Highmountain tauren ally quest scaling is broken

Got to level 40 on my first horde toon and have started doing the quests to unlock ally races. The Highmountain tauren quest scaling when you possess the various spirits is completely broken. You do tiny amounts damage and everything takes forever to kill, fortunately though with the first two spirits, you can’t die and can eventually kill everything. For Huln’s spirit though, it is impossible to kill a single necrodark defiler before it kills you, and when Huln reaches zero health, he kneels down and monsters reset.

9 Likes

Im having this issue right now as I type this, I’ve been fighting the Shadow of the Darkness for 10 mins.

Edit - Went back at lvl 52 and easily killed the Necrodark Defilers but still got 3 shotted by Necrogg.

Edit 2 - Level 60, managed to get him to 60%

3 Likes

Same issue here. Tried when I was high 40s, couldn’t kill the 10 mobs. Tried again at 58 and killed the mobs pretty easily, but can’t kill Necrogg the Darkspeaker.

Anyone tried this recently who is 70, or at least gotten some dragonflight armor?

2 Likes

Im going to go back again at 62 and see whats what.

2 Likes

Level 63 in mostly Dragonflight armor, still no chance of killing Necrogg…

1 Like

Yup found out the hard way myself about a week back or so. Seems to be a recent thing too in the past month. Been looking for other posts to leave a reply and hopefully push it up on someone’s to fix list.

Ok lads, went back at 65 and handled business. At 63 I had around 177k hp and at 65 it was 465k hp. He went down pretty easy at that point.

I’m experiencing this too. It’s very frustrating to need to gain 15 extra levels before I can do this quest.

2 Likes

Ran into this too - I noticed that in my instance, Huln isn’t holding a spear- like in past run throughs. Seems a lot of things got broken starting in April

I had to gang him down with 5 other people who happened to need quest too, hopefully this gets more visibility cause this quest is mandatory to unlock the Highmountain Tauren as Allied Race so hopefully it’s fixed quickly.

3 Likes

This is still bugged after the weekly reset. Impossible to do solo at or below 60.

1 Like

Also ran into this. I was doing 128 dmg while taking 12000.

1 Like

Been a lot of new players coming into New Player Chat to ask the Guides about why this is available at 40, but they’re getting 2-shot.
WoWhead comments show it’s a recent issue, likely tied to the latest patch. I hope it gets fixed soon so I don’t need to keep telling new players to come back to it at 70. It seems to dishearten them

1 Like

I ran into problems today with Huln’s War - The Arrival where you control Huln. Usually this is a fun quest where you just knock down demons left and right, but now they kill you easily and it’s really hard to kill them.

1 Like

This is still a problem I wish it wasn’t being ignored

1 Like

Confirm this one is still broken, working on unlocking allied HT to level some new builds for War Within and still bugged tried today level 56 and Necrog was unbeatable even with log off trick and switching to tank.

2 Likes

Same issue here

2 Likes

Howdy all, this is still a bug to this day. I am pretty bummed about it because I was hoping to lvl a HMT warlock for the MOP Remix.

2 Likes

how is this still broken ???

3 Likes

Ran into this issue yesterday. Can’t believe this quest has been busted for at least 4 months at this point, which sucks because Highmountain is the allied race I want most.

1 Like