High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

I always giggle a bit at their patch notes.

6 Likes

I miscommunicated, I am not bothered or annoyed by the joke, it was more about the reminder. These threads that everyone is sick of are going to continue until the game shuts down and the forums no longer exists if they keep drawing attention to it.

1 Like

Well
yes
because no one was being mind controlled into utilizing the arcane despite the many dangers associated with it. Claiming them the same is false equivalency.

This is again, you applying false equivalency. The Alliance hates the undead and largely rejects them. Hence, why we probably won’t see anything like lightforged undead.
As for the dead night elves, it has been explained being made into an undead alters your thinking. It brings out those darker emotions, makes you ill tempered. You’re still you, but you’re missing parts. I doubt those undead night elves will return home. Whatever their motivations are motivations they chose, they weren’t mind controlled.

Which ultimately led to him being usurped due to his crimes against everyone. Again, not equivalent.

It is really the only debate that matters because what prevents high elves is purely design ones.

I mean
if you’re thinking theylook like chihuaha’s on two legs you are just being disingenuous. They are plenty fearsome on their own. Again, the idea of them was to be the noble monster, which is what the Horde pushes. Hence, why they seem ill fitted for the ALliance in some ways just as the blood elves seem unfit for the Horde in some ways as well.
As for KT and Mechagnomes, that is purely a preferential matter. KT"s embody the whole strongman basis. Mechagnomes provide an intereting twist on the gnome race. Them not being people’s preference is not equivalent to the quality and work put into them, which is far more than the nightborne.

Vrykul largely wouldn’t have happened because if I remember right, they HATE humans. The ones you work with as a Warrior in Legion are not standard Vrykul.

1 Like

At least it means we are still on the radar.

7 Likes

Nightborne are not standard night elves, what is your point?

1 Like

Could you
think that out a little more? There are obvious reasons why they are not nearly the same or comparable.

I really like the correlation between MOP being an April fools joke too.

Furthermore to Hypers point, a joke about too many Elves at a time they added two more Elves makes sense to me
 but this joke seems to zoom focus in on the High Elf request so 
 :thinking: :heart_eyes: maybe Blizzard likes the positivity we have on the topic :smiley:

5 Likes

Technically it was Pandaren that started as the April Fools joke and they just added to them.

5 Likes

As mockery fodder, tbf.

3 Likes

hmm?

April Fools day isn’t a WoW holiday.

I see it more as the topic is really amusing for anyone not taking it too seriously, blizz is just having a good natured joke with it.

1 Like

I’m glad they made a jab at the playerbase, it shows they’re aware of how tired and drawn out the High Elf discussion is and there’s literally nothing new to add.

5 Likes

I must have misunderstood you. I simply meant in terms of expecting an April fools patch notes it doesn’t bother me, but I’m also unphased largely by most in game yearly things, let alone the patch notes April fools thing.

In terms of it being tradition to see a WoW April fools patch notes, I’m unphased I guess but also I don’t really bat an eye for the WoW in game holidays is what I mean.

2 Likes

Pandaren were once an April fool’s joke, and look what happened? Who knows, many positives could be coming from this. It was a good laugh.

5 Likes

Ah
ok
I think I understand. :hugs:

1 Like

Yeah I think we both meant the same thing. Neither meaning it was a WoW holiday just reference to the yearly wow patch notes I think for April fools.

I just felt to mention I tend to not even bat and eyelash for the in game stuff either heh

1 Like

/raises eyebrow
them’re fightin’ words, hoss.

“This is not a throw-away silly-silly ha ha funny expansion set; it is absolutely the next vital chapter and as things ratchet up, they’re gonna get really gnarly. There’s no way we’re gonna build an expansion set based on an April Fools Joke.”
Metzen Blizzcon 2011

During an interview with Game Front, Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak, who also was on the panel with Metzen, echoed the sentiments that Mists of Pandaria may seem more light-hearted, but it’s just as important to the overall WoW experience as the previous expansion sets. Kosak also said that a playable pandaren race is “by far” the most asked-for World of Warcraft feature among fans.

2 Likes

i was there at the time. they showed us that cute pandaren pet and we went bonkers. thing is still adorable.

3 Likes

And yet they’re one of the least popular core races. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like