Holding people accountable in 2019

“Idun ninja looted X, be careful if you decide to raid with them. Here are the screenshots.”

That is not harassment, thats a public service announcement.

4 Likes

If Blizzard won’t let you do it, somebody will let you do it elsewhere.

1 Like

This as well.

There will be Server/Realm Discords, and if you are on the naughty list, people will know it.

1 Like

You just justified ninja looting. This is why we have ninjas.

2 Likes

@ threads were commonplace on vanilla wow realm forums. Those are threads with the sole intention of calling someone out. If that’s against the rules now then trying to protect everyone’s feelings all of the time is way too high of a priority.

1 Like

BoEs are free roll, any high value BoE item if not reserved before hand is all need, regardless of who can use it.

I’m pretty sure if you just cuss someone out once in a while for being an ahole it’ll be ok. That was normal in Classic, and everyone was still around.

Snowflake culture wasn’t that big back then. Might still be same in terms of how blizzard handles it. They don’t want to over enforce games either, they know that most players are not overly sensitive wimps. Average gamer is not a SJW who cries into a pillow at night.

1 Like

Gotta love people who use those terms…

really identifies them as super intelligent people. /sarcasm

Why is it that the people who accuse others of being snowflakes are the ones most upset by what people are saying?

Also how did SJW become an insult? like fighting for justice for people is a bad thing? what kind of deranged sociopath do you have to be to think that someone who wants the world to be a good and fair place where no one has to be afraid is a bad thing?

3 Likes

Yeah yep.

Blizzards doesn’t want people to be defamed so forums it will most likely be not allowed.
Only work around is making a website for it but it will always encourage false reports if there isn’t enough proof, discords probably will be doing stuff like that.

Just calling yourself something doesn’t make you that something. There’s a group called “PETA” for example that kills animals left and right. They might consider it ethical to do so, I have no idea. But I disagree.

The name doesn’t always fit what the group or individuals in that group are actually doing.

Nearly all the people labeled "SJW"s by gamer boys do not self-identify as social justice warriors (which-- that term calls to mind the kind of person who would go out protesting in the streets, which is a tiny fraction of the population). Really, it’s become the silliest, saltiest pejorative that says a lot more about the people using the term than any of the people who have had the label slapped on them.

1 Like

They are? Not where I played. And not from my friend’s experience either.

Lol. Reserves.

1 Like

Oh man these were the days

The server I played on, any BoE high value item, pet, toy, mount, and what not were all need roll because then no one had to worry about the late roller who would need roll when everyone else greeded.

It probably varied from server to server for sure. Say if a BoE drops that only 1 person can use or needs, everyone else will greed. That was pretty much our definition of need before greed.

2 Likes

There were too many instances of people “needing” a piece of gear they could use but not actually using it and it winding up on the AH that put a stop to anything but everyone needing. Even with recipes. There were people who flat out admitted to keeping spare recipes in their inventory in case a rare recipe dropped so they could just learn the dummy recipe and sell the other recipe.

Being a ninja looter is the in-game equivalent of being a sexual predator. They should have to register as such prior to joining any future groups and stay at least 200 yards away from any dungeon entrance. I would also be ok with them wearing a scarlet letter of sorts.

I’m not upset at what people are saying. You are clearly misrepresenting or misunderstanding something. I don’t like being silenced. That’s as American as it gets, and we are in America. I don’t actually care what others say, I don’t silence anyone and expect no one to silence me. This is good old American culture of straight forward honesty, not overly coddled baby snowflake culture of little Ned Flanders’s who think word “poop” is offensive, who just sit around determining which gender neutral words are ok to say as to not offend a single cricket in the world.

SJW became a term for gullible foolish kids who think that “equal outcomes” are right. Their view of fairness is that lazy person who doesn’t work should make same as a hard working. I can tell you that even my friend who works at Blizzard doesn’t share that view. Those who contribute and produce more get paid more. SJW’s are usually clueless children who just want equal outcomes because all they know is living with mommy and daddy and everything is free.

I wasn’t talking anout you specifically more a generalization. But no this isnt America this is a forum owned and operated by a private company Free speech does not apply. Ironically another thing that is quite common people extolling the virtues of free speech who have no idea what it actually is. Even though the loudest proponents of free speech put the same rules and restrictions on speech on there own websites and forums.

I can’t really answer the second point without getting political which I don’t want to do on this forum, just know that what you said is a strawman and you should really look at the reality of what everyone does instead of what they say and how those actions actually result in, might open your eyes to some things.

Also to the point about gender neutral words, glad to know you are either ignorant or bigoted or both, if you actually believe that.

Dude you literally proving a point that modern generation calls everyone a “bigot” the moment they disagree with them. Back in the days you had to be a bigot to be called one. Today it’s just a synonym of “I don’t like what you are saying therefore you are a bigot”. Biggest annoyance to modern moderators that have a job/responsibility to moderate forums, is dealing with this.

Knock yourself out, I don’t care, I’m too old to care about being called anything. Just pointing it out to you.