[Holiday] - Winter Veil Question

Just to clarify, does this event have the same mechanisms that were enacted for the previous holidays?

Aka, I have a much much better chance at getting the specialty items once per day per account, and a very low chance afterwards with any alt that I do the event on as well?

Edit: Additionally, is there any chance for Alliance/Horde players to get a portal or something to the Greench. While on Horde it’s not that bad, since you portal to Undercity, and fly a short distance, Use Dalaran Hearthstone, Use Org Portal done. The Alliance is just… Ugh. Go from Stormwind to Ironforge, Fly from Ironforge to Hillsbrad, either fly back or try the Dalaran portal way but either way you have to make your way back to Ironforge.

Are there any plans in the future to have this event be updated to be an instanced event? Or is there plans in works to provide portals?

7 Likes

I would also very much like to know if the Daily Quest Gift has a boosted drop rate for the first gift of the day. So +1 to your thread.

6 Likes

I’ve always wanted a proper dungeon for Winter Veil, with appropriate music and real boss mechanics. I don’t think we’ll get that, but at least this is the last Winter Veil without dynamic riding in the old world.
And I have the same question, but I doubt it if they didn’t announce it yet.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt if Blizzard moved the start of this holiday 1-2 weeks earlier in December. As someone who’s always away for Christmas, I only get a few days at the start to get any new additions for the year.

1 Like

I just really want to know if its worth me doing this events daily 14 times a day to try to get the drake armor look.

3 Likes

Even though I have 30+ or so alts who are eligible for the blue box I’m only doing it on 10 because it’s too much work getting to and from the Greench as well and it would literally take me all day from the moment I wake up to the time I go to bed to run them all.

On top of that its the real life holidays and my sister and her family will be visiting so I don’t want to be tied up doing some event that Blizz doesn’t give us statistics on before hand.

I really detest the no information that would literally be a make or break situation for some people. Read someone was doing all 60 alts a day and I can’t even imagine. (they haven’t gotten the armor drop yet by the looks of it)

7 Likes

I really hope we’ll get information about the drop rates before the event has ended.
Get a mage friend to portal you back to IF.