think grabbing the epics might have given me a much better time bonus in retrospect.

1 Like

Look for the powers that make you a death coil machine gun during lichborne the one that makes your death gate summon one of the four horsemen, the one that makes urns runeforge your weapon with all the forges when you break them, haste, mastery, and tie one that causes frost damage to break off ten percent of mob health. I also grab superstrain