High Elf Customizations for Void Elves

I never said it did and that has 0 relevance to the conversation I am having with Vacant

Vacant is saying these new skintones took away customization from VELFS. We are not talking about Belf options or themes at all

You already know I agree that Belfs need WAY more customization like scars, tats, hairstyles and colors, and Darkfallen hair and eyes

Vacant is talking about dev time, and effort for new options, and you’re trying to downplay what’s been done for VE’s so it feels pertinent to say, since you aren’t the sole judge of a conversation thread and relevant arguments though I don’t always like relevant arguments that aren’t helping my case either so I get it.

VE fans are kind of in the same boat of feeling shafted so I get it there is a parallel with BE fans as to why I said what I said.

And I support KT options and hairstyles for VE’s as well, but I still feel passionately about people trying to downplay VE customizations, and now arguing equity when its a conversation on disparity.

1 Like

Yes…for Velfs. We aren’t talking about Belfs at all right now.

No…I’m realistically discussing the amount of effort it took to port the skintones over without even changing the underwear…which is very little…and did not realistically take any substantial amount of development time away from other Velf options.

Effort =/= visual theme or importance.

I mean you literally came into my conversation with Vacant about Velf options and how much time they took…to bring up “second visual theme” and Belf disparity…which the conversation was not about. So yes, it’s irrelevant to my conversation with Vacant.

2 Likes

I hope you realize that this is just your own personal anecdotal observation and doesn’t reflect any facts.

(Statement): My intent was not to make anyone look bad, but rather try to explain what seems the most reasonable logic behind the additions we’ve seen to date, and why they are good. If anyone has been offended, I apologize.

(Commentary): As to your analogy about the pie, it requires some changing. Firstly, there are three pies; cherry, blueberry, and apple. Blood Elves have exclusive rights to the cherry pie, and they already have all but one slice of apple. Void Elves have the entire blueberry pie, and no apple. So, as we start, the Blood Elves have nearly two entire pies. Well, the Void Elves just got 3/4ths of an apple pie while the Blood Elves got their missing piece of apple.

(Commentary): So, for Blood Elf players, it seems like they got a measly slice of apple, while the Void Elves got easily 6 slices of apple. It’s not equal. But it is closer to equitable.

5 Likes

Disparity is disparity, this just sounds like a shifty way of trying to hope people don’t notice, which isn’t cool because it would be wishful thinking BE players get shafted in some way.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I believe there’d be a fair amount of complaints that Blood Elves got so little compared to say Humans and Night Elves. But I don’t think Void Elves would have been mentioned in those complaints had the devs not previously announced them getting the skin tones and that they’d get them at launch.

Yes.

If we quote just a tad more of the part you were answering here… my own words mirrored yours.

Did Blood Elves get short changed? Absolutely.

I don’t understand what I’ve done to elicit hostility from you lately Lann, but it’s becoming distinctly more noticeable. I support the things you want. I agree with most things you post. I am not your enemy. I want Blood Elves to get more stuff.

1 Like

They’re called High Elves actually.

And you don’t want anything. Or you would be asking for it.

You’re just against people playing High Elves.

And you’re too late.

And if you think that after requesting High Elves since Vanilla wow, then arguing about it on the forums for two years ever since Ion made a gaffe, then getting most of what I want, that I’m going to suddenly stop asking before Void Elves even get a customization pass because you’re suggesting I should, “Play a High Elf.” Then you are crazy.

News flash, this is happening.

If you want something “Unique” for Void elves then think it up and ask for it.

1 Like

And hopefully Velfs will get the rest of their Apple Pie soon, and Belfs will get some better decorations/toppings for their Cherry Pie, as well as a new Blackberry pie (Dark Ranger options).

Then we can all overload on carbs :yum: :pie:

4 Likes

No it isn’t.

It really is. It in no way will negatively affect anyone’s experience playing this game. The only reason to object, is literally pettiness.

5 Likes

Especially now.

Now it is an argument against, “Additional hair colors.”

2 Likes

Maybe they are waiting to give Blood Elves more until they can give Void Elves complete hair options. Maybe the fairness argument is effectively backfiring. In the same way they had to give both groups blue eyes simultaneously.

That’s not entirely true.

While it may not be logical (feelings being feelings after all), the players who feel that their playable Thalassian race should have exclusivity to certain aesthetic options will have a “negative experience” every time they see a Void Elf using the new skin tones because it will remind them that now the other playable Thalassian race has those options too.

It doesn’t have to be logical or petty to cause a negative reaction. I may not understand why people put value on exclusivity (it’s an issue I’ve always had problems wrapping my head around), but I do recognize that people do put value on it, so I can understand why losing it can make them feel bad.

That is literally being petty, though?

1 Like

It’s possible, but I think it mostly boiled down to time crunch and some things being finished before others as the clock ran out.

I do hope that when allied races get their pass, and (assuming) Void Elves get their hair options, that Blood Elves also get a fair amount of love at the same time to address the disparity that I agree exists when comparing the options Blood Elves got compared to Humans or Night Elves.

2 Likes

Same! I want all my Elf characters to look equally amazing :slight_smile:

I still need more hairstyles for my Belf priestess especially…

(Commentary): My hope is they’ll add underwear to the Dark Ranger skins for Blood Elves at the same time they work on underwear for the new Void Elf skins. That way the Dark Ranger options can be released at the same time as the Void Elf ones. It might even be worth considering adding some Void Elf skins to provide additional Dark Ranger options for Blood Elves.

3 Likes

There was a time I would agree with you, but over time I have come to realize how uncommon my non-valuing of exclusivity is, and how my lack of understanding of that feeling made me chalk it up to pettiness. But a perceived loss can feel about as bad as an actual loss. For some people.

Like, the Battle for Lordaeron. Technically the Alliance “won” that but it didn’t feel like a win to a lot of Alliance players.

I didn’t say that they didn’t I also answered the question for emphasis? Why is my voice drowned out for only you to answer? I can voice my opinion as well whether it mirrors yours or not, and what’s more you’re arguing against the fact BE’s are in a situation of disparity so if you’re asking a question I’m answering myself not just letting you pose a rhetorical question you assume we agree on because I don’t know where you stand here or there or with people who make attacks on BE’s.

There is no hostility, I noticed your theme of endorsing disparity in how you choose to call people out but thats that I guess, but I take offense at the insinuation.

I would hope so all things considered.

I mean I get it, its not my fight it never has been, I’ll defend BE lore and existence all day however. But now more than ever I would side with people who valued exclusivity because even to me who it didn’t matter to, I take issue with it being taken away and nothing being done in return for Blood Elves.

I would like this as well, though I am not sure Void Elf skins as they are would work particularly well with the Darkfallen aesthetic.

The underlying blue tone is still very noticeably Void Elf, and I think some Blood Elf players might take umbrage to that (but I could be wrong). I could see Void Elf skintones being taken as a base though, and maybe tone shifted a bit so as to add several pale-dead-undead options besides the current NPC ones for Blood Elves to use when making San’layn or Dark Ranger characters.

3 Likes