High Elves and Blood Elf Druids

I think that’d be a good trade too, but only if it’s a voidadin and all the pally moves get new voidy visuals. The mythic Nyalotha set is begging for this to happen :smiling_imp:

I would love for a Thalassian Elf to be a Druid! Blood Elves, since we’re throwing in High Elf options, come Shadowlands, should be that race. Balance it out by giving Paladins to Night Elves.

I present you with a previous post here

As you can see, giving BE druids would further put off the “balance” you request.

Also we don’t have VE paladins cause they all exploded.

1 Like

Well…Could always make Bronzebeard Dwarves into Druids, since we’re throwing in Wildhammer Dwarves, and I’m sure they had some that were Druids. I would get rid of Warlocks, because that’s a Dark Iron Dwarf thing. Remove Paladins from Dark Iron Dwarves too. Then, make a Draenei into a Druid, or a Void Elf. Oh, imagine the looks of the Void Elf “Druids”!

1 Like

Except just bc Blood Elfs are getting blue eye options doesn’t mean they’re “High Elves” now, it just means the source of their magic is different as Ion said. They are getting glowing blue/teal eyes which implies they are just Blood Elfs who use arcane magic/the green glow has faded. They are Blood Elfs regardless of if they have green, yellow, or blue eyes.

I don’t know why people don’t understand that eye color =/= High Elfs, political allignment does.

That being said, I’m down for Belf Druids, as long as Nelfs get Paladins.

1 Like

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Blood Elves ARE the High Elves of Quel’thalas, who renamed their race from HIGH ELF to BLOOD ELF, after Arthas attacked the Sunwell with his Scourge army, and in honor of their fallen comrades, so there you have it! Even Ion once said…Blood Elves ARE High Elves, which has always been true, as a matter of fact. It’s the same concept as we Americans observe Memorial Day, on the last Monday of May, except did we change our nationality’s name from “Americans” to something else? No, we didn’t. Just using that to make a comparison. It’s the same concept.

1 Like

I’m…aware…sorry to burst your bubble but you just proved my point.

They renamed their race to Blood Elves. Those who didn’t and left for the Alliance/other lands kept the name High Elves. They are 2 different political groups that are physically the same race. Hence you can’t call your Blood Elf a “High Elf” just bc they have blue eyes if they’re on the Horde and fight for Quel’thalas. They are a Blood Elf. The High Elfs are those neutral in Dalaran and in the Alliance.

Here’s the lore if you need some help understanding:

" The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to “blood elves” in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven.

However, a few high elves did not rename themselves blood elves. High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political.

When Quel’Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance. Some high elves were exiled from Quel’Thalas after the Third War. Other high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception. Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves."

ht tps://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Hope that helps you understand :))

3 Likes

Exactly, so why did you assume, that I said I was going to be a “High Elf” based on “eye color”? You never even asked that, did you? Not all High Elves had blue eyes. Some had golden eyes.

1 Like

Because you are wrong in saying “Blood Elfs got High Elf options in Shadowlands and so should be Druids”- no, they didn’t. They got blue eyes. They aren’t High Elfs if they are on the Horde. They are Blood Elfs regardless of if they have the green, gold, or blue eyes. Ion said their eye color just reflects the magic they use/power source they harness.

Actual High Elf NPCs in game don’t even have glowing eyes, just normal Blue ones. Blood Elfs didn’t get those as options.

“Blood Elves, since we’re throwing in High Elf options, come Shadowlands, should be that race.” is a wrong statement.

Then argue that with Blizzard. They’ll say what I’m saying. Good luck, and that’s for derailling this thread from the original topic!

1 Like

Zandalar, Darkspear and Tauren -cough- that makes even 3

lol no they won’t :rofl: :joy:

The delusion is strong here

Anyways…anyone else want a Blood Elf Druid? I know I would! Just ignore the trolls in this thread.

1 Like

A druids mission is to bring balance! No BE druids, but VE druids welcome! Ignore the sunwell addict lover!

both trolls look the same to me. same with taurens: same models pretty much. alliance have 3 distincly different races for druid: they look NOTHING alike. and that’s my point.

1 Like

2 types of humans, and an elf, is our choices.

If we use your logic we should have this; 2 types of elf druids, and 2 types of human druids to make it even

I agree! The Highmountain Tauren are literally a reskin of Vanilla Tauren, with the addition of Monk as a playable class. No reason why they couldn’t be customization options for Bloodhoof Tribe Tauren (Core Race Tauren). Zandalari Troll Druids are based on…Dinosaurs? Still, the males have a different rig, as opposed to their Darkspear Male cousins. Females just have a different idle stance, otherwise, they’re the same as their Female Darkspear counterparts. Thus said, we need a race that is different, and bringing that along to the Blood Elves, and possibly Void Elves too, would be amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, we need them, an night elf paladins too

1 Like

2 cows and 2 trolls. gee, so much diversity.

w/e. i use noggen fogger and toys to hide my hideous avatar so meh.

2 humans and 1 elf isn’t any better bud.