High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Alleria’s a High Elf… also there are High Elf wayfarers in the rift.

Locus Walker knows that elves can control void powers now so it’s unlikely that there won’t be more Void Elves.

That being said, the customization options are around so you can play High Elves too, so that’s neither here nor there.

1 Like

I stated nothing on their population. Wow has consistently shown that there will be enough for whatever story that plays out. As such I do not use population as the basis for any argument.

While I have no doubt of this, that process is slow especially among elves. We also don’t know if the Void remains after. We can make some assumptions but since Blizzard hasn’t said one way or the other (and there are some weird things in lore for other races regarding similar things) thats all they will be, assumption.

Blizzard has explained them as a crack squad sized group. Their numbers are low.

The Wayfarers and Scholars suggest otherwise. They are there learning from Locus-Walker. Combine that with our new options and its fairly logical to assume they are finishing their training the way Alleria did.

Think of Alleria as a prototype. Proof the concept can happen and work.

The Void Elves from Umbric’s group are a first production run, which had a minor hiccup. I.E. they were a result of a trap and infusion of the void that way.

The Wayfarers and Scholars now fully void elves are the second production group, with most of the hiccups and bugs worked out.

Still not sure what you mean by racist in this sense?

Uh… I don’t know of any time the Sin’dorei culled the Quel’dorei… Are you referring to Arthas and his attack on Quel’Thalas that killed 90% of the population there supposedly leaving only 10% left?

Since then the Blood Elves and High Elves have been quite common through most expansions. Now we also of course have the Ren’Dorei which until recently pulled from the Blood Elves numbers wise… so that doesn’t detract from the amount of non Blood Elf High Elves…

either way… you yourself are not canonical lore… I could go kill a few hundred thousand ogres… that wont mean they’re all gone… o-O

Sure I guess. I imagine they either just didn’t think it would be a big issue or theres limitations on the system… in either case far as I can see you can easily make your toon of mixed heritage if you’d like…

Show me where?

We have relatively little concrete information on how the whole process works. We have a bit on Argus with Locus-Walker and Alleria, the Void Elf recruitment Scenario, and what we find in the Rift.

And its not magic so it works. Its biology as we know it in the world is not always going to work as you expect or follow exactly the same rules, cause there is an extra force involved that can and will often contribute to it…

The only rule of magic is: Magic breaks all rules. Even this one.

They haven’t though as many will tell you.

The hair styles and colors are not converted over, the classes are limited by the lore, and the racials are different.

I doubt you’d accept the answer… but

It’s different cause theres nothing to suggest it would happen in the lore at all. High Elves that have been in support of the Alliance have existed since vanilla and been reinforced several times through several expansions. While they are generally shown to be from Dalaran, their ties to the Alliance are not in question. Now we have Void Elves and one of their two leaders is a High Elven hero. Its natural to see several High Elves, and even some Blood Elves, choose to go see what her new thing is about. Some of them will join.

We have nothing to suport Mag’har joining the Alliance. Not even a little.

3 Likes

Yeah. This slippery slope stuff always goes this way…

It’d be like if we were like, “You can’t have Ogres because the Alliance already has humanoids with high BMI.”

Whatever. Give em’ the Kul’tiran rig and some ogre heads. Who cares?

1 Like

Yes, it is. It was a strong blue post that was dedicated to a highly talked about request and given it’s own section and information aside from the customizations that were to come in the pre-patch. Blizz advertised it like a big deal because it was a big deal to many.

5 Likes

That it does…

Right? Though personally, and I know ogres is a different thread, but I hope that they don’t end up with the KT rig and get one made using the current Ogre rig.

Ogres are a big want and they should probably have some earnest and obvious work put in.

Thats… just my opinion on them though.

1 Like

I mean, that would be nice… but we’re playing High Elves on the Void Elf platform so who knows. I loved BFA personally, but man the Allied Race situation was super bad.

Kind of off topic, but your toon is looking good Lights!

1 Like

Is complimenting new looks ever off topic?

5 Likes

Yes, well I can positively say that, for their height, Elves are skinny. There is no physical way they could hold most of the oversize mog weapons IRL. Even gekkos don’t have that sort of muscle strength.

Void elves should have stayed as they were, and then they should have added unique high elves if they were going to give alliance a fair skinned elf.

Instead they switched void elves that were already too close to blood elves for comfort, into the expression of “high elves” on the alliance. This destroys the void elf identity, because the majority of void elves will be acting like their high elf head canon is the reality, because that’s ALL YOU ARE EVER GETTING THIS WAY.

