High World MS low Home MS

I have constant high world MS everywhere i go. I ran a tracert and this is what i came up with:

Tracing route to 24.105.62.129 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms * 1 ms hitronhub.home [192.168.0.1]
2 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms 10.114.168.1
3 11 ms 9 ms 11 ms 192.168.21.161
4 23 ms 22 ms 22 ms 10.224.252.221
5 2609 ms 1600 ms 1098 ms lag-133.ear1.Dallas1.Level3. net [4.31.141.81]
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms BLIZZARD-EN.ear3.Dallas1.Level3. net [4.15.45.54]
8 45 ms 49 ms 44 ms ae1-br01-eqda6.as57976. net [137.221.74.33]
9 46 ms 45 ms 46 ms et-0-0-4-br01-eqch2.as57976. net [137.221.65.38]
10 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms be1-pe02-eqch2.as57976. net [137.221.69.69]
11 47 ms 44 ms 43 ms 24.105.62.129

Trace complete.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

5 2609 ms 1600 ms 1098 ms lag-133.ear1.Dallas1.Level3. net [4.31.141.81]

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen issues with this hop lately. You’ll want to contact your isp and let them know.

Also, based on the timeout on your home network, you may have some internal issues. Have you rebooted your modem lately?

Sorry to butt in here, but I seem to be having a bit of latency with this same hop on and off lately too. What exactly do those of us having this problem say to our ISP about this issue? To make it clear to them that something on their end needs to be looked into that is.

Attempt to get to a level 2 tech, let them know there are some latency and dropped packets (or whatever your results show) at this hop, give them the IP address and say that since it is one of their routing peers, can they look into it.

2 Likes

100% this. Only thing that I would add would be to please work with the tier 1 reps that man the front lines. While they are likely going to recommend some steps you’ve already done, they often need to do their due diligence before they can forward you to a tier 2 or 3 technician. The more patient and willing to work with them you are, the more easily the issue can be escalated further.

-Lantrasau

2 Likes

Ok good info, thanks!

Thank you.

Hey Kruts i contacted my ISP Cableone they said it was “outside of their network” and was unsure if they could do anything about it. He couldn’t any contact info on the server to try and let them know thats theirs issues going on. He got me to submit my tracert and was going to pass it up to the next support. If you can contact cableone support and let them know what issue you’re having the more people calling the quicker we can enjoy our game.

Thanks

1 Like

Why doesn’t blizzard contact Level3 since they obviously have a peering connection with them in Dallas by the reverse DNS entries…

2 Likes

Same issue for me. Cableone etc. Clearly a lot of people are having this problem, but I’ve been in contact with the ISP a couple times now and am really not getting very far. Surely there is a better way to go about finding a way to get this resolved?

4 Likes

Same here, but Grande Communications is my ISP. What is going on with Dallas1.Level3. net blizzard?

Yep same here with Grande Communications. It’s unplayable with the rubberbanding I get while playing and the high ping spikes for world only.

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue. Contacted CableOne and they assure me it’s not them and that Blizzard is the one that needs to do something.

I’ve now resorted to connecting via VPN. I’m getting latency around 70ms to 90ms, which isn’t great but it’s workable at least. Hopefully they figure out where the problem is and find someone who can fix it.

The standard blizzard answer has been that if a VPN fixes it, it’s the fault of the routing of your isp.

A lot of the reports are pointing the finger at a Level3 hub in Dallas so /shrug neither I nor my ISP is going to get anywhere with Level3 in any reasonable time frame, possibly somewhere around raid tier 3 with extraordinary luck? So I don’t see many options besides someone at Blizzard picking up the phone

I’m having the same problem…

So i tired using a free VPN service and ran a few bosses on Uldir LFR and it seem to fix my problem for the time being. I did not have any massive lagg besides the slightly higher MS from using a VPN. It seems its something around our location before it connects to the server thats causing the issue. I hope they can correct it quickly because I dont want to spend another 50dollars for a VPN on top of my 100dollars a month for my internet. to play a game thats already dreadful LOL

It’s very odd that only WoW has this issue. I can play any other game and have no connection issues, as well as stream movies or Twitch. This all started fairly recent for me to. Maybe 2 weeks ago… Hopefully it gets resolved because I can’t do anything in game really.

2 Likes

Mine started around thanksgiving night when we did a casual heroic clear. It really got bad started this past sunday.