High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

Kirela, are you forgetting that it was the scourge that attacked not the forsaken?
The forsaken are undead free of the lich kings mind control.
The orcs who aided them were no longer the same as those from the first and second war.
The trolls that assist them are not amani, but black spear. Why are you ignoring these important distinctions?
High elves wont be a thing because of design issues. Design issues the devs cited. It just wont happen without modification, and for that, you got void elves.

1 Like

darkspear. hehe

1 Like

Look, you can disagree but that is what the lore and design state. For them and for nightborne.
My point about handfed lore is to counter your argument about horde being handfed lore. You cant claim one then ignore the other.
Let alone no lore ever suggested vulpera to be a thing for alliance. You would have something to go on with sethrak, which are far cooler.

2 Likes

I like the Blood Elves on Horde.

But I agree the High Elves on Alliance do more then being just fine, adding a fitting narrative and rivalry I find the High Elves view point just as interesting as the Blood Elf perspective on the Horde.

5 Likes

Were forsaken not part of the scourge? I asked about this a long time ago and whether or not forsaken were part of the attack on Silvermoon or whatever. Isn’t that the story out of the gate where forsaken were under his control and freed?

And Garithos was a single human, but it gets tossed out there all the time as an excuse. The old issues between NB and NE despite how Alliance were there in the thick of it to help them as well. HM as well, but here they are killing us.

Void Elves are the cornerstone of hypocrisy because they are recycled freaking Blood Elves, which is essentially the whole point behind my support of High Elves.

I am saying that the Horde are handfed races, whether the lore actually supports it or not (not any more or less than Alliance). Then when there is a NEW race, the story is created to once again support the Horde.

9 Likes

i agree with this and i’m glad they didnt force the playerbase to actively attack the cute fox people. that woulda been terrible. its bad enough as it is, that we are encouraged to attack each other’s shrimps - et.al, gnomes and goblins, and each other’s critters - et. al, tauren and worgen. its tough beating up a sweet cow lady or a worgen who yelps like a puppy in pain.

but the prior expacs allied races, they forced us to help people who would be our enemies as soon as they were rescued. its the equivalent of calling you an idiot.

I don’t care that Horde have the Blood Elves at this point, although it does not make any sense to me. I don’t like how their allegiance with the Horde is supposed to bar the Alliance from having High Elves become playable though.

12 Likes

Look how quick Blizzard are to mock High Elf requests with the April 1st.

Oh and a nice little stab in the kidney about Mechagnomes aswell.

Yea yea it’s all ‘fun’ and a joke, but the very fact it’s so easy to make fun of Alliance is itself a matter for concern.

1 Like

Where? It seems I have missed something.

Nevermind. Found it.

1 Like

link? where?

1 Like

While I disagree with the BE’s and actually further the NB being Horde as I think they both make sense and fit perfectly.

I cannot agree with this statement enough and sums up how I feel actually extremely well too. From my perspective I would enjoy as a BE player dealing with any HE’s in questing, I would be hyper invested in winning or seeing the story, I’m not really interested in the faction balance (I play on Proudmoore for Alliance so I genuinely have no stake in that argument and am unsure they would help in that regard anyways) when I say Alliance deserve something nice but I think a lot of people who are fans of the Alliance narrative would be fond of the traditional narrative of High Elves.

3 Likes

Sticky on GD called Patch Notes or whatever. Their April Fool’s joke post.

Somebody tell them to stand on a rug, so I can yank it out from under them.

Okay, you seem to be missing my point.
Scourge = controlled by lich king
Forsaken = freed from lich king control

Could some Forsaken who were form scourge have attacked high elves? Yes.
Does this matter? No.
Why would the blood elves judge the forsaken, who are led by a hero of their people, for a crime which they were not responsible? For being a people professed as wise and long lived, it would be unusually short sighted of them to hold the forsaken responsible when they were being forced to commit atrocities.

Garithos occurred pre-WoW, the issues that are named occur in TBC which are the alliance spies, and the NE saboteurs. Garithos is a factor, but not the singular one. Jaina became another one in MoP.

They are modified blood elves. Purple skin, tentacle hair, unnatural eyes.
Let alone is it not hypocritical to demand high elves but with a modified model? What is the differenc? Why is one fine but the other is not? Its an arbitrary justification with no logical backing.

Worgen would have fit the Horde better than the Alliance and yet the Alliance still received them. A race that is volatile but struggles to maintain control and remain noble went to the faction which abhores monsters. Just saying, it happens everywhere, not just the HOrde.
Heck, you had a story for the alliance justify void elves, who IMO, should have been horde while you received nightborne.

Happens all the time, but it won’t change because it is about doing it because it is the right thing to do, not because it will benefit you. I don’t do CPR on someone and expect them to give me their life savings down the road. Life is unpredictable.

1 Like

At least they know the request still exists and may be using humor so when they finally introduce them the opposition can recall this moment as the ground work as the joke that finally alluded to High Elves!

My optimism shines on regardless!

6 Likes

thats a feature of real life and it frequently makes you feel like an idiot there too. like a nice dummy. i did right so why do i feel like george mcfly.

I hope you’re right. But I just
 really hate April fool’s day. These things that are always being teased on that day, just
 irritate me so much.

5 Likes

Maybe they are just giving the wrong type of Half Elf?

Think about it.

I dislike April fools too.

But if I was traditionally opposed to something, and I decide to change my stance. Either I just pretend I was always of the opinion, like sometimes my friends will try to introduce me to new music and I’ll hate it, and then I’m the biggest fan like a week later and try to play it off like I was the one who put them onto the artist.

OR, I start slow with like “well they aren’t that bad actually” but really I’m screaming on the inside how much I stan them now.

That’s what this strikes me as, a joke yes, but it recognizes the request, and alludes to a stance change coming later, perhaps when we leave Shadowlands and return to Azeroth coughs

high dwarves and mechataurens?