High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Some ogres are shorter than tauren and related, some are taller.

Some short ogres for comparison:
To a tauren,

To a female Zandalari,

Lorewise, according to Traveler, we can pinpoint their exact height to be:

Male: 6-12 Feet (182.88-365.76 cm)
Female: 6-10 Feet (182.88-304.8 cm)
From The Spiral Path, Page 27

Tauren player models are:
Male: ~8’8 (266.6 cm)
Female: 8’02 (244.58 cm)

Meaning ogres are well within the playable height range lorewise, and this is occasionally reflected in game already.

Source, wtb

Pet peeve, it’s Revan, not Raven.

Gimme

^^

3 Likes

I keep my previous statement regarding elves in general

Your hair is tinted by the void and is tentacles in many cases. It wouldn’t make sense for blood elves to get most of the styles. I feel like something as insignificant as dye would have no effect over the void’s influence. If dye is a thing in WoW too, then why can’t we have total freedom over hair color for every race? There needs to be distinction between the two fair skinned elves. You’re lucky enough to get to be a fair skinned elf on alliance.

1 Like

Oh! My mistake. Fixed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean clearly the belf version wouldn’t have tentacles. Lol

Paint is paint… There is no reason dye wouldn’t work…

We should. Dye is most definetly a thing in wow. Ask any scribe.

Does there? There’s barely been any distinction since void elves were revealed.

2 Likes

I’m POSITIVE High Elves are Blood Elves because we literally just renamed ourselves to pay respects to the bloodshed from the scourge invasion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure they can give the Alliance High elves using Hair Colors and Hairstyles from the Alliance, wouldn’t hurt anything. I mean you put the hood on a Sin’dorei and on a Rendorei anyhow can’t tell the difference other name faction name plate in game. Opps did we just kill that reason now to, didn’t mean to.

Wonderful you feel that way. Now make sure you go alliance zones and call all those high elves that they are blood elves.

You know what, blizz should add a little flavour text to VE/HE npc’s where you call them a blood elf and they get angry and put us in our place verbally.

3 Likes

Blizz referred to the blue eyes and skin tones as “High Elf customization” so technically both sides officially have High Elves

1 Like

My hair wish list for Void Elves:

Void Elf male using Kul Tiran hair textures (colors):

Void Elf male using Human hairstyles:

Void Elf male with hair tentacles toggled off:

7 Likes

I can live with that well done!

1 Like

OFC some symps remain but they are just that.

We don’t want your hair styles. Give us new unique ones. Find your own identity, we already have ours.

I mean, the community has been actually crying since void elves were introduced for the addition of fair skin. Now you get fair skin, and you personally “feel about the same”. Only with the introduction of the same hair colours as blood elves would you be truly satisfied.

Yes. There does need to be distinction. There is distinction. There always will be distinction. You got what you actively fought for so it’s over. No more blood elf appearances should be given to void elves.

It’s bad enough that they gave you the option to be anything but void colored, to give you our hair on top of that… nah. Just play the horde if you want to be a high elf. We’re known as blood elves now.

Even the barbershop hair color options aren’t dye based in my opinion. Or else they wouldn’t be limited to the natural selections. They have a magic method of changing the appearance of your hair to another naturally occurring type and only those that are naturally occurring. The existence of the limitation also implies that gnomes naturally have pink and green hair.

It’s too bad that you can’t always get what you want. I think it was a mistake to even give void elves fair skin, because you’d think that would end the outcry. Maybe they will revert the change if you keep asking for too much though LOL. Just to spite humanity’s entitlement.

5 Likes

"You" or “some” don’t want Void Elf hairstyles, not “we”. You can’t speak for every Blood Elf player, and there have been Blood Elf players requesting Void Elf hairstyles. Especially since Blood Elves shared their skin tones, and some players feel that Void Elves should share something in return.

7 Likes

i dont like bumping this thread but take this please

:blue_heart:

1 Like

I have said countless times that you cannot satisfy a zealot. The high elfers just want whatever race and customization they want, on whatever faction they want. The whining is ad nauseam. They got the high elf model. They got the fair skin. They got the dark brown skin. They got the arcane eyes. But as predicted, they found something else to whine about: hair options. Blizzard shouldn’t have created void elves at all. Even after giving them high elf models with every single distinct high elf customization option, people are still crying that they don’t have enough. Pandering is condemned for a reason.

2 Likes

this is a bit extra…
the void elfs atm dont really look like high elves.

when we get their update i thnk adding black and white and a maybe weird blonde… i’d also like a cute pink… plus a few hairstyles that seems more stylish. would help a lot

if people want more after that… they should get slapped

Void elf literally uses the high elf model with the same skin tones. Any more and they’ll just be the same race with different racials, which is nonsensical.

Allow me to return your previous statement:

the whole point is that they still dont look like high elves because of the color of their hair and tendrils in 90 percent of their hair.
blizz literally stated they were giving us these options to look more like high elves for both factions.

just a bit more work and they will be perfect.
stop nagging.

There is no “they don’t look like high elves”. They are high elves with different hair.

And they shouldn’t.

Again, allow me to return your own advice:

Eh, thats fine too.

I’m not exactly married to it.

You asked a question and got a response from one person. Now you’re attacking them without any idea about my thoughts on the rest of all this.

You’re just assuming an awful lot about me.

I’m pro customizations for all. More options is better all around.

I disagree but I don’t begrudge you your opinion.

Since Void elves came out the distinction has been minor at best. And since in the only place it actually matters from a gameplay perspective, PVP, the look isn’t important just if its red or not, I do not generally put much stock in distinction.

I have 7 Blood Elves. I do play Horde.

I’m again more interested in further options for all the races. Hair color is the least of anything.

Oh I agree entirely.

I’m just saying its silly that we’re so limited. Hair dye is a common thing in real life and has been for a ridiculously long time. Throw on top of that that WoW has magic and it really is kinda silly that Hair colors are not immensely varied across ALL races.

I think you put too much stock in me wanting it. lol

And as far as ending the Outcry? Nah, they wont likely ever stop asking for High Elves. Its what players wanted and they didn’t exactly get that. I’m rather content at this point but as I have said I was always more interested in more options and the lore behind the Alliance beholden high elves.

When Void Elves came out though I fulfilled my need for that. I was rather happy with my blueberry, and she still is today a blueberry.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for Blizzard reverting such changes though. That seems… unlikely to me given how they operate.

It has been nice talking with you though.

3 Likes