Void elves did NOT need to be more like blood elves. They needed ANYTHING but that.

If blizzard is going to cave and give alliance high elves, do it right, or don’t do it at all.

Everything else you said is too convoluted for me to respond to. Just feels weird to me that this is what is happening.

So you get this faux high elf instead of real high elves, and everyone gets to be unhappy about it.

Who cares about the history of high elves and everything though. Now imagine if those alliance mag’har orc complained about only being able to select mag’har skin tones, and blizzard caved and gave them all the orc skin tones too. That’s what happened for blood elves. It’s really foul play.

Tried that. Players created mockups and ideas for a whole new model for high elves and spent years with tens of thousands of posts trying to get them added as an allied race. This was as far as blizz would go, so now some players trying to salvage the situation.

Many of us pointed out that Void Elves are a direct rip off of BE more than HE, considering VE are BE that were booted out of silvermoon.

So theres no story. Nothing added except visual stuff. No separation. That’s on blizz though, not players. Many worked their tails off to make something great and it was a waste. So after all that the least they could do is not bungle it with horrible hair.

Give VE a few choices of natural hair colors and ALLIANCE hairstyles from some of the ALLIANCE races. Doesnt have to be 10 options for each category.

1 Like

The players tried, not blizzard. Blizzard did the wrong thing. I don’t care what the players did or tried for. That doesn’t mean anything, you are all powerless outside of cancelling your subs.

That’s why I cancelled mine over this. It’s an outrageous answer to the alliance outcry for high elves. The alliance will never be truly happy with this because you will never get blonde hair. The void elves are harmed by this because the majority of void elves will now be 12 year olds spamming I’M LEGALOS THE HIGH ELF, with a minority actually embracing the void identity. Blood elves are really upset the most about this, because we have already been robbed of our unique identity, and now we have to live with fear of losing more of that identity.

Because we know blizzard has pandered once, why won’t they pander again and give you our hair tones? How can you trust a company that is willing to pander to one group of its fans against the wishes of another? It doesn’t make sense for void elves to be fair skinned, anyone trying to explain it is doing some crazy wild mental gymnastics that have no basis in lore. It’s really just cringe. A lazy way of giving alliance high elves. The fact that you all accept it too says a lot about how much you cared about getting high elves. What you wanted was the blood elf model on alliance, nothing more.

The least they could do is rob blood elves of their entire visual identity. That’s interesting.

How about no. You already have enough options. You’re already too far from the void. If they add more hair options, they ought to be tentacles and void tipped.

Thank you! :smiley:

This is my Hallow’s End transmog.

3 Likes

That’s not a fact. We cant tell the future. I agree it was the worst optionthey could have gone with for the HE request, but it’s done.

So? There are people who RP that deathwing was their father, and legolas memes apply to BE just as much. Also, what does it matter if more players choose a HE look than a void look? The players who like void have void options and the players who like HE will hopefully have their options. Why is the enjoyment of a player who likes their void elf voidy contingent upon what another players character looks like? Same goes for BE.

Blood Elf identity does not rest on blonde hair, sorry.

Void Elves didn’t make sense from the start, so anything added to them isn’t going to make sense. We will see if blizz deals with trying to fix them.

1 Like

Lots of WoW players.

This is a strange hypothetical straw man. It’s got nothing to do with the current conversation. There hasn’t been a group of Orcs actively supporting the alliance since 2005.

No, Blizzard listened to a 15 year old request for a playable species of a group that’s been in the Alliance for 15 years.

1 Like

I mean, we were never gonna get skin tones either so anti-high-elf horde players are far from clairvoyant.

For sure. Glowie Green Eyes on the other hand…

2 Likes

You cancelled your sub? That’s crazy dedication.

Oh wait. You can’t post on the forums unless you have active game time. Whoops.

Void elves are as they were. You can go make one right now.

This is an evolution of their story. High Elves are joining and becoming Void Elves.

Given that this is only first pass customizations, per Blizzard, I am certain we’ll see more void options as well as High Elf options added at a later time. Really its too early to say one way or another.

That ship sailed long ago when they first added Void Elves.

Anyone who thinks they were ever going to put a second Thalassian model on the Alliance is just wrong.

Sounds more like you can’t find a good counter argument.

They went over this. They cancelled and still have game time till the end of the month.

You can sometimes for a bit of time, but they’re tightening it up.