High World MS low Home MS

I’m having the same problem…

So i tired using a free VPN service and ran a few bosses on Uldir LFR and it seem to fix my problem for the time being. I did not have any massive lagg besides the slightly higher MS from using a VPN. It seems its something around our location before it connects to the server thats causing the issue. I hope they can correct it quickly because I dont want to spend another 50dollars for a VPN on top of my 100dollars a month for my internet. to play a game thats already dreadful LOL

It’s very odd that only WoW has this issue. I can play any other game and have no connection issues, as well as stream movies or Twitch. This all started fairly recent for me to. Maybe 2 weeks ago… Hopefully it gets resolved because I can’t do anything in game really.

2 Likes

Mine started around thanksgiving night when we did a casual heroic clear. It really got bad started this past sunday.

I contacted Blizzard again and they are aware there is an issue. The response was, “there’s an issue with a hub in Dallas. So it is something that’s being worked on and we know about it and are working with them, but don’t have a timeframe for when it will be truly fixed =/”

Hey all,

I wanted to really clarify a few topics that I’m seeing come up in this and the other Level 3 associated thread.

Because this is occurring on a peering partner node, it won’t fall into any ISP’s internal network. Peering partners act as bridges between multiple ISPs and backbone owners to facilitate connections all over the place. Thats why we recommend speaking to a higher tier technician with your ISP to discuss the situation.

On our end, we’ve been actively gathering data and been in communication with several ISPs who are affected/hold contracts with Level 3. Because we don’t have an agreement with Level 3, we aren’t able to request an investigation without extensive data to demonstrate the need.

I know that this issue is having a major impact on everyone’s gameplay, and we want to see this resolved as much as you. We’ll continue working towards a resolution, but for the time being we still don’t have an estimate or indication of when this will be resolved. Thank you for your help on this, everyone.

-Lantrasau

4 Likes

I started having high world ms problems a few days ago. My isp is Cincinnati bell and they said the problem is not on their end and wont help me further.
I have high world ms 5000-10000 but only during raid combat. Low world, 5 man dungeons are fine. It is making it impossible for me to raid. I have tried the following: reset modem, change modems, change ethernet cables, delete addons, uninstall and reinstall the game, talk to my isp.
I cant even visit the forums unless i am on my phones network.
I’m desperate here. Is my only option to change ISPs? Please help.

1 Like

Use a VPN with selectable exit nodes. I use PIA, there may well be a better option I’ve just been using them for a long time. I think for new users they’re $50 for a year. It’s easy to set up, and my world ping has been holding steady at 60ms. Not what I’m used to, but completely playable.

Thanks for all the help. I hope you guys can get it to work.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this.

I’m with CableOne too like others I’m seeing(what a club…), and VPN is working for me too. Ranges between 60-90ms but seems way more stable at least.

1 Like

Well… can not raid… fine in the world… in a instance or raid… forget it
12k plus latency
But hey… can look at forums just fine…
Must be my end…

1 Like

Made sure all devices and O/S were current with patches. Restarted modem, router, and system. Works fine on OTHER games (you know PoE and those), but when you go into a Warfront or Raid, forget it. The latency gets exponentially worse about every 30 seconds or so, like there’s a loop or issue connecting with the instance server. On a 1 Gb connection with a SSD drive. As stated earlier, I have NO ISSUES with other games.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but:
bad ping caused by bad hopps/bad internet nodes/etc. can be resolved by changing your DNS. I typically use 3.: one provided automatically by my ISP (that is usually my worst connection). 2.: google DNS (8.8.8.8). 3.: cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1).
At first it seemed like a pain to change as you have to select your ethernet connection, choose properties, select the ipv4 item and once again select properties and then change to the DNS address that you want to try. You can google for the instructions. But once you have done it a few times it is really easy.
I also use a program to rese/wipe the old DNS table (I use minitoolbox) so the new one is used. some times when I have connection issues I just use minitoolbox to just reset the DNS without even changing DNS servers.
In my mind all this has the effect of changing the route of your internet traffic to the game servers. Well not always since it is certanly possible that the new DNS table will use the same bad hop as the old one but in that case I just try another DNS server.
Perhaps some one here could explaine this better. I’m not a computer guy.

I don’t see how changing your DNS will change how your traffic is routed by your ISP. DNS is simply just an domain lookup services that translates domain names to IP addresses.

Well its been lag-dallas.1 or whatever for my MTR tests and I’d hate to have to find another online game to play, because they all work perfectly.

I just bought BFA and two months subscription, now because of random bad connection that magically changed only for WoW, I’m out 100 dollars. Sigh.

1 Like

Same issues here, however my ISP is bluestream

blue stream here in florida here too, someone else on here too and we’re having problems. you are not alone

1 Like

Also Blue Stream South Florida. Same issues, plus see my recent thread about no shop/hearthstone access

1 Like

Good to see I’m not the only one having this problem, have any of you tried contacting them to see if this issue can be solved? I’m tired of having 3000+ world ping in instances

1 Like