Holiday Mounts should be a guranteed drop

It is unacceptable that a limited event that should be participated in for fun has mounts you aren’t guaranteed to get and can take years of grinding to get. Just make them a guaranteed drop and get it over with.

Holidays should be updated regularly with new content each year. Not recycled year round because of extreme item rarity

27 Likes

No one would care about them then.

Like I don’t care about that tree mount.

Some rarity is ok, but if it’s more rare than a Glad mount, that’s an issue.

6 Likes

They will make this change right after I finally get the mounts I want, from years of grinding. That’s how things tend to go around here.

3 Likes

I agree holidays need updated yearly. I don’t agree with guaranteed drops.

I’d say higher droprate, but the cosmetic is replaced the next year and the old one goes on a vendor for currency. It gives everyone a chance to get it that way.

Also: Blizz is already looking into making changes to this for next year.

12 Likes

No one cares about it because it can’t fly. Even then I still see plenty of people using it

3 Likes

I don’t think they should be a guaranteed drop.

However, I think they should be about a 5% drop. That should be high enough of a drop rate that anyone who really wants them can get them in an easy while ensuring a healthier queue.

I mean holidays should be fun not frustrating.

4 Likes

Ok. No one cares about the Purple Hawkstrider from Org. rep.

Or the first gryphon you get on Ally for flying. Because everyone has it. That’s how the world works.

Why do you think a rare sportscar from 1987 is worth 10 times the amount of a new car from 2022 which will sell 300,000 in volume? Because people want it, it’s rare, it has extrinsic value.

Meaning to say that people who have a rare mount use it more than those other ones, and people who don’t have it, want it.

5 Likes

For OW’s seasonal events, new skins can be found in lootboxes or purchased for 3000 nerd points (I forget what the points are actually called) and then next year, the old skins are available for purchase for 1000 nerd points. I like that system because it allows the items to be somewhat exclusive (although technically available to all) for a year before it is more commonly seen.

I don’t know what WoW can do similarly, but I think it would be cool if they could pull something like that off.

4 Likes

From a game perspective, i would like other form of rare that comes from determinisitc challenges and effort that progress every attempt, not just extreme RNGs.

Just check other games like FFXIV and how this handle “rare” things and holiday events, a lot of players will comeback with fresh ideas asking for improvements, it’s a new era for WoW, we don’t need the philosophies from old devs that lead us to the current state of the game doing everything a chore, farming a mount = chore, farming player power = chore…

1 Like

Random drops from holiday bosses are a common thing in MMOs from my experience. Take out the drops, they remove the content. That’s why I like the idea of a higher droprate that moves to a vendor later.

But then again, I’d also like to see holiday bosses turn into full dungeons with new bosses that drop cosmetics and they need to add housing so the dungeons can drop decorations.

I’m asking a lot, though.

1 Like

You don’t need the mount. There is no content denied to you by not having it. Complaining you didn’t get something meant to be rare is just entitlement.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. however, if the thing you do is go and kill something, the only other thing you could be working towards is bad luck protection.

Or else you’re back in the Abom factory style or Paint color thing from Mechagon. I see your point and I would like that too, I just don’t know how it would work.

thank god you’re not a game designer

I like this idea. up the drop rate - 5-10%. put it on next year’s vendor. make the tokens persist and be BoA. let me send all my tokens to a bank alt to stuff in her bank until next year.

4 Likes

Because those are boring generic mounts. It has nothing to do with how common they are and everything to do with how they look.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Mkaem1/status/1461256374659264512?t=VocdEsogdX7BSgR7vw47aA&s=19

2 Likes

I feel like the mounts should be guaranteed drops after doing something challenging, perhaps a Mage Tower type scenario, or a very, very long quest chain. Something that shows the player who has the mount that they really, truly earned it and not just get super lucky.

1 Like

Nah, some of those mounts are pretty fantastic looking honestly. And some of the new mounts are absolutely atrocious. The Hawkstriders are particularly interesting, but I only use the white one because it’s a rare drop and the others aren’t.

I use 100 exalted rep mount a lot too, even though they are just a unicorn horse recolor thing, which sucks. But still, it’s one of the rarest I have, so I use it.

And you derailed the thread with it to get offended for no reason. No one was talking to you.

Nice bait.

Any reward should be designed taking on consideration a player that only plays 1 character, for a extreme RNG item to drop with only 14 attempts per year, when the minimum to maybe see 1 drop its 3333 attempts, you need 222 years doing it with 1 character.

Agreed, not necessarily guaranteed drop on most things, but a method that rewards effort would be nice; like some of the old rep farms where if you farmed enough NPC mobs in a day or two you could end up jumping a rep level in 24 hours. Optional pace content is never a bad thing.

2 Likes