High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

Except thereā€™s nothing to suggest that Blood elves would require High elves to change their name to live in Silvermoon either. And I mean, itā€™s not like it requires a void transformation for them to join either so :woman_shrugging:

I mean considering all the neutral high elves, or the ones that send and assist the Horde player on killing Alliance soldiers, thatā€™s not entirely true. Especially when one of them is even dressed red like a Blood elf.

And so are the Void elves.

Hmm alright.

I mean didnā€™t heard anything great from last week in terms of a New Build of anything yet.

Yea, weā€™re kinda in limbo for the time being. Next week may prove enlightening though.

I donā€™t think VEs need anything else until BEs get undead skin tones, and I stand by that because what did BEs even get really, Blue Eyes? The same ones on VEs? Tit for tat. Iā€™m happy VEs can now pull ranks from HE wayfarers in the rift, and one can be a VE that was a former HE not a former BE. But now letā€™s get back to BEs bcz all Iā€™ve seen is sharing that is going mostly one sided.

1 Like

if the safest thing is that they are told that they have that skin by the elves of telerus rift

and the blood elf for the purification of the sunwell

I donā€™t know what people expect too, they get very complicated when things are too simple

That if they dream of the sub-race, I do not rule it out, but it is something that I consider 1%

Also, by this very same reasoning shouldnā€™t a Void Elf be able to title themselves Blood Elves?

This really seems more like a TRP issue to me than a grievance with the game.

I think the argument is just one sided?

People are like, ā€œGive Blood Elves skins for Dark Rangersā€ and all the Pro High Elf people are like, ā€œYeah! Do that!ā€

There isnā€™t any push back to it. We all just agree itā€™s a good idea. So there isnā€™t really a reason to pump the brakes on High Elf requests.

1 Like

I really donā€™t have a problem with lore being included for BEs to see some HEs return to the fold.

The lore is there to infer these new recruits are both BE and Alliance HEs. So I want it explicitly stated ā€œyes the new VE recruits are the wayfarers in the rift studying that youā€™ve seen which included BEs and HEsā€.

Iā€™m also very pro HE but if BEs donā€™t get undead skins Iā€™m going to be very disappointed, itā€™s just as asked as anything else and with VEs being able to choose if they want to be original Void Elves or new recruits which would Iā€™m assuming be the new diverse range of skin tones Blood Elves should get the undead customization thatā€™s asked for.

1 Like

Eh. I doubt it. Iā€™ll be surprised if they talk about lore reasons for the customization optionsā€¦

I imagine theyā€™ll just wait for the skins to come out and people to realize the sky isnā€™t falling before they do anything. If they do anything.

So, as I stated, do you think Void Elves should be able to title themselves Blood Elves?

1 Like

Itā€™s not that itā€™s a problem it just looks to me to lack self awareness. Like I get there are more ideas from pros of course. But like read your room, see others havenā€™t gotten things yet, itā€™s okay to chill for a moment. Thatā€™s my opinion though but I also air on the side of hyper self awareness shrugs

1 Like

I meanā€¦ people who want to play High Elves are still dealing with a compromise to something that shouldnā€™t have been a compromise in the first place?

Soā€¦ theyā€™re gonna keep pushing to be able to play their Warcraft fantasyā€¦ itā€™s not like itā€™s a surprise, itā€™s been going on since 2005.

We all want Blood Elves to be able to look like Dark Rangers. So there is just no there, there.

4 Likes

ā€œAll the neutral High Elvesā€ are hostile to the Horde.

Except for Dalaran, which is Dalaran and is trying to be neutral to save the world.

But even then the Silver Covenant marches with the Allianceā€¦ and then youā€™ve got all those High Elves in the game that are Alliance allied.

This really is a TRP thingā€¦ and seems like a personal request.

Well, thatā€™s just flat out factually wrong.

If only, seems way too often things go down unrelated roads of Tolkien or DnD elves and why they are supposed to be represented in game by alliance high elves.

Iā€™d say that logic applies to a Void elf whether they want to identify as a Blood elf, or High elf.

I donā€™t think you understand what the word ā€œNeutralā€ means. It certainly didnā€™t feel like any of those High elves at the Sunwell were hostile either.

Eh. Iā€™m not really sure what you mean by that.

People have been asking to play High Elves since 2005. Theyā€™re aware of what the WoW High Elves are.

5 Likes

I mean that Iā€™ve gone round and round with people who are trying to use the idea that there may be some degree of inspiration taken from DnD and Tolkienā€™s works to try and argue that that means they need THOSE elves in the game, and it only makes sense for these good elves to be on alliance.

Basically that some people are craving a very generic version of an elf in the game without really caring about the actual story of the game. And Iā€™m definitely opposed to that be it about blood/high elves, Night Elves or any other race. Warcraft is itā€™s own work and I think it definitely would harm the story to change the characterization of some races to fulfill the desire for a vanilla off the rack ā€˜high elfā€™ trope rather than the high elves with the story they already have.

Eh. Iā€™ve never seen thatā€¦

andā€¦ Iā€™ve been to Silvermoon and seen people writing there. So thatā€™s certainly not exclusive to people wanting to play High Elves.

and moreover, Tolkien Elves are hardly good guys. D&D elves are theoretically pretty lawful neutral as a species tooā€¦ and outside of BFA writing that makes the Horde heinously evil (morally grey!) the Alliance arenā€™t the good guys either?

Soā€¦ maybe those people exist. Though it seems ironic to say such a thing with Snowsong opining about not wanting to be a Blood Elf because theyā€™re the baddies. Which they arenā€™t. Desperation is a thing.

2 Likes

Not agreeing with someoneā€™s choice =/= baddies

I have the metaphorical headaches from trying to explain to some people why theyā€™re not the same (also that DnD was not inspired by tolkien too) Theyā€™re around, just making a snarky point since Iā€™ve spent probably way too much time arguing with them.

And Iā€™ve got multiple levels of opposition. Say youā€™re someone whoā€™s pretty consistent with their request and understanding that the people opposed arenā€™t bad, I didnā€™t think that was a good idea because of my reasons, but it kinda sucked that what we both want clashed.

Someone spouting calls that elves need to be on alliance because duh, elves and humans and dwarves HAVE to be together like in the Fellowship. Then no, no that should not happen, let WoW be WoW without having to change to make sense with a separate property.

ā€œWe want the pure holy good spotless High Elves and not those baby eating evil Blood Elvesā€ Well, that involves some a word or two not approved for use in this forum followed by ā€œNO!ā€