High Key Rating to be Adjusted January 31

so you agree that M+ should be recorded (like in Starcraft) and a tribunal must review each leave and decide the faith of the player who left?

it can be a jury of peers…

False. I just had a case not so long ago where one guy joined a group just to write some insults into group chat and leave right after key was started. And reason he had for this was that same group declined his alt character… This is unacceptable behavior and should even be bannable.

1 Like

No. People are just allowed to leave when they no longer feel invested in the group. people don’t leave keys that are going well.

Got proof? Sounds like made up stories. In the 2,000 keys I’ve run there has never been someone who just straight up trolled the key at the start.

If someone actually did that, it already is bannable. You report it.

What kind of proof? Screenshots? I haven’t made any…

Unfortunately reports do nothing. I just checked his raider.io page and he still plays just fine after all 4 players from that group reported him… I have even manually created a support ticket (Ticket Number: EU87115528) in addition to reporting him from chat menu, still nothing…

no. that gives too much power to the individual over the group.

What are you talking about? People are free to leave right now. If they add any punishment system do you seriously think they will continue trying? They will stop caring completely until someone else leaves first.

i don’t believe the minority should decide for the majority.

sorry.

I don’t believe the incompetent should hold players hostage. Not sorry. Stop being bad and people won’t leave.

3 Likes

i guess there’s no other way then.

meet me in Goldshire. we’ll settle this like gentlemen.

3 Likes

the old raider io system was still better

1 Like

I get it, but at the end of the day, the absolute worst thing about keys is being overly punished for inviting the wrong person. And there’s a lot of wrong people out there.

I won’t even run my own keys, because every time I do, it seems to brick in less than 5 minutes and it absolutely ruins the rest of my evening. There’s no amount of vetting that clears all the bad apples. You either run with people you know, or you risk getting burned. I’ve invited people that had over 50 timed 10+ keys, 12-13 timed on all keys to my 14, only to watch them do 12k dps up to first boss, asspull trash onto the first boss, and then immediately drop group when they died. And now you get to run the key again one level lower. If you’re lucky, the new key can still give you an upgrade or score. If you’re not lucky, you’re running the key desperately hoping you don’t get burned again, so you can upgrade the key and turn it into something you can get a reward from.

Not depleting the key takes an immense amount of frustration out of it, the positives here just far, far outweigh the drawbacks, this is a terrible take.

2 Likes

I agree. We also should reduce the ilvl drops from mythic raid since only affects the minority.

/s

2 Likes

If your key gets burned every time you create a group, then you aren’t vetting your groups as good as you think.

This might just be a key bracket thing unfortunately. My friend was in a +14 HoV where 2 DPS were doing 15k and it’s just mind boggling to me.

It might take the frustration out of it in the short term, but it will get worse when no one’s keys deplete so there’s large numbers of groups listing they they are not ready for. It also opens the door for group leaders to kick people as soon as there’s trouble to “restart”. Oh we messed up lets redo.

I’m not for unlimited attempts. The most I’ll ever concede to is 2 or 3 charges per key. At that point you are probably just not ready for that key level.

1 Like

It’s crazy your working on screwing peoples rating over before unlocking valor lol whoever posted this and the teams that decided this needs to be gone

We have literal mouth breathers making decisions I can’t anymore man Jfc

So youre going to retroactively lower the score of any player who got points for depleting a 21 or higher key right? Cause it would look really, really bad to adjust scoring in the middle of a season and see someone who went 10 min over the timer on a 21 have a higher score than someone who went 5 sec over time in a 22.

1 Like

The last sentence seems to make it pretty clear this is a retroactive change.

2 Likes

Somehow i missed that. Thank you

Not to be too critical, because I appreciate them keeping us updated on things like this, but I think it was easy to miss. It probably would have been more clear if it was stated explicitly as a retroactive change and not as an implication from the final sentence.

This won’t effect your score, in fact it will potentially
Lower scores of higher players bringing you a bit closer to them. It’s intended to keep the “competitive” key pushers honest and have them earn the titles by timing keys vs bricking no leavers ect. I can understand how a quick read through of the post can sound alarming but if you dig into it, it will not have any impact on 99% of players.

1 Like